Two Groups Set In Parcel?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello and good day,

I'm curious to know if it is possible to have 2 groups set on parcels/land. I have a "Land Management" group that I intend to deed the land ownership toward, and this is a group with exclusive membership access. It would not be ideal nor beneficial to have every single group member join that group just have rez rights on the land, so I am hoping that I can still select a separate group whilst the "Land Management" group holds ownership? Is there any other way to have rez controlled by a group separate from land ownership, without disabling the autoreturn?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

1 minute ago, diamond Marchant said:

A parcel can be deeded to one group but that group can have multiple roles with different permissions assigned. You get to assign members to roles.

Unfortunately, this option doesn't work for us, as 10 roles in one group isn't enough for the purpose we use it for. This led to the creation of 2 groups totaling 20 roles used, hence why I need to discover a way to have one group responsible for ownership, and a second group tied to the land for rez rights.

1 hour ago, ArchayonLegionAdmin said:

Unfortunately, this option doesn't work for us, as 10 roles in one group isn't enough for the purpose we use it for. This led to the creation of 2 groups totaling 20 roles used, hence why I need to discover a way to have one group responsible for ownership, and a second group tied to the land for rez rights.

As far i know, and i'm pretty sure :) it's not possible what you want.
The only thing that comes closer to a solution like yours is buying a private region, fill the important roles with 15 estate managers*, and the others with the group. But the real owner of the region can only be a person, not a group. The land itself can be set or deeded to a group, but that's seperate from the region owning.
Also there, will be only one dominant group with abilities. You can set access for more groups but for powers and abilities there's no possibility.

*) keep in mind that Estatemangers have more power as a group!.. only use very very trusted people for that, they can destroy and ruin éverything.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 7:50 AM, ArchayonLegionAdmin said:

a bit late.. perhaps it would work when you combine roles. People can have several roles assigned, from role one with only set home, till role 9 with nearly all abillities, rol ten for owners only... (all as example) you could combine 1,2,3,4, or even up to 10 roles.

17 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I have a region with a parcel for which group members are unable to change music settings, even though that box is checked for them in abilities. Do I need to deed that parcel to the group to fix it? I hadn't done this because it didn't occur to me it might be necessary, not being mainland. 

group abilities on non deeded land are always limited, even with the boxes checked. The land has to be group owned (deeded) to be in full control by the group.
No difference between Estate and Mainland.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.