SL is down!

I have tried different viewers and an alt, and I cannot log in. I keep getting some message about not being able to set default permissions, and this gobbledy***** too:

File "SLVersionChecker.py", line 659, in <module>
  File "SLVersionChecker.py", line 655, in main
  File "SLVersionChecker.py", line 138, in leap
  File "SLVersionChecker.py", line 244, in leap_body
  File "util.py", line 100, in wrapper
  File "update_manager.py", line 657, in pick_target_platform
  File "update_manager.py", line 520, in isUnsupported
  File "update_manager.py", line 327, in pshell
  File "update_manager.py", line 349, in _pshell
  File "subprocess.py", line 466, in check_output
  File "subprocess.py", line 571, in run
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('C:/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/powershell.exe', '-Command', 'CimCmdlets\\Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_VideoController | Select-Object -ExpandProperty Name')' returned non-zero exit status 1.

The message I also get is that either SL is down OR my internet is down. It is not my internet. The reaction is the same no matter the viewer.

It isn't SL either.
I just logged in to check. Seems to work smoothly. 
So my advise.
Reboot your system. If that doesn't work. Re install your Second life software.

Edited by Sid Nagy

Here is what I have learned. I tried going instead to another region, and wound up at some newbie hub instead. That was Amiville that I tried to log in at. I then was able to TP to Dove Creek and go to Bear River and then I walked into Amiville from there. Those are Wild West roleplay sims where I play a boar.

I went to SL maps and the region that I have my Frightville Studios sim, Ichoen, is not even on SL maps! That appears to be most of the problem. So essentially my home region has vanished. It is not a restart. I hope they have not deleted the entire region. So I was able to get online, but there is definitely some kind of problem.

11 minutes ago, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

my Frightville Studios sim, Ichoen, is not even on SL maps!

I'm standing on it. Got there by searching Maps and teleporting.

My script says: Region restarted at Wed 2024-03-27 08:13 PDT, 0 days, 23:32:27 ago
Sim channel = Second Life RC LeTigre, Version 2024-03-18.8333615376, Agent limit 44

So yeah, it wasn't a restart. I wonder if there could be some very weird network problem between your part of the world and AWS

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm standing on it. Got there by searching Maps and teleporting.

My script says: Region restarted at Wed 2024-03-27 08:13 PDT, 0 days, 23:32:27 ago
Sim channel = Second Life RC LeTigre, Version 2024-03-18.8333615376, Agent limit 44

So yeah, it wasn't a restart. I wonder if there could be some very weird network problem between your part of the world and AWS

Well I don't know. I still  can't get on. I live in Western NY. I have a support ticket in.

1 hour ago, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

The main problem has been traced to the region that I have my sim in. They restarted it, but that has not solved anything. I hope I don't have to abandon my land.

your use of terms are a bit confusing , what most people call a sim = region, a part of a region is a parcel.

• Like 2