Thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nobody asks for permission from the various dance venues before people write about them in blogs or publish them in a list of dancing places, etc..  In RL, when folks ask me about good places to take a first date or a good place to go dancing, I don't seek the permission of any venue that I mention.  I don't see that you should have any say in whether or not someone else wants to claim that your location is a great place to take a date (or not a great place) and the 'why' of such.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 3

The only thing you can restrict in regards to your region is photography and video.   A review without pictures, if your region restricts them, is not within your control.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

I can understand your hesitation to have a small, intimate venue be exposed to a larger group. But you should probably be aware of the Streisand effect. The more you complain about this, the more attention you will draw.

You can, of course, privately ask them to remove the review. Anything else seems to be courting drama.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

It seems they had the courtesy to ask you if you were happy about the review...so maybe they won't run it if you ask them not to?

But you seemed to think it was positive at the start, I don't understand why you changed your mind? Just my opinion, but maybe you're being a bit paranoid and overthinking it, and expecting worst possible outcomes...I doubt anyone will read the review and then intentionally post dodgy pics or rude comments? :S But my advice would be...'go with your gut'...

Edited by IndigoBlue Tomorrow
irrelevant

32 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I can understand your hesitation to have a small, intimate venue be exposed to a larger group. But you should probably be aware of the Streisand effect. The more you complain about this, the more attention you will draw.

You can, of course, privately ask them to remove the review. Anything else seems to be courting drama.

Edited by IndigoBlue Tomorrow
irrelevant

It's very confusing to have the title and substance of a topic obliterated by an edit after people have replied.   I've only just seen this topic and this has happened already.  The original comment now stands without context, and makes the replies sound nonsensical.  Please consider in future just adding a comment to say thank you.  :/ 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.