Newbie looking for cool friends :)

LilyRoseAmber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know this topic has probably been covered many times before in the past, but where are good places for newbies to hang out in second life in 2024? 

Particularly if you're new and want to build up a good contact list of cool people?

At the moment as a woman I've been a little harassed and just want to chat and laugh but nothing else :)

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The place where all the cool kids 😎 are hanging out lately is the SL Welcome Hub.

Hello Persephone, thank you for your reply. Yes I think I went there today but it looked a little empty. Maybe I should go back at busier times.

I went to investigate like a Sherlock Holmes worthy of the name (or not), and there are plenty of people to welcome, and even cats xD However, you have to enter the area dedicated to reception. There are perhaps fewer people during the day for the Europeans on the other hand... It might be something to think about, and I think that a posted calendar for the new ones would be a good thing too, but hey.. . One thing at a time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

For starting out and if you like music, some of the PG-rated music spots such as Muddy's are a good bet. Just say hello in chat and be friendly. If they set themselves up as PG-rated you rarely get the harassment because the staff don't tolerate BS.

Seconding this, any high-traffic music venue as mentioned above is a great place to meet people when you're new. Just don't be afraid to chat out loud, compliment people if you like something they're wearing, etc.

Mileage always varies, of course, but show up to a few of them enough times and you'll start seeing the same people, and they'll recognize you, and it all goes from there.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.