Help dealing with a stalker/harasser

Hey everyone.

So for a while i been dealing with a strange dude with a massive ego.

Someone's been contacting me and my partner using alts, claiming that I made alts to stalk him and harass him. Thing is i dont even know who this dude is. Every so often he send messages to my partner telling her that im a bad guy and that she should "Break up from me and find his main account for he will save her from me."

i tried to reach out this dude (whenever he contacts me through his alts) to ask him "ok, so these alts who claim to be me. what are their names? do you have witnesses, did you reported them to LL?" to which he just insults me, saying things like "How dare you pretend thats not you." and ***** like that.

i recently added a pick on my profile about the dude, and now he is claiming he "Added me to his main account picks so everyone is warned about my insane behaveur."

i told LL about this dude multiple times but nothing has happen, i have notecards with his unhinged messages and id share them but im not sure im allowed to share these types of convos, what can i do?.

im also pretty sure i know who this person is, basically  -if my suspicious are rights- his ex gf thought he was creepy and she broke up with him, a few weeks later we started dating, the guy took it personally for "stealing his propierty."

• Sad 1

You could try blocking him.  He seems to just want to get a reaction from you, and make you think about him, and spoil your day.  Don't worry about what he puts in his Profile Picks; after all, how many people are even likely to read them, despite his assumption that we all want to look?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can't share convos on the forums. It wouldn't do any good here because we're not Lindens. We also can't verify anything we read. 

As Garnet said, block and ignore. Also, don't even converse with him.  If they continue to harass you, collect those messages and send them to LL through the abuse reporting system. It's a lot easier for LL to see one-sided harassment than to figure out the details of a conversation. 

For your profile pick on him, state the basic facts and keep it drama free. LL might think your pick is provoking the other person. 

• Like 1

Both of you, just don't respond to this person.. it's what they live for is knowing they are impacting you in some way..

Wreck their day by just going on with your SL.. Block as soon as they show up but don't respond.. they'll end up wasting a bunch of their own time, instead of wasting a bunch of your time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ceka is on the money. Engaging with this person in any way whatsoever is just gasoline on the fire. Ignore them completely. Ignore anyone you suspect is an alt. And for God's sake take your pick about them out of your profile.

I have been stalked a few times, unfortunately, and I'm talking from experience. The fastest way to make this person go away is to ignore them. At a certain point they will feel invisible and continuing to harass you will be unfulfilling, versus the interaction you are providing them now.

• Thanks 1

First day on the internet ha?

How it is not your first reaction to block and move on, is beyond me. The fact that you didn't block them in the first few seconds is all the fuel they needed to mess with you more.

Again, you are on the internet right now... I mean... 

• Like 1