What a Sad Lonely World..

xValleriex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've Been Exploring Alot on SL, And I Definitely Love Customizing my Avatar & Mixing Some Clothings to Match, And I Find SL A Real Good Life, But The Problem is.. I Dont Have Anyone to Talk to, I Have Few Friends, Well Maybe One, He's Nice And Friendly He shows me Good Places & He's Definitely A Good Person, But its not Enough I Need some more Company, I Feel Really Lonely, I'm a Shy Person & Not that Very Out-Going, But I Can be Random & Funny when I'm Used to it,

I'm Interested in Music, Art, Building, Designing, Photography, Exploring & Adventures

&

I'm Adventurous, A Shopping Freak, A Little Shy But Random At Some Time

I'm a bit of a Newbie Here, I Already did Everything, Wrote stuffs in my Profile, Got my Perfect Look, Already joined NCI, & Joined Some other Friendly Groups But i Still Havent Got any Friends (!), I Feel So Lonely Here I need some Friends To Hang out With, Anybody? Add me? :D

xValleriex wrote:

I'm Interested in Music, Art, Building, Designing, Photography, Exploring & Adventures

Do a bit of searching for 'Groups' and destinations with your interests.  If you sign up for groups you'll hear chit chat and get notices about activities and if you search destinations for Music and such you'll easily find plenty of interesting places with interesting people.  Search 'Sandbox' and you'll find all sorts of people who are usually very interested in sharing their building tricks and seeing what you can do... Harbinger's Haven used to be a frequent stop for me and there was this fellow that did the most amazing things who held court there regularly.

You should have no trouble finding all sorts of fun if you use search a bit and introduce yourself at your new destinations... Enjoy Yourself

Lanas

EDIT:  Opps… I’d previously missed your last line about already joining groups, and obviously you know how to use search.  So my last bit of advice is throw out a couple worthwhile comments into a group like a good question and typically a few folks will jump in then you’ll eventually end up in an IM and then… maybe, just maybe you’ll make a friend.  You’ve posted here and gotten pleasant replies and I’ve had similar luck in groups that have developed into good and helpful friends (now if I could just have better luck reading last lines of OP’s :o )

Drop me a note if you want to do a shopping trip, or a boat / car ride, or just toss some chattiness back and forth.

I think I've seen you burined in the ocean a few sims from my home, just off the edge of land and with an -away- thingy over your head. :) At least it was somebody who's avatar looked a lot like your forum image. :)

xValleriex wrote:

I've Been Exploring Alot on SL, And I Definitely Love Customizing my Avatar & Mixing Some Clothings to Match, And I Find SL A Real Good Life, But The Problem is.. I Dont Have Anyone to Talk to, I Have Few Friends, Well Maybe One, He's Nice And Friendly He shows me Good Places & He's Definitely A Good Person, But its not Enough I Need some more Company, I Feel Really Lonely, I'm a Shy Person & Not that Very Out-Going, But I Can be Random & Funny when I'm Used to it,

&

I'm Adventurous, A Shopping Freak, A Little Shy But Random At Some Time

I'm a bit of a Newbie Here, I Already did Everything, Wrote stuffs in my Profile, Got my Perfect Look, Already joined NCI, & Joined Some other Friendly Groups But i Still Havent Got any Friends (!), I Feel So Lonely Here I need some Friends To Hang out With, Anybody? Add me?
:D

Hi XVallerieX!  I added you to friends last night but will be very busy tonight in RL.  I will contact you very soon, and introduce you to some great people at my spaceport!  In the mean time, have fun, and try not to be lonely!  Okay? 

Peace!

OhMyGod ^^

I Never knew i get so Much Replies, Cause yesterday i kept Refreshing on my post & Nobody ever replies

i Thought i was gonna be the Loneliest Person here, Thanks Everyone

I Know Everything about SL Features Already, I Tried every Single Tips I Can find, I Already feel comfortable with my Look, I'm just 39 Days old :)

xValleriex wrote:

OhMyGod ^^

I Never knew i get so Much Replies, Cause yesterday i kept Refreshing on my post & Nobody ever replies

i Thought i was gonna be the Loneliest Person here, Thanks Everyone

I Know Everything about SL Features Already, I Tried every Single Tips I Can find, I Already feel comfortable with my Look, I'm just 39 Days old
:)

Woo WOoo xValleriex!  Been a bit busy in RL But we well get together.  We are planning a big 4th of July celebration on my sim Sunday!  Perhaps you would like to come!  Dig?  Far out!

Peace!

Ive Made an Secondlife about a year ago coudldnt get on cause i ahd alot of junk on my computer so i quited now im back with a better hard drive and i can use it again yay lol..

But I felt the same way i always felt like i was either shopping all the time when i got on never really talked to anyone and i talked my friend into creating an account 

Which is really good to have starting out the only problem is that now i gotta show her around lol

This is nothing against you personally, but here is a little honest advice: Your posts are extremely hard to read. Capitalizing almost every single word breaks the flow of the text and makes it almost impossible to determine where one sentence ends and another begins.

If you feel unsure about the English capitalization rules, only capitalize the first word of each sentence, or simply don't capitalize anything at all. You might find that more people are willing to spend time with you if you make it easier for others to read your chat.

Wow Ishtara - didn't really notice the caps until you pointed it out lol :)

We were all new once.  I think the next step for you is to see if you can join in on conversations. Not sure about group chat, but like go someplace inworld and make it your goal to say at least one thing at each outing. Sometimes people will talk to you if they see you are a regualr at a certain place (e.g. club).

I'm afraid of like, Randomly joining a conversation you probably know why, I'm not a very outgoing person

Clubs? Thats what everybody told me to join, I Tried to join some clubs, Some werent my interests & Some were really boring, I just wish it'd be easier :/

I do know what you mean and sometimes it does seem hard to get in the grove of things, but things will get easier keep your chin up and as mentioned earlier hit me up in game I will be more then happy to talk and hang out if you would like. I also put up a post (not to toot my own horn but something that may help) in the forum of how a simple hi can lead to conversation and friendships, read it and see if that helps, laterz.....

Hi Vallerie:

When you first started on SL, we had talked once or twice on the forums (probably don't remember me), gave you a bunch of starter tips to make yourself more presentable. Got on each other's friends list, however I guess due to our time difference, we never saw each other online to meet/chat.

Just jumping into someone else's A and B conversation can be a bit weird, some people do not like it, while others do not mind it at all.

When I first started in SL few months ago, I hung out at one of those popular places, bad lag because so many people are there, I entered myself into the local chat. Local chat is not a conversation between two people, it is a public broadcasted chat channel, so anyone can enter into it.

Met a few people who "clicked with me" on day 1, they introduced me to their friends in the following day and I had more friends by the end of week 1. Now, these were not friends who had many common interests, these were friends who just like to have a good time and have fun chatting about anything.

I have a shy female friend who has many interests, very smart but a bit of an introvert, she first started hanging out at those places that she were interested in, however they were dead zones, no one there every time she visited, so I suggested she needed to hang out at more popular places. She responded she did not like to be in a big crowded place in SL (or RL), part of meeting people is "marketing" oneself to show people that you are available and you do exist, and hanging out at a popular place will attract more in less amount of time than a less-crowded place.

Seen your public profile, little sister:

1. add a photo helps; and

2. the body of your profile should be stated not in one big long sentence

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.