What would LL do if Amazon ever baned ALL adult content from its servers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I was reading about other virtual worlds, there are literally hundreds of them. There is even one from 1997, that you can still download and log into.

The end of second life doesn't have to mean the end of virtual reality after all.

The way you phrase things, it's as if you WANT Second Life to end!

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I was reading about other virtual worlds, there are literally hundreds of them. There is even one from 1997, that you can still download and log into.

The end of second life doesn't have to mean the end of virtual reality after all.

Worlds Online, in operation since 1995! still works, it's an interesting place and still has active users, some are even quite nice :) Mostly they just stand around in the hub area talking but some will take you on tours through time...

It's a little unsettling for me, if you like exploring dead games you might enjoy it but there's definitely something unsettling about mostly empty virtual worlds.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Worlds Online, in operation since 1995! still works, it's an interesting place and still has active users, some are even quite nice :) Mostly they just stand around in the hub area talking but some will take you on tours through time...

It's a little unsettling for me, if you like exploring dead games you might enjoy it but there's definitely something unsettling about mostly empty virtual worlds.

I think I tried that one, back in the 90s.  If it is the one that I am thinking of, all of the avatars were sprite based and I chose a vampire which had animated bats following me around.  I think it was either that or active worlds, and also "The Palace", and Excite's chat which was very much like the palace.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Istelathis said:

active worlds

Oh I remember that place...I'd visited a few times before discovering SL...and then met this woman in SL into Gor, who begged me to go over there and participate in this village. It wasn't at all like the books with horrid misogyny.....it was a bunch of lesbian women sitting around chatting in a medieval hot tub.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.