Can a Linden Home be in the Destination Guide?

This used to work. However, when I go to the Destination Guide submission web page, my Linden Home location does not show up on the drop down menu. Of course, one can always email the submission. I double checked that I own the parcel, there is a landing point set (and routed), and the parcel is at least 512sqm.

This line from the Covenant might be relevant.

*Linden Homes can not be shown in search

One could argue that the Destination Guide is a form of search.  Personally, I would ask Mini Mole about it, she seems to be handling a lot of social activities for Belli.

• Like 3

The immediate remedy will be to simply email a submission to the Destination Guide editors. I posted in the forum because I wondered if others had been down this path before. The current documentation says a parcel can be a Destination if...

You personally own the parcel, it has a landing point set, and it is at least 512 square meters in size.

This particular Linden Home is an art gallery and has previously appeared in the Destination Guide.

1 hour ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Jeez, why would you want it to be???  You could be swamped with people checking it out, and neighbors complaining

I have owned this Linden Home since Belli started and have yet to see a neighbor. My experience with art galleries is that big crowds are not an issue 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I decorated a cute little trad up like a bakery. I had owned the house next door for a while, and I saw it come available and just sit there, so I grabbed it and instead of just doing it like a normal house, I made it into a fun little public space. It has treats, seats and games, and I even piped in some music. lol

it's on a cute little beach...called Dorma!

6b8c4b9eb7676de24890720be0b7da41.jpg

925f331083ee2ab1499ca53081f9c46f.jpg

• Like 6

On 3/1/2024 at 2:52 PM, Nika Talaj said:

This line from the Covenant might be relevant.

One could argue that the Destination Guide is a form of search.  Personally, I would ask Mini Mole about it, she seems to be handling a lot of social activities for Belli.

I do wish that some places could be in search. Maybe not the homes - but some of the large mole builds like the castle in the fantasy region, the old lodge on the original belli continent, that new carnival like spot in the Victorians, the various airports, and so on. It would be nice to see folks in those community venues more often.

As for homes - there are some that have become hangouts / social clubs. Letting them be in search seems like a good idea - though people running commercial clubs on mainland and estates might see that differently (unfair competition). And it's one thing to have a Belli music club that has a half dozen people in it often, and another to have one that has 40+ people 24/7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I do wish that some places could be in search. Maybe not the homes - but some of the large mole builds like the castle in the fantasy region, the old lodge on the original belli continent, that new carnival like spot in the Victorians, the various airports, and so on. It would be nice to see folks in those community venues more often.

As for homes - there are some that have become hangouts / social clubs. Letting them be in search seems like a good idea - though people running commercial clubs on mainland and estates might see that differently (unfair competition). And it's one thing to have a Belli music club that has a half dozen people in it often, and another to have one that has 40+ people 24/7.

Think as long it's good clean fun with education for the right moderate rating for a place. If People are having a good time with laughter why not? 

The other linden locations you can have parties and events also like at town hall( Chippewa Junction) for a friend's birthday, wedding. get together's so on. All you gotta do is ask they will fix it for you. 

You can give a suggestion they love to hear from you get hold of  Editor Linden shoot them a message in world on question/Idea's of Destination Guide. 

Edited by Adorarose Trueheart

Posted (edited)

Can a Linden Home be in the Destination Guide?

Officially, Linden Homes can no longer be destinations. This was communicated to me gracefully by editor@lindenlab.com. Thank you.

This is a change in policy. As of today, the written policy remains

You may suggest a destination if:

• You personally own the parcel, it has a landing point set, and it is at least 512 square meters in size

Evidently, Linden Homes are intended to be residential properties and not are not suitable as destinations. Perhaps update the written requirement?

The  Beckridge Gallery (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beckridge/198/135/25) remains, for now, and there may be one or two nice photographs there. I am in the process of relocating to mainland.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Thanks 4

On 3/11/2024 at 4:06 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I'm always reading people saying they were badly made or look bad or are too this or that but to me yeah - they're still some of the best looking homes in Belli.

There are almost no clones, and the house size fits the 351 prims the best (IMHO). There is a diverse selection: green terrain, mountains, sand, rivers, ponds, oceans etc.!  So many have adorable little common areas too. They seem clean and happy, and neutral enough so that a lot of options can be made with them and still seems to fit the theme.

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 5

On 3/11/2024 at 8:23 PM, diamond Marchant said:

I am in the process of relocating to mainland.

...done.  It did make me a little sad to abandon a Linden Home that I acquired in May, 2019. However, the new Beckridge Gallery is more like a gallery and meets the amended requirements for the Destination Guide.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Malfelonius/37/110/22

• Like 6

On 3/14/2024 at 12:07 AM, diamond Marchant said:

...done.  It did make me a little sad to abandon a Linden Home that I acquired in May, 2019. However, the new Beckridge Gallery is more like a gallery and meets the amended requirements for the Destination Guide.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Malfelonius/37/110/22

It reminds me a bit of the photo galleries that used to be in Helvellyn in the East River Community.

Looking at your photos inspired me to go back and I am pleased to see that despite the changes the little art community remains there with a nice cluster of galleries to make a visit worthwhile.

• Like 2