Where did I go wrong? Invisible face

Misa Friller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so I'm back after way longer than I wanna admit away. Figured I'd give this a shot again. Everything is mesh? Cool, cool. Went ahead and found a mesh body (Mai-something?), a skin, a hair.. okay.. except I'm stuck with the heads and now my face is invisible on my end. The demo face I bought doesn't seem to do anything right now other than add a little 'demo' over my head. Where'd I go wrong?

I'm sorry, I know this is utterly basic but my brain is mush right now.

image.png.8518ec59c59aaed55f352e8d04fbf4e6.png

image.png.1a77d30f47240015f1e9805bc24f0d95.png

You are missing the head layer to complete the whole skin. But as you are using a demo of the head, it might be that it doesn't work at all. 2nd remark, EVE heads are still using the SL UV based mapping, be sure that you don't use EVOX branded head layers. 3rd, you are using a body skin layer of TheSkinnery, maybe hop over the TheSkinnery store and see if they sell SL UV based head layers and demo them if you get some texture on the head.

Furthermore, if you really want a head that is EVO X enabled, for the same price as the EVE heads, you can hop over to the LOGO Store: the 3 heads at the front, Paris, Veronica & Harlow are still priced at 999 lindens or hop over to the LeLUTKA store, join their VIP group and grab that gift head.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 1

I.. am not smart. Thank you guys! Going to go see if I can find a head at the skinnery, little nervous to drop $600 or something on something I can't properly demo out. I got it on and it looked like a paper mache mask. Maybe that's my fault for needing to play with the HUD more. This is so much more confusing than when I was last on!

9 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

You are missing the head layer to complete the whole skin. But as you are using a demo of the head, it might be that it doesn't work at all. 2nd remark, EVE heads are still using the SL UV based mapping, be sure that you don't use EVOX branded head layers. 3rd, you are using a body skin layer of TheSkinnery, maybe hop over the TheSkinnery store and see if they sell SL UV based head layers and demo them if you get some texture on the head.

Furthermore, if you really want a head that is EVO X enabled, for the same price as the EVE heads, you can hop over to the LOGO Store: the 3 heads at the front, Paris, Veronica & Harlow are still priced at 999 lindens or hop over to the LeLUTKA store, join their VIP group and grab that gift head.

I just want a head lol, the one I saw in the MP was cute and I went to try and snag a demo. I can't find a LM for LeLUTKA, any chance you have one? Ty!!

There's actually quite a bit going on here. You're wearing 2 sets of teeth, but not the actual head. A good place to check for a head right now is Lelutka. Just put that into search for groups. Join the group, check the notices. They're giving away a free bento head until 12/21 to group members. Group is free to join. There are also 70some other stores participating and giving away skins, makeup, hair, face details, etc, to go with the heads. Lelutka EvoX heads are the most popular, so probably the best type to have at the moment.

Also, you're wearing a Maitreya Lara body, but you're wearing version 5.3. That's been updated to LaraX, which you should have also received if you just bought the body. It looks like your jeans are for LaraX so may not properly fit the 5.3 version of the body. The skin you're wearing is for Kupra, which is a different body brand, so the skin details may not match well on the Maitreya body. Things like knee, ankle, toe, breast and hip shading may appear "off" if you're wearing a skin for a different body name. Try checking Skinnery again, where your body skin came from, and see if they have one for Maitreya or even Legacy might work with the LaraX body.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shiloh Lyric said:

There's actually quite a bit going on here. You're wearing 2 sets of teeth, but not the actual head. A good place to check for a head right now is Lelutka. Just put that into search for groups. Join the group, check the notices. They're giving away a free bento head until 12/21 to group members. Group is free to join. There are also 70some other stores participating and giving away skins, makeup, hair, face details, etc, to go with the heads. Lelutka EvoX heads are the most popular, so probably the best type to have at the moment.

Also, you're wearing a Maitreya Lara body, but you're wearing version 5.3. That's been updated to LaraX, which you should have also received if you just bought the body. It looks like your jeans are for LaraX so may not properly fit the 5.3 version of the body. The skin you're wearing is for Kupra, which is a different body brand, so the skin details may not match well on the Maitreya body. Things like knee, ankle, toe, breast and hip shading may appear "off" if you're wearing a skin for a different body name. Try checking Skinnery again, where your body skin came from, and see if they have one for Maitreya or even Legacy might work with the LaraX body.

Helped her out in world with getting the head of LeLUTKA. Concerning the Eve's head, she was wearing the head and they are named as they are in the folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Misa Friller said:

Any advice on how I messed up? I thought I put the pieces together correctly. 

I can't get rid of the girl next door anything or the Kupra body skin. They just won't come off.

image.png.3f58dac0c66f2127278ac5b51dc16dc9.pngimage.png.8224c877300ba1dae361e2367bb1637b.png

You can't take OFF skin (or scalp (in this case called eyebrow shaper - same thing) or texture eyes and maybe something else) You need to either REPLACE the skin with another skin OR put a full body tattoo on top of the skin you are wearing.  ALSO tattoos are layered so to get makeup on top of your "face skin" (most often) you will need to take off the tattoo and then reapply so that it will be on top.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Misa Friller said:

Any advice on how I messed up? I thought I put the pieces together correctly. 

