Akeruka Anniversary Gifts 2024

5 minutes ago, Modulated said:

How can you possibly know the creator's ethnicity of anything? This is such a reach and I am bowing out of the thread now before the b.s. gets too deep.

A poorly made black skin is sometimes a Caucasian one with a grey or brown tint added to it. It doesn't show realistic highlights, so that creator doesn't sell many of those skins. Because they don't sell many darker skins, they then make fewer of them. White skin creators tend to make alot of lighter skins, but not many darker skins. Black skin makers make mostly darker skins, in many different tones. 

One can get an idea of the ethnicity of a creator from the ethnicity of their models too. It's not a guarantee, but most creators of skin, hair and clothing want to make stuff that they would like to use themself.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Just a warning.. Make sure you cam right up to the vendors to pay the 1L for the head..

There was a bunch of vendor hoarders right up on the vendors the last couple of times I was there.. I almost paid one of them  rather than the vendor, because they didn't rez right away..

I mean they are blocking the vendors..

That's so inconsiderate to others  in the store..

People do that all the time, it's so annoying..I mean why stand RIGHT in front?And then they stand there forever.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

With messing with the sliders, The Soo-Jin is pretty hard to work with.. I'm getting clipping in the outer corner of the whites of eyes, if the settings that impact that area aren't set within it's bounds.. The eye depth really impacts  that area a lot as well as the head stretch and shape.

Rule with Akeruka heads: eye depth between 25 & 35 and juggle with the puffy slider of the eyes.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Rule with Akeruka heads: eye depth between 25 & 35 and juggle with the puffy slider of the eyes.

Ya, I'm getting clipping from the eye socket having the depth set that low.

I'm just gonna have to zero it in more and mess with everything that impacts that area.. It's really not anything with the head, more than it is with what I'm wanting to achieve with it..

I'll find the comfy play zone at some point.. it  just may not be today, since I'm running short on time..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, graceblakeley said:

Show Friends Only 

16 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Oh, what do you mean by that...

If you 'Show Friends Only' then everyone there (except friends) disappears and cannot be clicked on. Improved experience in heavy traffic places.

I just joined Akeruka and got the L$1 linden heads. She's lovely.

• Like 3

My wife's trying out the Soo-Jin head; it looks surprisingly OK with the shape we made for Billie without any changes. A few tweaks and it will be really good. It's a nice head.

(Wish she would give me my PC back so I can play with mine 🙄 😘)

Snapshot_2801a.thumb.png.53242b49af7615235631fa8be9002a9c.png

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I want to check out the gift head now.... the only problem is I don't really have any general clothing and AK head is on a general sim.

....and child avatars shop there so I'm S.o.L...

Avatar eraser? General clothing? Don't you have a t-shirt and shorts?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

the high majority of my clothing is really skimpy and adult. Like I don't go to G sims most of the time. I am usually on adult sims so I never pick up general clothing. and usually just wait until late to shop, when majority of people are offline. Pop in and out and done. Didn't find a purpose for General clothing since I'm always on A sims.

• Haha 1

Some store probably has free clothes as a group gift that'd work fine for General regions. I can't think of any off the top of my head that are free to join, though. Scandalize's Frees & News maybe? I don't even remember.

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Some store probably has free clothes as a group gift that'd work fine for General regions. I can't think of any off the top of my head that are free to join, though. Scandalize's Frees & News maybe? I don't even remember.

Oh nice, I'll check that out then.

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

Oh nice, I'll check that out then.

I'll see if I can find a free group join. Otherwise, check the Marketplace if you don't mind paying 1L for a dress. Lots of gift clothes on there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

The library is FULL of stuff.  The little robot avatar is perfect for General.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Thanks. ❤️

Coco and Cynful have free join groups. What bodies they serve, I do not know.

You might be better off joining Blueberry or Addams or Scandalize and raiding their freebies. I forget what they cost to join. 25-30L or something.

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Coco and Cynful have free join groups. What bodies they serve, I do not know.

You might be better off joining Blueberry or Addams or Scandalize and raiding their freebies. I forget what they cost to join. 25-30L or something.

Blueberry is closing her shop, I'm surprised they are doing freebies still then. The inworld store and mp will remain open for a while but they're not making anything anymore.

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Blueberry is closing her shop, I'm surprised they are doing freebies still then. The inworld store and mp will remain open for a while but they're not making anything anymore.

Yeah, I just went there before posting. The group gift wall is still up and the stuff is really nice. Worth a grab before it all goes. 

Scandalize had, last I checked, dozens (felt like hundreds, though, with all that unpacking) of free outfits for their group fee (what is it, 30-35L or something I forget now). Addams has a lot less, so maybe not as worth.

Most stores also get lazy and keep their weekend sale stuff up for a few days, so grabbing something from FLF or Happy Weekend is another option.

Cheapest option of all - wear a full body alpha layer or toss on a Senra or something. Takes a few seconds to grab the free stuff at AK.

20 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeah, I just went there before posting. The group gift wall is still up and the stuff is really nice. Worth a grab before it all goes. 

Scandalize had, last I checked, dozens (felt like hundreds, though, with all that unpacking) of free outfits for their group fee (what is it, 30-35L or something I forget now). Addams has a lot less, so maybe not as worth.

Most stores also get lazy and keep their weekend sale stuff up for a few days, so grabbing something from FLF or Happy Weekend is another option.

Cheapest option of all - wear a full body alpha layer or toss on a Senra or something. Takes a few seconds to grab the free stuff at AK.

I hope, with the changes, it makes some people inclined to become creators, to show more life. I have been learning blender but feel like I shouldn't put stuff up, just yet. I want to learn how to make coats and stuff and other things, especially for Legacy and Reborn. I want to make stuff for slim/petite, mainly, since most stores focus on Curvy girl energy.]

Also, got the group gift head. It looks nice, can't wait to shape it and blog about it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I hope, with the changes, it makes some people inclined to become creators, to show more life. I have been learning blender but feel like I shouldn't put stuff up, just yet. I want to learn how to make coats and stuff and other things, especially for Legacy and Reborn. I want to make stuff for slim/petite, mainly, since most stores focus on Curvy girl energy.]

Also, got the group gift head. It looks nice, can't wait to shape it and blog about it.

I wear a lot of slim/petite stuff. Not too many of the stores I shop in cater to the curvier aesthetic. Most of my favorites have been designing for a long time before those bodies hit the market and haven't changed much on that front.

There's a ton of fashion variety these days, thankfully. 

I still need to grab those free heads. Totally forgot to while I was in-world. *facepalm*

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I wear a lot of slim/petite stuff. Not too many of the stores I shop in cater to the curvier aesthetic. Most of my favorites have been designing for a long time before those bodies hit the market and haven't changed much on that front.

There's a ton of fashion variety these days, thankfully. 

I still need to grab those free heads. Totally forgot to while I was in-world. *facepalm*

I like the head, on the poster, but I see that I'll have to make a whole redesign of the head, as a whole. It definitely does not fight any previous shapes I've ever made. lol

• Like 1