moves on it own

Yesenia Zero

@Yesenia Zero There are basic troubleshooting steps. One needs to determine if it is the computer, the viewer, or the avatar that has the problem. As Ivanove suspects, it may be one of your input devices. If a SpaceNavigator, joystick, or tablet (Wacom) is not set up correctly they can cause such a problem. When I leave my pen on the tablet my mouse acts weird. Occasionally a USB cable is pulling on my SpaceNavigator...

There are things the avatar may wear that can cause the problem. There are attachments to the viewer that can cause problems.

For troubleshooting many of us have two or more viewers installed. The Linden SL Viewer is sort of a must have to get any support from the Lab's support people. Firestorm and Black Dragon are popular alternate viewers. Cool VL Viewer is popular with those running older hardware. Is the problem present in a different viewer? Then it isn't the viewer.

Avatar attachments are often a problem. Try one of the avatars in the Linden starter set of avatars. Look in the library in your inventory. Replace your avatar with one of the library avatars. Did that fix the problem? If so, there is something your avatar has attached that is the problem.

When we can't find a problem we often use an alternate avatar, a different account. If the problem persists then the problem is likely on the SL side of things, a region problem most likely. Or a computer problem.

Try these different steps and if you still can't find the problem come back, explain what you have done and we can probably help.

Sounds a lot like an extra input device being plugged in and automatically enabled in SL. A controller for instance, Xbox360/One, Playstation etc, they are notorious for having minimal stick drift at all times and if applications (such as SL) don't ignore these tiny drifts they will trigger movements. Most games have deadzones for that to prevent these tiny drifts from constantly triggering any sort of unwanted movement.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

Sounds a lot like an extra input device being plugged in and automatically enabled in SL. A controller for instance, Xbox360/One, Playstation etc, they are notorious for having minimal stick drift at all times and if applications (such as SL) don't ignore these tiny drifts they will trigger movements. Most games have deadzones for that to prevent these tiny drifts from constantly triggering any sort of unwanted movement.

This. It drove me nuts when I found myself bonking into random walls one day before realising my cat had decided the gamepad was the premier sleeping spot in the house. If you've got a gamepad wired up, do check if it ain't stick drift causing it.

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2024 at 4:05 AM, Yesenia Zero said:

ok so my avi keeps moving on its own a few steps at the time I dunno why this happening I have tried everything I could find on it but so far nothing, 

Does this happen in really busy places, where you stop  and your avatar keeps walking?

Could it be lag?