The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

Nobody asked if it could go on the web. It's just there, poof.

okay I feel better too.

Agreed and to me, a violation of my privacy however, they have changed the ToS to accommodate this.  That was not there when I joined and I am one who takes my privacy very seriously especially when it comes to the "fantasy" world I am in. I don't belong to Faceboox or MySpace or another other place like that as I simply don' t want my information blasted all over the place.

Did not know that payment info status and birthdate would still show like that. You're right, that is stupid.

Home is your feed. What you're seeing there are things that people on your friends list have posted on their or somebody else's feed.

I had some trouble deleting interests, too. I don't need LL playing matchmaker for me, and their recommendations, no matter how many times I dismissed them, kept reappearing. I did finally manage to delete my one interest, which I shared with two other people in all of SL ("watching paint dry"), and replace it (to "NO interest in friend recommendations, tyvm!").

There's not really privacy in the fantasy world anymore.  Wish they would attach a disclaimer or warning on that - maybe they do - if so, people aren't catching it.

It's not an SL thing...it's an Internet thing determined by the big boys....Facebook in particular, then add all the others...Google+ most recently.  Suppose that if you don't follow along....you're left in the dust.  To me, the dust is a niche that some prefer.

Huge marketing when you take each individual's name....each page they post....free marketing.

Have asked several departments if I could be removed from forum entirely (to at least get rid of all that marketing).....NO.  if you can't beat 'em...join 'em.

Have asked several departments if profile can be removed from web search only, and not from inworld.  NO.

For business, you simply cannot remove a profile inworld.

For those who want a wee bit of privacy (stuff will show on the web)....but you can choose a name like John Smith or Bob Brown and get your stuff lost in the sea.

Any venue which is promoting some type of privacy....forget it.  They will eventually change terms mid-game...and bust it all out for free marketing and database potential.

Chris Norse wrote:

Even adding the word "profie" to your name in the Google search doesn't bring up your web based profile, but it does bring up a list of posts to this forum attacking enhanced profiles.

in that case hehehe

time to attack web based profiles

Llama style!!!

watch as web based profiles are introduced after the Llama finally had gotten used to regular profiles..

Chris Norse wrote:

I didn't search your name Ceka.  If I did, would I find any pics of you in a bo peep outfit?

ok now i am starting to wonder if i am missing something lol

is there an inside joke from the past that i am sposed to be remembering  hehehe

sorry if i am not understanding the bo peep thingy  hehehe

For now....Frank is someone who could still snag some privacy on the Internet.  But not for long.

Become a Frank or a John...do not attach a last name, or attach Smith...and you'll be fine.  but not totally fine.

People will say "who is Frank?"   ....and they may never know.  but never is not a good word.  not possible on the Internet.  Forever is a word that should be used.

Frankly...I think they messed up a tad on their marketing opportunities when they gave the new folks one name.  Hurry before they catch that.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

OMG

When Feed is set to 'Friends' you get stuff from your friends & when it's set to 'Nobody' you get stuff from your friends?

Apparently yes.

When the new profiles came out I set my feed to 'nobody' but was surprised to see that I was still getting the banter between several of my more chatty friends. I asked if there was a way to turn this off and was told there wasn't (short of deleting all my friends).

I don't use v2 and when I log in from a browser it's set to the profile section, so I don't see the feed convos unless I specifically look for them, still it seems to me that there should be a way to completely turn all this stuff off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.