Objects being returned to Lost and Found for no reason.

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sunday and again today I had items returned to lost and found for no reason.  They were way inside my half of the Umber sim. One had been in lace (huge rock walkway) for well over a year. I had NOT moved it.  It was far from the boundary lines and the message said that it was returned by the linden waterway (again not even  close I checked the lot lines). Today I had a one prim light fixture returned not long after I put it up. THAT one looked like it was having trouble finding the land group so I sort of get that --- but the other not so much. Both were returned to Lost and Found.  I have 700 li or so left to use.

image.thumb.png.4312e2fb60653cc7236080e362884f8e.png

Really big (much larger than shot shows going up the hill) rock that was returned on left.  Buoys on right mark the channel edge. LL waterway to the RIGHT of that.   

Anyone else having odd issues?   Everything is fixed now and  I DID get a message so I knew something had gone wrong which was a plus. Hoping it doesn't continue though.  

Pretty much. It is mainland owned by a friend and I just give him half the tier each month. So no "rental box" or anything like that. 

Just him and LL.   

PS. I pretty much have owner powers as I can do most everything.  I have been there almost two years and this is the first odd thing like this (rezzed items have disappeared and at the same time from my inventory -- that's the most bizarre thing).   

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

There is a comment about that in Inara's post for the latest Firestorm fix.  Not sure if this applies to your issue, but the comments are below.

A NOTE ON INVENTORY UPDATES
  • Both Firestorm 6.6.16 and Firestorm 6.6.17 include numerous Inventory updates. some of these see changes in inventory service communications with the viewer, designed to correct a long-standing bug wherein some deleted items became orphaned from the inventory folders and thus invisible.
  • However, with the fix these “orphaned” items may now be randomly restored to your Lost and Found folder – which may require checking and clearing as a result.
  • This issue is waiting a fix from Linden Lab – see BUG-234508.

Full blog post on it:  https://modemworld.me/2023/12/14/firestorm-6-6-17-getting-back-on-track/

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is a comment about that in Inara's post for the latest Firestorm fix.  Not sure if this applies to your issue, but the comments are below.

A NOTE ON INVENTORY UPDATES
  • Both Firestorm 6.6.16 and Firestorm 6.6.17 include numerous Inventory updates. some of these see changes in inventory service communications with the viewer, designed to correct a long-standing bug wherein some deleted items became orphaned from the inventory folders and thus invisible.
  • However, with the fix these “orphaned” items may now be randomly restored to your Lost and Found folder – which may require checking and clearing as a result.
  • This issue is waiting a fix from Linden Lab – see BUG-234508.

Full blog post on it:  https://modemworld.me/2023/12/14/firestorm-6-6-17-getting-back-on-track/

Yes, I saw that and one reason why I updated. Nothing to do with this though. This is rezzed stuff. 

I will say since you brought it up that while I have had NO ITEMS returned to the Lost and Found, today (I just recently upgraded to the new FS) I found some plants in my inventory from years ago (one well over a decade) that had been "missing" for about that long --- :D.  I know they weren't there because I go through plants often (as apposed to old make up say).  One was a gacha but I didn't lose it on rezzing it just "disappeared" and the other was a made by me item from like fourteen years ago. Amazingly they were both under PLANTs (how handy).  In the past on the rare occasion that thing mysteriously reappeared after being lost they would NOT end up in Lost an Found but not anywhere where they had been either (like jewelry in with hair say - very odd).  

So happy to get the sunflowers back anyway. I am guessing there are likely other things that have returned as I haven't been looking.  Anyone who reads the forums know how VERY MANY things my account has lost so would be nice to see a few of them come back LOL. 

This new issue doesn't really lose anything it is just a pain to put things back (I can't return to previous position because of a sailing lane of LL).   

Good for folks to know about that FS post if they hadn't read it though. Thanks. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

The server might accept an ”object return” request (or auto-return timeout) from a neighbour when the said object merely overlaps their parcel border (i.e. even when the root prim of your object is well within the limits of your own parcel).

This might be your problem, here...

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I haven't been able to investigate it yet, but I've seen reports of objects having changes in prim accounting once someone sits on them.

These seem to involve objects that use materials and/or agents who are wearing attachments that use PBR materials.

Just tried to repro that. But I didn't see a change in prim accounting.

6 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

The server might accept an ”object return” request (or auto-return timeout) from a neighbour when the said object merely overlaps their parcel border (i.e. even when the root prim of your object is well within the limits of your own parcel).

This might be your problem, here...

Nope. Addressed that with screenshot in my original post. All objects are WELL inside lot lines.   Nothing "anchored".    

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.