Pride Month In SL -- A Bad Experience

22 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
25 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

Yes, the woman clutching her pearls equated "gay" with describing what they do in bed - those were her ridiculous words. Luna didn't indicate she did anything except introduce the artist.

The way it was described was that the woman would be clutching her pearls at any description of sex, not just the gay kind.

and your point?

26 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

She mentioned that their sexual interaction was done "via speaking about what they do in bed."

I think you're misreading what Luna said. My understanding is that she did no such thing, but that the person who objected was arguing that "what people do in bed" (i.e., "be gay," as though that was all that defined one's sexual orientation) icks her out.

I highly doubt Luna was providing a blow-by-blow of someone's imagined sexual escapades.

30 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

@Scylla Rhiadra, I'm lodging a complaint with you that you failed to give us a run down on the presented artists last night with lurid details about how they do their slex!

If any of the exhibitors wants to send me a notecard with such details, I'll happily post it next to their pic! (But blanking out the non-G rated language, of course.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have a Mantra class in SL where we sing songs of love each week, usually based on yoga/Eastern philosophies, but sometimes I find songs to bolster certain groups of people who are disadvantaged when we're having a celebration marking their existence (for example...Juneteenth, Pride month, Martin Luther King birthday). One week I featured Yogi's who were African-American for Junteenth, and for Pride month I featured songs by those in the LGBTQ+ community.

So for Pride in June, as I was introducing a song, I simply said this was a song by a Japanese gay woman, and one of the attendees said she and her husband found it disgusting that gay artists were introduced in that way via speaking about what they do in bed. She went on to say, however, that she found sex in general icky.

I tried to explain that I haven't seen a lot of videos on YouTube about Japanese gay women, and that they are not represented well in society, and so I wanted to give a shout out to them. That in the month of June maybe this woman could be recognized for who she is, with pride. That I was basically just giving a bit of love her way.

It just really floors me that people don't understand what Pride month is about and why it's needed.  Many don't have any notion of the disadvantage this minority still encounters and think it's totally about sex, even in SL.

Expand  

Sounds like a positive experience to me.  Disrupt the comfortable, comfort the disrupted and all that.  IDK, I don't meditate, but I think it's generally good to annoy homophobes by treating gay people like human beings.

You should dedicate next week's mantra to those who have suffered serfdom, and/or slavery, under the dali lama.  Everybody deserves compassion, right?

Haha...well I kind of did a week ago when I led Kirtan...I had mostlyTibetan Buddhist songs, and even mentioned a few Dalai Lama quotes.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

From what I experienced, on Twitter, which seems to be the case for other platforms and inside of second life is that there are a lot of LGTBQ that are activists that dislike Asian people, the way they look, the way they dress, how they talk, how they act ect even if they are apart of the LGTBQ. There are so many who call a Japanese woman "pedobait" or "pedo-enablers" slandering them and anyone who like them or anyone inside of their culture. They attack games from the East, example is Stellar Blade, because the model looks good and people love it, many activists were upset, claiming she was a little girl "btw, they used a real model and scanned her body to create the female lead, she's 36 years old."

There has been an increase of defamation and attacks towards Asian people, for some strange reason when they have done nothing, it is sad that it found its way to Second Life.

I didn't think it would be this bad in second life, however it has shown up. 

Also, this isn't Japanese, this is Korean.

There are a few bad people in the LGTBQ community that make the community look bad, like this. You shouldn't waste your energy on people who can't and won't be happy for something.

I haven't experienced such prejudice against Asian people by those in the LGTBQ+ community. I'm sure there are a few -- nobody said they're angels.

For you to paint a community with such a wide brush is not right. I advise staying off X/Twitter.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I haven't experienced such prejudice against Asian people by those in the LGTBQ+ community. I'm sure there are a few -- nobody said they're angels.

For you to paint a community with such a wide brush is not right. I advise staying off X/Twitter.

I said some, not the entire community.

2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I said some, not the entire community.

Who were you referring to in your last paragraph?

"There are a few bad people in the LGTBQ community that make the community look bad, like this. You shouldn't waste your energy on people who can't and won't be happy for something."

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Who were you referring to in your last paragraph?

"There are a few bad people in the LGTBQ community that make the community look bad, like this. You shouldn't waste your energy on people who can't and won't be happy for something."

I am referring to people that you cannot please. They saw you play a Korean song, that wasn't doing or hurting anything and yet they were upset about it. I'm telling you you can't please everyone and that they will never be happy no matter how much you try. There are LGTBQ that are normal people and then there are the few, small group who are just negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
58 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

@Scylla Rhiadra, I'm lodging a complaint with you that you failed to give us a run down on the presented artists last night with lurid details about how they do their slex!

If any of the exhibitors wants to send me a notecard with such details, I'll happily post it next to their pic! (But blanking out the non-G rated language, of course.)

I hope you DID take pictures though, although it would be like paparazzi taking photos at a private party. 

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I hope you DID take pictures though, although it would be like paparazzi taking photos at a private party. 

I didn't sadly, largely because my computer was having fits. (I crashed at one point!)

It's too bad, because I'd have loved to document the event. Fortunately, a few people did take some shots!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

From what I experienced, on Twitter, which seems to be the case for other platforms and inside of second life is that there are a lot of LGTBQ that are activists that dislike Asian people, the way they look, the way they dress, how they talk, how they act ect even if they are apart of the LGTBQ. There are so many who call a Japanese woman "pedobait" or "pedo-enablers" slandering them and anyone who like them or anyone inside of their culture. They attack games from the East, example is Stellar Blade, because the model looks good and people love it, many activists were upset, claiming she was a little girl "btw, they used a real model and scanned her body to create the female lead, she's 36 years old."

