Lost gacha item when rezzing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 91 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I bought a gacha item and when rezzing it, it disappeared.

I made an area search and it appears in distance one and five meters from my avatar the box and the item separately.  It is a wearable item and I should have not tried to rezz it.  Now my options in the area search menu are script info, touch, teleport, sit, zoom, inspect, edit, return, black list, buy, delete.  With edit I located the item in my room existing although invisible.

How shall I retrieve it?  I need an option wear or add if I select return it eventually enter again my inventory and from there I shall select add?

Or it will be lost for ever?

3d-background-with-valentines-day-sale_23-2150049701.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, examining said:

Or it will be lost for ever?

That happened to me recently....nowhere to be found in any folder...and I thought it was gone forever.

Strangely, a couple logins later there it was in my inventory.

• Like 1

You could also turn on Highlight Invisible, so you can click on it easier. Another option thar probably few people use is to click on it and select Wear from the pie menu. (I don't know if this is only in Firestorm, but it's fun to use with clothing. It makes your avatar jump to the item and wear it.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I avoid area search as much as possible. If you use Build / Pathfinding / Region Objects you can sort the results by Distance to make it easy to find, then click the line to select it, and use "Take" (if it weren't a gacha item, you could choose "Take copy" too).

That window should work in any viewer, for objects you own or otherwise can move, within the region.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I  believe I lost it after all but then again I bought another one similar but not gacha. It was a question of a hundred linden.  If I find the first one I'll have a couple.  Always alternatives in sl.  So nice everything here :)

two-small-kittens-cardboard-box-19364447.jpg

• Like 3

If you can see it in area search, you haven't lost it. If you're unsure where it is, use the "Zoom" option from area search. If that isn't available, you need to be closer to it. "Teleport to" will usually work here or you can simply walk in the direction that makes the distance go down. Then zoom in.

Then use "Edit" as this will highlight it.

Now right click the highlighted object to bring up the menu. This will either be a radial menu or a plain drop down menu, depending on your viewer and options. From that menu, you can select "Take" and you will pick it up. If you don't see that menu, you probably left clicked by mistake.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I avoid area search as much as possible. If you use Build / Pathfinding / Region Objects you can sort the results by Distance to make it easy to find, then click the line to select it, and use "Take" (if it weren't a gacha item, you could choose "Take copy" too).

That window should work in any viewer, for objects you own or otherwise can move, within the region.

This is true Wizard Magicks, hidden in plain sight. I never even knew you could do that.

*salaams*

Thank you so much for sharing this knowledge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, examining said:

I found it later in inventory yet still cannot rezz it.  Maybe in some other conjuncture.

One thing to try, if you want, is to go to a big, not too busy sandbox, open the build tool first (Ctrl-3), and then try to rez it. Keeping the build tool open, check to see what it has selected (in case there's more than just the one gacha item). Such "coalesced objects" look different in Inventory, too, like a little stack of blocks instead of a single block, so maybe you already know that's not what happened… and yet, if it were me and I had trouble rezzing something, I'd still try in the middle of a big sandbox with the build tool already open.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 91 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.