Content creators for Child bodies.

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:

LL have said in the child FAQ that it is acceptable for child avatars to wear swimsuits so long as they are rated G, appropirate and do not excentuate genatalia etc. I'm not familiar with clothing for AVI(L) but if the swimsuits break any of those rules then no, I don't think they should be on MP.  Like I said though, I've not actually seen them to pass judgement. 

The problem is that there are people roleplaying teens and I think some of the creators are listing very revealing swimsuits intended for 18 year old roleplayers in the child category. But they should not be in that category.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's only been 7 working days since the new rules went into effect.  They may have tried to contact the seller of those items to try and educate them on the new rules.  They may also have had a deluge of reports they're trying to wade through.

As far as the MP goes, you could try flagging something for incorrect maturity rating?  At least it will get looked at.  Another option could be pulling up the MP listing in the viewer and make the report with the listing in the screenshot.

I'm also pretty sure the creator of AVI(L) is no longer even in SL anymore. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sadvhi said:

The problem is that there are people roleplaying teens and I think some of the creators are listing very revealing swimsuits intended for 18 year old roleplayers in the child category. But they should not be in that category.

Oh I agree. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sadvhi said:

Maybe clothing creators should start stating on their MP ads "For Adult Avatars", "For Child Avatars", and "For Minor Teen Avatars", just to be safe?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Oh I agree. 

I think it's probably a bad marketing decision in addition to being inappropriate. Surely the slice of the market that will click "Women's Clothing" in their search for swimsuits is bigger.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Maybe clothing creators should start stating on their MP ads "For Adult Avatars", "For Child Avatars", and "For Minor Teen Avatars", just to be safe?

Anything made for child/teen specific bodies such as Tweenster and to some extent, Rebirth Eve, should only BE general content.  That strippable bikini for Rebirth really bothers me when I know that can fit a child as well as an adult.  It says the bra can't be stripped on the flat but nothing about the bottom.  😕

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Anything made for child/teen specific bodies such as Tweenster and to some extent, Rebirth Eve, should only BE general content.  

I agree. In my own experience most of the content for Tweenster is pretty decent in that regard although I don't know much about Rebirth, only that it's a hybrid body that can be used for both child and adult avatars.

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

That strippable bikini for Rebirth really bothers me when I know that can fit a child as well as an adult.  It says the bra can't be stripped on the flat but nothing about the bottom.  😕

Yeah the word strip denotes something quite sinister indeed.

In contrast, there are childcare HUDs aimed at child avatars to have outfit options which can be accsessed by trusted people such as parents. For example, my SL mom has access to my CTS wardrobe and can pick out my outfits like how a mom in RL might pick out their kids clothing at the start of the day. She can also attach things like my favourite teddies or my blankies if I'm feeling sleepy etc.  

• Like 4

I'm not flagging items as Adult because though they are very revealing, they don't show the nipples or pubic area so they are allowed under General category. What I've been doing is "Item Not As Advertised" > "Incorrect Listing Category" because they should not be listed under Children's Apparel and anyone reviewing the listing should realize that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Anything made for child/teen specific bodies such as Tweenster and to some extent, Rebirth Eve, should only BE general content.  That strippable bikini for Rebirth really bothers me when I know that can fit a child as well as an adult.  It says the bra can't be stripped on the flat but nothing about the bottom.  😕

There are skins made for Tweenster that show genitalia. Some have already been removed. I reported a couple that are still on MP. I didn't report some that have both a version with genitalia and one without, because I'd like to give the creator a chance to remove the NSFW version themself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

In contrast, there are childcare HUDs aimed at child avatars to have outfit options which can be accsessed by trusted people such as parents. For example, my SL mom has access to my CTS wardrobe and can pick out my outfits like how a mom in RL might pick out their kids clothing at the start of the day. She can also attach things like my favourite teddies or my blankies if I'm feeling sleepy etc.  

Just keep your jammies on, and you should be fine!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just keep your jammies on, and you should be fine!!

When my son was little, on those cold winter days if we had nothing to do, we had pajama days.  I miss that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There are skins made for Tweenster that show genitalia. Some have already been removed. I reported a couple that are still on MP. I didn't report some that have both a version with genitalia and one without, because I'd like to give the creator a chance to remove the NSFW version themself. 

