anti-biting security

WiccanSeductress

3 hours ago, WiccanSeductress said:

Greetings! I am in need of an anti-biting system that detects and ejects biters out of my sim. Any ideas on where I can get such a device?

Think twice before enabling that, there are hundreds of thousends "sleeping" bloodline and other gameplayers who could get bounced .. unless you want your traffic killed of course...

• Like 2

There are some systems that attempt to ban Bloodlines users as mentioned. They attempt to ban everyone who simply has a Bloodlines HUD attached. It seems other scripted HUDs can get falsely flagged.

If you use something like this you won't need to worry about being too popular.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 5:56 PM, Diablo Lioncourt said:

They attempt to ban everyone who simply has a Bloodlines HUD attached

There is no need of a HUD detection since there are regular vampire attachments worn.

If you use something like this you won't need to worry about being too popular.

The amount of visitors with vampire attachments is insignificant, there would be no visible impact on traffic or "popularity".

I don't see the need of banning players with bloodlines attachments since that system requires to ask for permission when biting. This means that you can act/ban once a permission request is reported to you and go with a presumption of innocence otherwise. This isn't the case for other vampire systems though.

This is NOT a matter of banning. I do not allow biting period. I just want a sim where it detects biting and simply warning to stop biting or get ejected. People would be allowed back on as long as the NO BITING RULE is followed.

Diablo, popularity has NOTHING to do with this.

I asked a question and am getting obnoxious responses instead. Thanks a lot to all. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Do the HUDs necessarily respond to random objects chatting at them or something? I ask because scripts can't see HUDs just by using llGetAttachedList, but could see the other attachments, but really, who wants to look inside a vampire's mouth?

What might work is to hammer the Search interface to the Bloodlines page with the avatar name, but I suspect that database includes everybody who ever mistakenly accepted a bite request and didn't know to get themselves removed from the database. (Actually… IIRC, they used to keep a record of people who rejected or had themselves cured or whatever it takex to un-vamp one's virtual self, so god knows what Search returns for recovered bite victims.)

But with the OP's reply, I realize it's not necessary to find all vamps, only detect when they bite, which seems as if it should be impossible unless the system goes out of its way to make that detectable. Right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WiccanSeductress said:

I asked a question and am getting obnoxious responses instead

You're getting realistic responses.  

IF there were such a device, which I doubt there is, I'm sure someone would have seen it around.  Which, I haven't and probably why some places still offer the garlic necklace.

Just so you're aware, Progeny can bite without a request.  All they have to be is within a certain radius.  

There's one HUD for several vamp systems.  I believe it detects the fangs.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FLECHA-Vampire-detector/25568061

A sign at the entrance or a notecard would probably be the best deterrent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1