I can't get rid of the girl next door anything or the Kupra body skin. They just won't come off.

image.png.3f58dac0c66f2127278ac5b51dc16dc9.pngimage.png.8224c877300ba1dae361e2367bb1637b.png

Ok, you are wearing the LaraX body of Maitreya. Unlike most bodies, this one comes with a selection of velours tones for the body. Look in the folder of the body for an item called "Maitreya Extras Unpacker HUD", add it to your screen and hit the 3rd button from the top.This will give you a folder with a nice mixture of Velours Body Skin Layers in pale, darker and even fantasy tones. Then ... use the link that @Marianne Little has provided to hop to each store that has skins: Alt3, Amara Beatuy, Avarosa, Bold & Beauty, Cosmetize, Guapa, Heaux, Hype, Ives Beauty, Lueur, Metahumano, Moccino, Nonnative, Nuve, Pepe Skins, Purple Beauty, Soul, Traditional Face, Tres Beau, Velours ... Those have head skin layers in the Velour tones that you get from the LaraX skin package. 

Requirement: once you enter those stores, join group (which is free atm), grab the gift and any other possible group gift in the store, leave the group, off to the next store and repeat process.

Once done, take off all possible skin layers you can and start over in following order: pick a body layer out of the folder you got from the LaraX body in the tone you want to wear or like, add it, then select the head layer from the mass of gifts you have now in the same tone (for example: you selected rosekiss tone in the LaraX Body Skin Folder, pick the Rosekiss/Rose Kiss tone in the folder of the store where you got the head layer). Then in that same folder of the head layer there is an ear layer, add that one. 

And don't forget to use the shape & brows in the folder of the head as a starting point.

Cancel Hype in the list, as they are using their own body tones in that gift.

• Like 3

The four parts you can not take off, only replace, and some examples of the parts you can add, take off and wear multiple of. What you can not take off, are marked with pink. The names does not matter.

Notice that if you select WEAR on any part, you knock off the part you have on and replace it.

If you will have on 2 or more tattoos or other parts, ADD them.

Thefouryoucannottakeoff_001.png.0b238d6d4fa6a22882f42472e1def9f5.png

Edited by Marianne Little
replaced picture
  • Like 3

It is more practical to select Appearance, instear of Inventory,  when you will look at what you are wearing. Click on the t-shirt icon (See it next to the yellow dot to the left)

Appearance.thumb.png.a7ca725d12689fbe40a91ea256c33c8b.png

You notice multiple tattoo layers, and also 3 universal layers. The universal layers are often used for ears on lelutka heads. You will see that I am wearing 3 of them! (I should take off two) 😆

But it does not affect how my ears look, because it is no transparency in these ear layers. All the layers with makeup are mostly transparent. Only the moles are visible on the moles layer, and so on. We can stack a lot of makeup from different brands.

What we call SKIN in Second Life, can be both the skin symbol and the tattoo symbol. What show up as the face skin, is named amara beauty - Raven 20 - MED BROWS.

The skin brand is Amara Beauty, the "Raven 20" means that this skin is made to be worn with the Lelutka Raven head, the skin tone is 20 and the skin has drawn on eyebrows in medium color. (If I wanted to wear other brows, I had to look in the skin folder from Amara Beauty and look for NO BROWS. I could then add other eyebrows.)

All these layers layers gives me this look:

Thefouryoucannottakeoff_005.png.0b051c1a883970c2651c37e403e2e0d6.png

Notica that I wear so much that I have to slide down the side bar to look at the parts that is not showing in the appearance window. (See next to the yellow dot to the right)

When you will Edit what you are wearing, click the wrench symbol (top).

After you click the wrench symbol, you will first see all the layers. You can right click and take them off, or you can change their place. You will see an arrow up and down, click them to move the layer. This is good when you will wear an eyeliner over eyemakeup. You need the eyeliner layer on top, not under the eyemakeup layer.

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 4

I have clicked on the wrench icon, and get up this part with all the layers. I have selected the bottom ear layer. I can now rightclick it and take it off, or I can use the arrow to move it up. I get no arrow down option, since it is the bottom universal layer. The padlock symbol means I can not make any changes, other than take it off or move it.

If I will see my attachments or my body parts, I have to select them. (See the two yellow dots near the bottom).

appearance2.png.f27aef3d04364f70b08435873cbf4044.png

I have selected the "Body parts" and here are the four parts that I can not take off. I can edit them if they have a wrench symbol. If they have the padlock symbol, I can only replace them.

appearance3.png.91585c13e4f6e4b365c146b7183cbafd.png

If you edit the shape, use "Save as" and change the name to so you find it again if you take it off. Something like "My edited shape December 15th" or whatever you will call it.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.