That's disturbing, glad I never came across those! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Well, they do that because it's one single item. The way the bodies are made, the same undies (or pants, or skirts) fit all of the Rebirth variations. So there won't be a separate one for the flat (usually child) size. It's kind of like Maitreya and Maitreya Petite fitting the same bottoms.

But I would hope they have a non-strippable version in there anyway. Like if you get an outfit from Vanilla Bae (who doesn't make anything for children), it comes with a PG version too that's not scripted to strip.

Edited to add: I think I found the item, and yeah, there doesn't appear to be a no-strip option for the bottoms, which isn't good. (I did find one other strippable bikini that includes Rebirth, but it does not have Flat at all, and there's also a no strip version for sale.)

Edited by Psyche Starling
  • Like 1

• Moles
On 5/13/2024 at 9:10 PM, Miyoko01 said:

Does anyone know what is the correct category to use when you do a 'flag this item' in the MP?

I will try to find out, and post the results here.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

Great minds - I was just looking to report one of the items I saw but couldn't figure out which report option to use to flag it as inappropriate for child avatars. Literally itty bitty undies and lace lingerie advertised on children - ick!

Likewise, it's very weird that now-banned shops are still showing up in search. Even if you can't buy the items, it's icky that their very sexual clothing and obvious number flags are still visible there.

• Like 5

• Moles
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 9:10 PM, Miyoko01 said:

Thank you - this is what I was looking for. But when I'm in the MP, the reasons I can choose to flag an item, don't give me an option I think I could use to flag for this? Does anyone know what is the correct category to use when you do a 'flag this item' in the MP?

I've checked this with Governance and am told that, for the marketplace, you should not try to overthink it, but use the category that you think fits the best because the Governance team will review the listing for any violations, however you've flagged it.   That having been said, this kind of material is often flagged as  "Disallowed Listing Practices>Harmful or Disruptive Content"

image.png.25b3147249bc7236168810903b1217f5.png

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Thanks 13

13 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I've checked this with Governance and am told that, for the marketplace, you should not try to overthink it, but use the category that you think fits the best because the Governance team will review the listing for any violations, however you've flagged it.   That having been said, this kind of material is often flagged as  "Disallowed Listing Practices>Harmful or Disruptive Content"

image.png.25b3147249bc7236168810903b1217f5.png

Thanks. That's how I was initially flagging this kind of stuff. Then I flagged a couple of transparent dresses for not being listed as Adult, even though items made for Tweensters shouldn't be Adult anyway.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Enforcement of the new rules does not start until June 30th. Why AR designers so early, and then expect them to remove/change their child items 1 1/2 months before the deadline?

And why is this new AR game so compelling to some?  Not much of a hobby to me.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

19 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Enforcement of the new rules does not start until June 30th. Why AR designers so early, and then expect them to remove/change their child items 1 1/2 months before the deadline?

And why is this new AR game so compelling to some?  Not much a a hobby to me.

That's not true. The only part of TOS that isn't immediately enforceable from May 2nd is the modesty layers which come into effect on June 30th. Everything else is already live. 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

The only part of TOS that isn't immediately enforceable from May 2nd is the modesty layers which come into effect on June 30th. Everything else is already live. 

Where does it state that all these rules will be enforced immediately without any warning time?  There is never a case of instant rule changes with no warnings.  Even SL, that has no court system, and no requirements to act like a civil government at all, should provide designers and others caught by surprise some time to change.

Does Governance really welcome all the Karens going around looking for AR violations on the MP and Adult regions?  So now we have a vigilantly SL resident police force?  I'm sure that will improve the SL reputation.  Join SL and get your deputy badge the first day.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Where does it state that all these rules will be enforced immediately without any warning time.  There is never a case of instant rule changes with no warnings.  Even SL, that has no court system, and no requirements to act like a civil government at all, should provide designers and others caught by surprise some time to change.

Does Governance really welcome all the Karens going around looking for AR violations on the MP and Adult regions?  So now we have a vigilantly SL resident police force?  I'm sure that will improve the SL reputation.  Join SL and get your deputy badge the first day.

Whether LL chooses to enforce the rules or not is up to them, but they do have the option to enforce them now.