Does anyone do custom shape styling?

Melancholy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an older Lelutka head -- Simone. I'd like to upgrade to an EvoX head so I can take advantage of newer skins, but the heads don't respond well to my existing shape. After days of wrangling, I have to admit it's beyond my ability to make the newer heads look like "me." Are there shape makers or stylists who help people upgrade from one generation of head to another? Is this even a thing? 

• Like 2

I suspect there may be someone who would do this for you for a fee, but I don't know who.

What you'll need to choose and shape a mesh head to your liking will be several photos from different angles of the head you want to aporoximate, an idea of which mesh head brand(s) you like, and an idea of how much you're willing to pay. 

Demo heads that look close to the look you want, especially the nose shape, lip shape, and chin shape. Lelutka is my favorite brand for mesh heads, but other EvoX compatible brands may work as well. Having pictures or a mirror (if you're copying your RL face) make it easier to make small adjustments to the face shape sliders. Remember it has to look ok from the side, as well as from the front.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

If you find a skin that looks most like YOU or how you'd prefer to look, they generally include the head it's shown on and a shape to use with the head/skin combo.  That's how I've usually purchased a head.  Which skin first, then go from there.

• Like 3

On 3/2/2024 at 1:56 PM, Melancholy said:

I have an older Lelutka head -- Simone. I'd like to upgrade to an EvoX head so I can take advantage of newer skins, but the heads don't respond well to my existing shape. After days of wrangling, I have to admit it's beyond my ability to make the newer heads look like "me." Are there shape makers or stylists who help people upgrade from one generation of head to another? Is this even a thing? 

Me, too.

If they weren't such a high-profile creator/vendor, I'd almost say contact them and ask if they'd be willing to help, for a consideration. They probably don't have all that much spare time for doing custom stuffs, though.

I use a head that's probably considered outdated by its creator. It took a lot of work to get it to look just so, and it's still imperfect, because I'm using a skin that's also probably considered outdated by its creator. It's kind of okay though, as long as I never look directly into my nostrils. XD

I kind of wish the sliders were a little more adjustable, like that you could set your face to something close to what you want, and then reset the sliders so that your current face is the middle-ground base for the sliders, and adjust further from there. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, if I owned the same head, I'd offer to do it for free. Or to try, anyway. Maybe someone here still has the Simone head and has the skill to say, "oh, that's nothing~! here ya go!", and help out. It'd be a fun way to spend some time inworld, eh? Somebody has to have perfected editing that particular head by now.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 11:56 AM, Melancholy said:

I agree with what many are saying on here about this. Not only find a head shape that looks like you, but the skin is also very important too. A skin can completely change how you avatar head looks.  Can you go back to your original skin maker and see if they have any evo x compatible skins for sale? 

• Like 1

If you have Simone, I would try the Lelutka Avalon, first. When I switched from Simone, that was the one I found I could shape to be most similar to my previous looks. Even looks with my former Genus Strong head. Use the shape included in the folder and try going from there. It won't work to use your current shape, but it might if you use the shape Lelutka includes and then tweak from there. At least, that's what worked for me. :)

• Like 1

Hi Melancholy!  I'm not a professional shape maker but I'd be willing to give you some help if I can.  All I'd need is a couple of pictures and I'll give it a go!  If you're interested give me a shout inworld.  :D 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 11:56 AM, Melancholy said:

Please keep me updated on your progress. It sounds like fun.

I also bought an lelutka head and a Catwa evo i think it was..

And me and Bom stuff just don't mix.. after 2 weeks each to match both heads to my old Catwa Catya head i just plonked the lelutka and new Catwa in the delete folder and stuck with my old Catya which up to this day i get compliments about...

Updating isn't always better in my opinion specially if you have to rebuy half of your inventory to make it somewhat work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.