You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 63 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Istelathis said:

Sentience though, that is an entirely different matter which still baffles modern science and filled with a lot of speculation.  It requires self-awareness which LLMs lack. 

Well, yeah. But most average people don't know that, and project sentience onto things that are not sentient. Sorry, that was kind of my point.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Well, yeah. But most average people don't know that, and project sentience onto things that are not sentient. Sorry, that was kind of my point.

Sorry about that, I do agree with you.  I mean, after all, we both do live in a country that considers corporations "people" 🤣😭  This could completely go into another subject which is also fun, such as what kind of person Walmart is.  I think Walmart as a person is kind of sus, I mean, he/she is always going on about the great deals they have, but I find better deals with my friends Dollar Tree and Aldi 🙃

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jackson Redstar said:

if there was really AI 'companion' avatars - They would probably be attracted to each other! wouldn't that be a hoot? 2 AI bots dating each other

Bonus: They would also cheat on each other!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the AI community the rumor is that self-awareness is already in the lab on large hardware. The hardware problem is largely solved (see How Powerful Is the Human Brain Relative to GPT AI? (johnsonbots.blogspot.com) ) and probably training is the main barrier to having truly intelligent AI - self-training LLMs might solve this problem in short order (see “Liquid” Neural Network Adapts on the Go - IEEE Spectrum ). 

SL's 21st Birthday Party starts June 21! I will have a few bots running gpt-3.5-turbo and a very intelligent uncensored LLM as part of my exhibit at SL21B (assuming the powers that be approve it!) Welcome to the AI Animesh Sexbot Party @ SL21B ! (johnsonbots.blogspot.com)image.jpeg.d19ecb884d57ef0ce4bf52db71d68c42.jpeg

Edited by musichero
slightly updated to include SL21B information
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 63 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.