There has been an increase of defamation and attacks towards Asian people, for some strange reason when they have done nothing, it is sad that it found its way to Second Life.

I didn't think it would be this bad in second life, however it has shown up. 

Also, this isn't Japanese, this is Korean.

There are a few bad people in the LGTBQ community that make the community look bad, like this. You shouldn't waste your energy on people who can't and won't be happy for something.

Yeah those activists seem to have invaded SL and many other platforms. Which is sad, but then again the same can be said for the other side. The people who lose their absolute marbles over what the classify as ugly characters. I see that a lot, with the mesh avatar snobs. But yeah I would not let a few bad apples ruin your whole pride. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I am referring to people that you cannot please. They saw you play a Korean song, that wasn't doing or hurting anything and yet they were upset about it. I'm telling you you can't please everyone and that they will never be happy no matter how much you try. There are LGTBQ that are normal people and then there are the few, small group who are just negative.

We call those the terminally online or twitter freaks. But yeah we can call activists on both side of the political spectrum that. Lol. But yeah every group or community, always has a few bad apples. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

We call those the terminally online or twitter freaks. But yeah we can call activists on both side of the political spectrum that. Lol. But yeah every group or community, always has a few bad apples. 

Thank you for understanding what I was saying.

Also, some people don't understand that Second life is a Multimedia platform with social media aspects that focus on creator content, that's why you can compare it with traditional social media. 

Edited by Starberry Passion
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

They attack games from the East, example is Stellar Blade, because the model looks good and people love it, many activists were upset, claiming she was a little girl "btw, they used a real model and scanned her body to create the female lead, she's 36 years old."

In fact, the main attacks on Stellar Blade were bogus claims that:

The game character was a fictional body type (not true, 3D scanned from a Korean Model)

The game character was "obviously" made by a mad (not true, it was designed by the lead devs WIFE)

That ANYONE who liked the characters appearance "needed to have their hard drive checked by the police"

That the word "hard" as graffiti on a wall in a game location near a sign with an "R" on it, was "blatantly racist"

That gaming needed to be "purged" of gamers who were white, or male, or over 25

Most of this came from "games journalists" at Kotaku, and IGN France. Forbes got in on the act when gamers organised a boycott because Forbes doesn't like customers telling companies they are wrong to ignore customers.

This was nothing to do with discriminating against "Games from the East" or SE Asians in general, and everything to do with "Politically Correct Woke-ist DEI" fake virtue signalling pseudo-intellectuals, with liberal arts degrees in journalism, deciding to p*ss down the backs of gamers, because every single "fake virtue signalling" game that's been released has had awful reception.

Several games dev companies, WESTERN ones, have closed due to their games being rejected by gamers for fake virtue signalling.

If it was what you claimed, they would have complained about the previous game from the same dev company, which is anime girls wiggling their arses.

The hate in the current DEII-Scandal is all directed at Westerners, specifically white males over 25.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

It is weird how some people hear the word gay, and start thinking about sex automatically

On the contrary, I think it's very strange to think of anything but sex/sexual orientation when presented with the word Gay.

Love is a very broad term. I Love my grandma, my brothers, my sisters, my country. My neighbors, blablabla.

What then differentiates someone who is Gay from someone who just Loves a person for whatever reason? Nothing. Except the fact they have sex/are sexually attracted to a person of the same sex.

• Confused 2

Just now, Extrude Ragu said:

On the contrary, I think it's very strange to think of anything but sex/sexual orientation when presented with the word Gay.

Love is a very broad term. I Love my grandma, my brothers, my sisters, my country. My neighbors, blablabla.

What then differentiates someone who is Gay from someone who just Loves a person for whatever reason? Nothing. Except the fact they have sex/are sexually attracted to a person of the same sex.

Yeah, but you really can't be gay for your brother. Lol. Gay has everything to do with attraction, I don't know why these people instantly went to sex, I find it kinda weird. Then went on a tirade about finding sex icky, if they did. They would not have brought that up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yeah, but you really can't be gay for your brother. Lol. Gay has everything to do with attraction, I don't know why these people instantly went to sex, I find it kinda weird. Then went on a tirade about finding sex icky, if they did. They would not have brought that up. 

I'm Omnisexual, basically pansexual don't want to get into the differences, and it doesn't mean I want sex with everyone, just means I am willing and or potential will fall in love with anyone who identify as a certain gender/sex, as long as I have an attraction to them in general. I have to be comfortable with them and get to know them and there has to be a connection, for me to want to have a sexual relation with them, even in second life.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:
2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

It is weird how some people hear the word gay, and start thinking about sex automatically

Anything BUT??  Do you think all gay people do is hump around 24/7?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I'm Omnisexual, basically pansexual don't want to get into the differences, and it doesn't mean I want sex with everyone, just means I am willing and or potential will fall in love with anyone who identify as a certain gender/sex, as long as I have an attraction to them in general. I have to be comfortable with them and get to know them and there has to be a connection, for me to want to have a sexual relation with them, even in second life.

I don't do the Slex, I mean I like to cuddle and snuggle. But I honestly can care less what people do in the privacy of their own home or at a club that allows it in SL. RL is a different story though. But yeah I have to have a connection too, just to Schtup them IRL. 

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Anything BUT??  Do you think all gay people do is hump around 24/7?

I don't think they meant that. I think they were saying "When i here the word gay, I think about who they have sex with and what they are attracted to, in general.

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

lezbean.png

My problem with the whole Pride/Rainbow thing is that as an L, I'm pretty certain I won't like whatever colour of the Rainbow I'm supposed to be.

I'm certainly not wearing all of them, as a Goth I don't even officially recognise some of them as VALID colours, Like black, Blood, Snow, and Dark Purple.

• Haha 2