Defeating an arsonist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a... ahem... friend who has created this annoying little firestorm and I am looking for a way to defeat it or make it backfire. It is a particle fire that seems to be placed in an invisible box. The box is no mod but is somehow scripted to follow certain avatars, in the case pictured bellow "Q." Once she rezzes this box it is stuck on you, without even accepting any objects, it just follows you. The only way to get rid of it is to TP out of the area so it gets sent back to her.

So here is my question: Is there anyway to make it so it will not get stuck on me or better yet that it will get stuck on her instead?

Firestorm.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, you do not think that your ...ahem...friend reads this forum?   I am not a scripter but the only thing that I can suggest is that you make your own firestorm in a box and attach it to her if she 'attacks' you.  Let her know that you have one first to give her the option of avoiding it. 

Typically avatars can move faster than any scripted object and the fire's ability to sense you will likely have a limited range.

So..... my suggestion?

:matte-motes-smitten: Run Away!

If you can get more than 40 meters away from the fire, it will probably become blind to your location & will not be able to relocate where your avatar is.

Unless the scripts inside are openly mod to all, there wouldn't be any way to trick the fire into attacking your friend instead, and even if this is openly mod, it would take a certain degree of coding skill to accomplish this trick :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

I will assist in the scripting if you so desire my services, but I must offer this caveat: M is much smarter than I.  Regardless of what I script, M will outscript me. You will be back on this forum asking how to "defeat a magician" as M can make you just...disappear.  

@ Storm thank you so much I can use all the help I can get against this arsonist, she is out of control. Are you sure I won't be putting the rest of your family in danger by accepting your help?

@ Willow awesome tool, awesome lynching I knew you would find a way. But what does deformed, deformed, deformed mean anyways?
@ Dee & Charolotte I will have to work on getting us some fried chicken for our next luncheon.

ETA: Why the 2 above posts are now missing I don't know.

@ Chronometria okay I will try but I am not very good at building yet. But I know how to use ducktape!

ConeHead_001.jpg

Yikes! I've been snipped .. :)) Fair enough, the old pic was kinda offensive to some.

Deformer is another tool used a lot by RP players especially those who plays medieval fantasy. It basically turns your physical avatar into something awful like elongated neck, big head, twisted knees .. you get the idea. There are HUDs for this and I believe the best ones I've seen was created by this guy who also created plenty of Club/Party HUDs. I have forgotten his name. However unless it is the force deformer kind, you can't really deformed the avatar at will.

There is another HUD or rather Security Orb that will gore and detached the limbs of any potential attackers that comes within the parameter. It comes with complete blood particles and screaming sound too. This is only used by sim owner and not something you could carry around unless they had invented a HUD for it.

But caging is still nice... I know a friend who has a friend who used to 'fly around in a sandbox 'scooping' female avatars using the cage script and had them bounce around inside the cage while he flew his vehicle all around the sandbox. He's my idol for the ultimate prankestine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.