New and confused how to dress my avatar

FatherJezu

Hello, I need to find some free items (a pair of classic boxer (underwear) and some free kimonos (male)

I have an avatar that I think I got the free body skin legacy , free, but I don't have idea or I need help to find these items above. 
I also don' t understand how to find a pair of long male hair (with many differnt colors) 

and how to wear all these things in  a way that , like for the sims, I can see on myself, for example enlarge eyes, change colors, change lip shapes...

please can you help to find free items as I said for my free legacy body? 
Thank you !

Second Life is very different from The Sims. I'm not very familiar with the free Legacy body, so hopefully someone else comes along who can help. You might want to search YouTube for tutorials on Second Life and setting up an avatar. 

I also found some free demo hair, but the problem is that I don't remember where I got the demo hair, and I need to purchase it after tried and i like it, but I dont see option to purchase an item that is a demo...

There are not as many free things available for male avatars as there are for female avatars in SL, but one place you can find some is the SL Marketplace, on the SL website. You can sort from lowest priced, but that brings up all the demo stuff. If you search for the item, with "NOT Demo" added, this filters out some demo items. The body you have should fit clothing for the TMP male body, so search for "TMP Male", "TMP shorts" and "kimono", filtered for male clothing. If you hide most of you mesh body, most mesh kimonos will work ok.

Inworld, the best place to find good free stuff is group gifts from stores and anniversary gifts at sale events. Joining groups for male avatar items and going to shopping events for male avatars will show you which stores have things you like. I suggest the L'Homme Magazine group for the best male clothing. Tmhe Man Cave event is good for gifts.

The free male body you got will fit some old mesh clothing made for the TMP male body. The free section at Gabriel has some, but I don't think they have underwear. Gabriel has some cool non-traditional kimonos in their main section, but they're not free. You might find free ones at Japanese roleplay or oisan sims.

If you can spend a little money, I suggest buying $ 10 worth of linden dollars, then get a $L 1 male mesh body & a pack of $L 1 male skins from DNA Brax!. These bodies have the heads as part of the body, don't use a HUD, and fit Signature Gianni mesh clothing pretty well, and there is more free clothing available for Gianni than there is for the free Legacy body. You might need to use alpha layers to hide parts of your body sometimes. 

I recommend Not.Found for their large selection of free group gift hair. The group costs $L 50 to join. I can't recall the male hair stores, but there are some with good free group gifts. Try hair stores that specialize in anime style hair too.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FatherJezu said:

I also found some free demo hair, but the problem is that I don't remember where I got the demo hair, and I need to purchase it after tried and i like it, but I dont see option to purchase an item that is a demo...

If your demos don't have a Landmark in the folder, right click on the item in your inventory and see who made it. 9 times out of 10 this will be the store owner, and when you right click on their name to bring up their profile, they'll have a link in it to their store.

• Like 1

Keep in mind, too, that you have the free Legacy CLASSIC body and not the newer Legacy body.  The clothing that fits one will not necessarily fit the other.  So, when looking for free things to wear, the should say Legacy CLASSIC and not just Legacy.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

when looking for free things to wear, the should say Legacy CLASSIC and not just Legacy.

@FatherJezu Also look out for items labelled TMP it's basically the predecessor to the free Lagacy body, at one point when Lagacy free first came out was said to be over 90% compatible with TMP

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 1:13 PM, FatherJezu said:

Hello, I need to find some free items (a pair of classic boxer (underwear) and some free kimonos (male)

I have an avatar that I think I got the free body skin legacy , free, but I don't have idea or I need help to find these items above. 
I also don' t understand how to find a pair of long male hair (with many differnt colors) 

and how to wear all these things in  a way that , like for the sims, I can see on myself, for example enlarge eyes, change colors, change lip shapes...

please can you help to find free items as I said for my free legacy body? 
Thank you !

Here you go for boxer, and they are made specifically for Legacy classic: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Da-Vinci-Big-boy-Boxer-Briefs-Fat-Pack/24594255

If you think these has a too big built-in bulge, you can go for those with BOM in the name. They are "painted on", but underwear is skin tight, so it doesn't matter? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Ciao-Amore-Boxers-The-Basics/9171459 The best is that they are not visible under clothes, like the mesh boxers.

The last ones are 1L, and here is where men has a problem, the amount of free stuff for men that is actually free and not 1L, 5L, 10L, is very low for men. Even if they are named "gift".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specific things like a kimono, is hard to find because most people who give out gifts makes a tshirt or another basic garment, and nothing else. I found one kimono, and that might not be the best fit, since it is for old sizes XL - L - M - S - XS. You wear the one that fits your body best, but must use the alpha mask. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CT-Kimono-Men-black-silk-flip-flop-GIFT-5-sizes/16071579?page=2

This is all and it is not the traditional kimono... probably not what you want, but using the one in black might work?

The flipflops might not fit but these will: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DUFAUX-GIFT-flip-flops-group-gift-updated/6900414

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can spend as little as 5,5 dollars and buy 1000L, you can get many more cheap 1L items.

Try demos before you spend money!!! Or else you may find yourself out of lindens and with a bunch of crap. Buying stuff under 10L can you gamble on, but I would be very sceptical to things that cost more than that, if I can't demo it.

A 1L kimono is difficult to find, but it is some that are under 100L and look decent. You will have to use one of the 5 sizes with the alpha mask. Buy the demo and test it with your body. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TotD-Yukata-men-Kimono-DEMO/18317696

Use the Marketplace, type kimono NOT demo NOT demos, filter on apparel - male and sort from low price.

I recommend no.match for long male hair, and the group join is 50L. This slurl will probably take you to the middle of the store, the group hairs is in a room, if you fly up it looks like this:

nomatch_004.thumb.png.cd1e38b0677835aef86b050dbd5a0b7f.png

• Like 1