WOAH <:( !!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its been 2600 for $10.30 since I became active again in 2009.

And I do see what you're saying.

Now it wants $1.50 for me to get 260L.

$10.78 for 2600L.

They've always said there was an exchange rate, looks like it has shifted.

L$2490 = $10.30.

So today's 249L is what 260L was yesterday.

In 2009 I saw it drop to 258 a few times, but never more. This is a drop of 11 less lindens per dollar. That's significant.

That's one less common-breed Meeroo per US$10. Or one older outfit at Bare Rose. ;) Or two weeks of 50 prims in the average club mall stall. Or two less of the clothing items in my shop that people can buy.

That seems to be off $L11 per $1 U.S. from what it has been the past month. That is not the biggest jump I have seem. The price goes up and down depending on the market, though lately it has seemed to do a lot more going up. :smileysurprised:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Where have you been getting $L2600 for $10? I have not seen that good of a deal since last year.

The big giant green button at the top of my screen inworld.
:)

I have been buying though the Linden Exchange on my Dashboard. You mean I could have been getting a better price? I protest!

I also by in $10 increments when I buy lindens.

If you want to save money, get an annual premium account (with a $L 300/ week stipend), collect good freebies wherever possible, & either get a job in world or sell some Transferable, No Copy items.  It's possible to generate some income in-world & be careful of what you spend. Then you probably won't feel too guilty about spending a relatively small amount of money on a "game".

The Linden dollar has strengthened against the U.S. dollar.  It's basic economics at work.  If and when we see the current debt crisis resolved we should see the U.S. dollar strengthen against the Linden dollar but I am not holding my breathe on that.  LL could respond by either inflating or deflating the currency supply in order to maintain a stable market in SL (translate as make money with SL).

I always use the Limit Buy function and get a better rate than the market buy.  At a minimum I will get 5L more per U.S. dollar than with market buy.  Best I ever did was 12L over.  I have heard some people say they have done even better than that.  Just takes a little planning ahead and not waiting till I am out of Lindens before I place my bids because some times you have to wait a little bit for someone to offer to sell at that rate.

hope Antonelli wrote:

241..I wonder how far it will go?

This is a plus for Merchants and Landlords, especially some of the smaller Land Lords like mine who have been on the brink of quitting.

But as of a minute ago there were around 80,000,000L being sold at  248 on limit buy.  If you placed an order for 251 it would probably get filled pretty quick.

I better put a disclaimer here:  The opinions I offer are my own and your results may vary.  I am not a financial consultant and I suggest you consult an expert before taking my advice.  Also, I recieve no compensation for bumping my gums here.

I agree with Void, I do not understand at all what you people are seeing on this thread :matte-motes-crying:

One very confused cat here....

Lindex has top buy offer at 258, top sell offer at 248. What page are you guys looking at? Is it some sort of third party exchange?

oh you guys are looking at the "estimated exchange rate" on the instant buy page..... yeah that's lower because it includes the transaction fee that you get 0$L for.... so that rate will seem to change based on how much you buy at once.... the more you buy at once the closer to the actual trade value you will get.....

seriously... ignore that. The only thing it's telling you is that the 0.30$US surcharge for each transaction adds up if you buy lots of small amounts, instead of one larger amount.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.