Lindens Statements from Governance Meeting

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

in business it mostly means "till there's enough content available thats in line with the new rules"

It's upon creators to start that a.s.a.p .. or it might lead to a rewriting of parts of the TOS and be less flexible.

I think it will mean two years.    

In that time enough content will come along that people will start to choose it over the old content.  In that time new content on the marketplace will start to support the new rules and, as usual, the content creators will do better at interpreting the new rules that what we have seen so far.  In the mean time alphas and bom layers will be accepted as a solution.  As long as child av are not roaming the grid naked LL will quietly look away. 

Eventually enough content will come online that fits both the rules and the style.  As it has been most people will switch to the new content because it's in style or better than the old.  At this point this entire issue will become a non-issue. 

or

LL will crack down, and more people will leave.

Social change can never be brought about over night by the stroke of a pen.  It takes time.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I know of at least 3 Prim pro users that have close their accounts, $750 a year lost.  I don't know how many of them owned sim but I know where content creators.  At least 15 lesser accounts closed, some paying, probably not. 

but as you say it, you heared it.
It's still not shocking, memberships been floating around from begin of times. For simular reasons, but around, there could be 200 new accounts because people come back as dedicated kid or adult.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and still... éverybody that gets or been online past days accepted the new changes ... i didn't see any button that said "perhaps, i'm still thinking" 

There is a 250 mega thread out there that says, 'we are still thinking.'   That accept button doesn't me we have to accept it forever, or even another day.   The highway option is still there and that option has never ended well for a business.

💖Be Well💖

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

That accept button doesn't me we have to accept it forever, or even another day.   

there is only NOW, and as you are active, you accepted the rules .. keep kicking, but you'r held to comply if you keep using the software.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

but as you say it, you heared it.
It's still not shocking, memberships been floating around from begin of times. For simular reasons, but around, there could be 200 new accounts because people come back as dedicated kid or adult.

Maybe, maybe not.   A business can't count on 200 new accounts magically appearing because of some policy changes.  It may happen but mostly likely it won't.  If people are leaving a business and leaving bad reviews and bad word of mouth.  New business seldom comes along if these "reviews" get to many.  

• Like 1

Just now, Madi Melodious said:

Maybe, maybe not.   A business can't count on 200 new accounts magically appearing because of some policy changes.  It may happen but mostly likely it won't.  If people are leaving a business and leaving bad reviews and bad word of mouth.  New business seldom comes along if these "reviews" get to many.  

a company also can't count on maybe, maybe not.
Continuing could be, can, if, are all things that are in future, and extremely uncertain.

in short; Resistance is Futile, you will adapt, if not, the ones leaving will be only a note somewhere in the archives

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

come on... you can do it, go ahead instead of keep yelling at the side of the playfield.

I'm not particularly bothered by it either way. I have my backup world. I do dislike people being banned and barred from this platform that was fine being the way it is for 20 years and then suddenly the banhammer starts silently dropping on a segment of the population because of the apparent angst of an even smaller minority.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
4 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Not if you do all your important chatting on Discord. I won't define "important".

...and Skype.

The gummint don't record sexytimes on Discord and Skype?

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Boilerplate contract. I believe they are frowned on but yes best to wait until there might be a class action thing.

There isn't going to be a "class action thing". Nobody is going to court to fight for their right to have a child avatar that can be made naked.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Option 1: "I am afraid I will get AR'd and lose all my stuff."

Option 2: "I am mad so I am going to leave and lose all my stuff."

Must be hard, only having those 2 options.

Some people see it that way.  It is what it is.  I don't think the Lab is so incompetent to let this issue get so out of hand that it endangers their business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No, you're not really getting it. People can leave and just park their avatar until things get reasonable again. And they will. Meantime they could go elsewhere till that time arrives but the question is why should they have to so you can feel easy?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nah there's three obviously - as evidenced by quite a few in this thread.

Option 3:
"I'm pretty lazy both in thought and deed, the idea of actually "doing" anything is a bit...yuck.

So I'll get my head down on this comfy pillow and hopefully when I wake up it'll all be a bad dream and things will be like they were back in the good old days."

Edited by JacksonBollock
plural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

a company also can't count on maybe, maybe not.
Continuing could be, can, if, are all things that are in future, and extremely uncertain.

in short; Resistance is Futile, you will adapt, if not, the ones leaving will be only a note somewhere in the archives

I bet you don't' run a business in RL.   You can't survive as a business and constantly alienate your customers.  

• Like 4

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

No, you're not really getting it. People can leave and just park their avatar until things get reasonable again. And they will. Meantime they could go elsewhere till that time arrives but the question is why should they have to so you can feel easy?

You're right! Sorry, I did not see you list that option, or say that was an option you planned to follow.

To be fair, a LOT of people say "I'm going to quit because I hate the new rules", etc.  Sure, not so many in the last threads. But once in awhile you see one. I usually assume it is an empty threat.  Like a "flounce".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

There isn't going to be a "class action thing". Nobody is going to court to fight for their right to have a child avatar that can be made naked.

No, probably not but then again there are some highly motivated and angry individuals involved and as we heard in the meeting yesterday, it now involves Furries too. The included minorities is growing bigger and bigger.

• Like 1

Personally, I LIKE the new "Woke" version of Second Life.

Now I feel safer from evil children, AND if I want to be an "innocent" child, I will be safer from evil adults!

YAY!

It's figuring out all the crap in-between that is hard.

We are in a "Liminal" period.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

I would like to be in the court when that hit the docket.   The bailiff reads "the naked kid society vs Linden Labs."   The judge goes, "what?"  

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

suddenly the banhammer starts silently dropping on a segment of the population because of the apparent angst of an even smaller minority.

this isn't suddenly, and there is no new banhammer, except the clothing/body requirements all is nearly totally the same as before. With a little addition of limit access to adult regions, where they from nature of their play already often weren't very welcome.

did something change, yes

are they still welcome, yes

are they actively hunted , no, if they comply there's nothing to hunt as start.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I bet you don't' run a business in RL.   You can't survive as a business and constantly alienate your customers.  

please at least try to read what you write : constantly... where when how?

Yes LL did make some not so smart choices, but with last one not very recently it's less possible to see it as count up including this one, none of the not so smart choices is connected except granting access to adult for kid players.

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

are they actively hunted , no, if they comply there's nothing to hunt as start.

That is not what I and some others are hearing. I realize it is not from sources you're comfortable with but that's on you. I see it from both the stories told on social media sites and from people directly when I meet them on another grid.