I would like my camera mouvements to be faster in the Black dragon viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI, I'm having an issue with my Black dragon viewer. I would like to be able to move my camera in a faster way when I'm moving in game (with my mouse as well as with my avatar). I'm easily able to do that in the second life and firestorm viewer, but for some reason I'm having a hard time figuring it out in this one and I have been trying for a while. I also tried to watch other people's videos and see their preferences tabs and modify mine too but nothing. I've tried to play around with my camera and controls bars on my own in the preferences browser, but nothing significant came out of it. I don't really know what to do, I really like this interface, does someone as a guess of what could be my issue?

I don't use Black Dragon so this is a shot in the dark, but in case it helps: Have you tried Disable Camera Constraints from the Advanced Menu? (I always have that set, then recently did a clean install and wiped the setting, and boy was cam movement slow until I set it Disabled again! But that may have nothing to do with your situation.)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I don't use Black Dragon so this is a shot in the dark, but in case it helps: Have you tried Disable Camera Constraints from the Advanced Menu? (I always have that set, then recently did a clean install and wiped the setting, and boy was cam movement slow until I set it Disabled again! But that may have nothing to do with your situation.)

I just tried that after seeing your message. I'm not really sure if it did something but I'll keep an eye on that thank you :)

I suppose it depends on what you are experiencing...

The mouse has a "resolution" which is an OS (Windows/Apple) setting. Some mice have buttons to change mouse resolution on the fly.

In Windows, the setting is in Mouse Properties->Pointer Options (tab)->Pointer Speed (slider)

THe OS sends mouse info into the viewer. The setting affects mouse speed in the viewer... and all apps.

In BD on the Camera page of Preferences, there are several Camera Settings. Play with those. You can Ctrl+LMB-click on a slider to return it to the default setting. (RMB-click returns the setting to its previous setting.)

On 12/12/2023 at 10:14 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

I suppose it depends on what you are experiencing...

The mouse has a "resolution" which is an OS (Windows/Apple) setting. Some mice have buttons to change mouse resolution on the fly.

In Windows, the setting is in Mouse Properties->Pointer Options (tab)->Pointer Speed (slider)

THe OS sends mouse info into the viewer. The setting affects mouse speed in the viewer... and all apps.

In BD on the Camera page of Preferences, there are several Camera Settings. Play with those. You can Ctrl+LMB-click on a slider to return it to the default setting. (RMB-click returns the setting to its previous setting.)

It is CTRL + RMB for default. You might want to correct that.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.