Lara X bits

Deluza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there any "bits" out for Lara X?  I currently use The V and Sessions with Maitreya, but I have not seen any updates for Lara X.  I tried just using my existing but the fit is not right.  Does anyone have any insight on this...or suggestions...other brands that would work?

Thanks Del

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I'm told the 'V' update is on its way but... it has been a while.

It's not actually an update but will be a separate product that will need to be purchased.

Which is pretty bad.

Maitreya gave us LaraX as a free update. My favorite clothing creators are giving LaraX versions as free updates. But Sessions/ASA won't do that.

I have been a very satisfied wearer of The V Bento, but you can bet I'll be giving Sensations a look.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Which is pretty bad.

Maitreya gave us LaraX as a free update. My favorite clothing creators are giving LaraX versions as free updates. But Sessions/ASA won't do that.

I have been a very satisfied wearer of The V Bento, but you can bet I'll be giving Sensations a look.

I don't mind the extra cost, if we're being honest.  If there is a significant amount of labor involved it deserves to be compensated.  I guess how much extra labor it is going to be will have to be seen, but I"m sure there are probably new animations in the pipeline for the new butt moving ability.

Maitreya giving existing customers the new body for free (and then flipping and giving the old body for free to new customers when they buy the new body) is a fairly shrewd business decision for general adoption of the new body and keeping market share, and so is not really an equal conversation point. Nor is clothing makers giving free updates.  Most of my favorite designers are "nope, we're not updating*, and we are only supporting LaraX's going forward", which is fair. 

My comment is that The V makers had to know there was going to be a probable large market for the new product but seems to have had a very blasé attitude toward it, a seemingly 'we don't care'.  Which in all truth, is also fine in an academic sense.

image.png.1166b7f8d379120331207ff5d6973202.png

First estimate for the new The V was about a month, 10 days later it's now maybe 2 months and 2 months later just a often repeated "soon" with vague assurances it's being worked on. I get not wanting to be pinned down because deadlines slip, but with that first estimate they had already said at that time that there at least one, maybe more, other projects in front and they'd get to it when time allowed.  And so I really do wonder how much it's being worked on how much it's being back burnered. I guess as we get deeper into Feb we'll have a clearer picture.

But we are also approaching 3 months now since the new body has been released, and I've functionally stopped wearing the older body now that i have a lot more clothing options.  So, long story short (too late), maybe I'll look at Sensations now to get my bits dollars instead.  I'm not going to wait forever, no matter how much I like The V.

==

*there are a few notable exceptions which are doing some general back catalogue updates, some which are doing targeted back catalogue, and some which are "we had this in the works why not sell it". but all my stores are pretty much going to the Lara X varients as an exclusive option giving me less and less reasons to go back except for some very special and favorite outfits that might not get an update.

Edited by Anna Salyx
blurr out names on the screen caps
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Which is pretty bad.

I agree but the point has been raised that due to the different rigging it couldn't really just be an 'update', it would have to be an entirely separate product regardless.

I dunno, it's undoubtedly a cash grab since every Maitreya Lara V customer could just receive a Maitreya Lara X product in addition to their existing but... they want money so meh. I do admit all of this kind of stuff is really pushing me away from switching over to Lara X though, just don't feel like spending so much money right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I dunno, it's undoubtedly a cash grab since every Maitreya Lara V customer could just receive a Maitreya Lara X product in addition to their existing but... they want money so meh.

The V isn't cheap, but a lot of work went into creating it so I don't mind (just like bodies and heads being 'pricy' is totally warranted) - but, the difference between Lara and LaraX (as far as the V is concerned) is in the body shape alone; they don't need to recreate everything from scratch, all the scripts, animations, and functions already exist, and if we've already paid for the 'development' process then making a new rig of the same product a whole new full-price product feels off to me. That's not to say that there isn't any work, because obviously they won't have a LaraX-compatible version with the snap of their fingers. I'd be fine with it costing a little bit for people who already own the Lara version, but there's not really any functionality in SL to make a product exclusively available for someone who already has a different product, so that becomes a bit of an administrative issue (only way I could think of is to not include the HUD, making it a pretty pointless purchase for anyone who doesn't already have a HUD for their older version that could be made compatible - and if that's a model they would consider then I wouldn't mind it). 

It's no different from clothes, really. New riggings take time and work, and I've got no issue with creators wanting compensation for that - but the full price for a product I've already bought where the only factor is a new rig is a bit like getting your car back from the garage with them wanting you to pay for the entire price of the car you already owned, when all they did was switching to winter tyres. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Orwar said:

The V isn't cheap, but a lot of work went into creating it so I don't mind (just like bodies and heads being 'pricy' is totally warranted) - but, the difference between Lara and LaraX (as far as the V is concerned) is in the body shape alone; they don't need to recreate everything from scratch, all the scripts, animations, and functions already exist, and if we've already paid for the 'development' process then making a new rig of the same product a whole new full-price product feels off to me. That's not to say that there isn't any work, because obviously they won't have a LaraX-compatible version with the snap of their fingers. I'd be fine with it costing a little bit for people who already own the Lara version, but there's not really any functionality in SL to make a product exclusively available for someone who already has a different product, so that becomes a bit of an administrative issue (only way I could think of is to not include the HUD, making it a pretty pointless purchase for anyone who doesn't already have a HUD for their older version that could be made compatible - and if that's a model they would consider then I wouldn't mind it). 

It's no different from clothes, really. New riggings take time and work, and I've got no issue with creators wanting compensation for that - but the full price for a product I've already bought where the only factor is a new rig is a bit like getting your car back from the garage with them wanting you to pay for the entire price of the car you already owned, when all they did was switching to winter tyres. 

Yes I agree, making it work with Lara X is a few hours in blender for someone experienced.

I know they'll probably be adding a few extras like new animations that can work on the Butt bone for Lara X etc but... I dunno, I don't want to make it seem like I'm bad mouthing because their product is very good, just a little sore about having to shell out all over again :)

• Like 2

I have the V for Lara, and the Sensations ***** too.  The V was more expensive.  Now Sessions will want another tranche of cash for the LaraX, next decade when it comes out, 'soon' (tm), whereas Sensations gave me the update.  I don't actually like the V as much as the Sensations (for Lara), but it's HUD is better.  So I am a a happy LaraX camper!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I don't actually like the V as much as the Sensations (for Lara), but it's HUD is better.

I got curious about it as, at first, I thought people were mixing up the words 'session' and 'sensations', and immediately when I saw the adverts I went 'hey I know that HUD'. I got some wings from them, and whilst I love the functionality of them (and the appearance of the wings themselves), the appearance of the HUD is quite an eye-sore with all its bright, brash colours. Might have to give the demo a go at least.

• Like 4

Dang I didn't see this thread until just now.. I wish I would have found it before I posted this in the other two threads.. lol

VAW just announced that they have updated their V, so if you have that , get your redeliver at the main store or the MP..

scratch that, it was a miscommunication..:$

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.