Who here is really into music, dare I say quality music ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is this vinyl you talk of?

Shellac brings me my music!

Try killing someone with a CD, much harder!

Not that long ago we had a blackout... I was the only one who could play music hehehehe

But yes, plenty of things were better in the past, not everything... but plenty... but that is a whole different topic ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelli May wrote:

Poor LadyG... it's not her fault, she was Born This Way. Now Respect Yourself and move on
:)

There are performers who what you hear them perform is actually below their true abilities or talent.  For better or for worse they are performing what sells.  I have heard that this is true of Lady Gag also.  Kind of a sad situation in some ways.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

Poor LadyG... it's not her fault, she was Born This Way. Now Respect Yourself and move on
:)

There are performers who what you hear them perform is actually below their true abilities or talent.  For better or for worse they are performing what sells.  I have heard that this is true of Lady Gag also.  Kind of a sad situation in some ways.

i heard she kind of chose pop but could have went into many other types of music..this was just from someone on the steet so i don't know how credible it is..i never took the time to look it up..but i know she did go to school of arts..

Scroobius Pip said it better than I can:

Thou shalt not put musicians and recording artists on ridiculous pedestals, no matter how good they are, or were.

The Beatles... were just a band

Led Zeppelin... just a band.

The Beach Boys... just a band.

The Sex Pistols... just a band.

The Clash... just a band.

Crass... just a band.

Minor Theat... just a band.

The Cure... just a band.

The Smiths... just a band.

Nirvana... just a band.

The Pixies... just a band.

Oasis... just a band.

Radiohead... just a band.

Bloc Party... just a band.

The Arctic Monkeys... just a band.

THE NEXT BIG THING? Just a band.

Kelli May wrote:

Thou shalt not put musicians and recording artists on ridiculous pedestals, no matter how good they are, or were.

The Beach Boys
... just a band.

The Sex Pistols
... just a band.

The Clash
... just a band.

Crass
... just a band.

Minor Theat
... just a band.

The Cure
... just a band.

Nirvana... just a band.

Oasis... just a band.

well it's not about pedestals, it's about enriching your life by listening to quality music instead of just partaking in the horsefeed that the mainstream offers you.

you have to use the ip with the port for the stream..sl won't recognise it by just the regular link..

Also i found a quote from gaga about those songs sounding a like..

" If you put the songs next to each other, side by side, the only similarities are the chord progression. It’s the same one that’s been in disco music for the last 50 years.”

something like this here would work

http://server1.rockhausradio.de:8220 that or something like this http://24.49.254.117:8008

if you want to see the stream like those above..you just go to the link provided by the OP and click one of the players  to play the station if you have one of them..then open with your player and right click the station in the play list and view file info and it will give you the stream info..

i would post it but i am not the OP and it's not my place..those ip's up there are from other net stations that have been around SL for awhile..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

if you want to see the stream like those above..you just go to the link provided by the OP and click one of the players  to play the station if you have one of them..then open with your player and right click the station in the play list and view file info and it will give you the stream info..

Thanks -- got the stream, the same as the OP gave me.

I can listen to the stream on my computer, and the music seems good but I have never heard these songs :-) 

i just remembered..my father has the album hard days night that his father gave him that he had gotten from a beatles concert..it has a picture of all the beatles on it and where they signed it for my grandfather..

my dad has tons of junk like that ..he did a lot of forest gumping also when it comes to music..like he met the guy that won the guitar from george therougood..the one he played the song bad to the bone LOL

my mother was practically a roady from what my father tells me LOL

she actually dated the guy from jefferson starship..till my father started to date her again LOL

it goes on and on i swear lol

Berlin Mesmeriser wrote:

well it's not about pedestals, it's about enriching your life by listening to quality music instead of just partaking in the horsefeed that the mainstream offers you.

And The Beatles aren't mainstream? And suggesting they should be in everyone's (or at least, anyone with taste) top ten isn't pedestal-raising?

Really, I don't have anything against them. I love the trippiness of Magical Mystery Tour and the rawness of Please Please Me. I'm probably into a lot of the same bands that you are. I'd make a guess that The Who, The Stones, The Kinks and perhaps Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd find as much favour with you as they do with me. I just suggest that your opening remarks came off as unnecessarily divisive, and put off as many people as you'd attract.

The Beatles WERE not mainstream, they are now.

Technically you can say if music is good or not because it is not just about taste.

People have good voices, can write music, play instruments... or not.

Like the Beatles or not, they could make technically very good songs, their songs reached a large audience, their music is loved decades later, their music influenced countless of current artists, etc, etc.

There were thousands of bands in the 1960s that never had a hit, nobody ever heard about that are now forgotten.

So I think you can say that some music is very good, even if you don't like it.

Simply because of the abilities of the artists.

An abilitiy that today often has nothing to do with talent but more about making sure you have a studio full of people very talented at pushing buttons.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

thats not what i heard..i heard madonna came from the past to the future and went back and was doing all of lady gagas stuff..

just give them time to find the missing time machine to link it all together..

just you doubters wait and see who the real madaga is!\o/

hehehhee
:P

She did the same for the Beatles...

Didn't you know?

...Dres

Berlin Mesmeriser wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

The Beach Boys
... just a band.

The Sex Pistols
... just a band.

The Clash
... just a band.

Crass
... just a band.

Minor Theat
... just a band.

The Cure
... just a band.

Nirvana... just a band.

Oasis... just a band.

And Mozart was just a piano tutor.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.