Is it possible to pay for a name change for another resident?

SublimeEpoque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you are a Premium member, you should already have your own  payment information on file.  If you friend wants to pay for your name change, you might consider having her send to the L$ in world as a gift.

Since the cost for a name change is in USD (not L$), then somehow the user would pay it out of their L$ funds?

Ok, found it. I suppose this means if someone gave you L$, and then  you transferred that L$ to your Tilia Account Balance from selling the L$, then you could use that credit.  Wow, that sounds like a lot of trouble!

Per this article:  https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000155068-changing-your-username-faq#-Can-I-pay-for-my-name-change-in-Linden-Dollars-(L%24)?

Can I pay for my name change in Linden Dollars (L$)?
No. Username changes are charged in USD (United States Dollars). However, if you have a credit on your Tilia Account Balance from selling Linden dollars (L$), this credit can be used towards a name change. For more information on how to use your account balance in Second Life, please see our Knowledge Base article.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I suppose this means if someone gave you L$, and then  you transferred that L$ to your Tilia Account Balance from selling the L$, then you could use that credit.  Wow, that sounds like a lot of trouble!

No, not really.  I wasn't suggesting what the OP should do with the L$ that her friend sends.  It's simply a gift.  She can do anything she wants with it.  Meanwhile, since she's a Premium member anyway, she can pay for the name change with her own credit card (since she obviously has a payment method on file).  In the end, she gets a name change and has the equivalent in L$ in her SL account, thanks to her friend.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

No, not really.  I wasn't suggesting what the OP should do with the L$ that her friend sends.  It's simply a gift.  She can do anything she wants with it.  Meanwhile, since she's a Premium member anyway, she can pay for the name change with her own credit card (since she obviously has a payment method on file).  In the end, she gets a name change and has the equivalent in L$ in her SL account, thanks to her friend.

Ah! My mind went there for no reason at all. Thanks!

I have not seen this option yet. But diffren't game people had 3 days to get to know the person to buy any game services  they wanted to make sure the friend was a friend  you get to know them not someone trying to use game benefits some people run off.  

Partnership is like the only thing in sl I know  but the  person that asks pays for it like 50L then the other gets an email asking if to go through with it. Yes or no they can decline also.  Divorce is 25L each unless the amount has changed. 
Edited by ShaydraPromise
  • Confused 1

Since changing your name.is no longer a premium or premium plus only feature, we don't know that the OP is a premium member and has payment info on file at all.  Name changes for non-premium members are $49.99, Premium are $34.99 and Premium Plus are $14.99.

3 hours ago, SublimeEpoque said:

A friend is willing to sponsor my premium name change. Can they use their CC to pay for my new last name, or is there no other way but to add my payment info and do it myself?

Since you can gift a Premium membership to someone by calling Billing, you might be able to gift a name change to someone. 

So, either open a Support ticket or call Billing:

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 5pm EST(6am to 2pm PST), Monday through Friday.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131008-billing-support

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.