How to properly block a forum user?

Lewis Nerd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Lewis Nerd said:

... and when you get the same people just "laughing" react to every post I make regardless of where it is... it really makes you feel welcome doesn't it.

If this is bothering you that bad it might be a good idea to just step away for a little while and come back later. Not saying you have to, but I've been in a position where I was on a forum taking offense to absolutely everything and it was making me upset. For the sake of your own mental health, maybe.

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 3

On 10/30/2023 at 9:07 AM, Lewis Nerd said:

Jury's still out on that at the moment.  I suppose the question is that pretty much nobody here (or, for that matter, active any more) really remembers or knows me from when I was more active on the old forums, so would anyone notice if I wasn't here any more and just went back to messing about in-world and enjoying myself there.

Unless I am confusing you with someone else, I'm pretty sure I remember you posting on SLU for a bit years ago.

On 10/29/2023 at 5:03 AM, Lewis Nerd said:

That seems very counterintuitive but not entirely unexpected.  It is a pretty basic function of any social media platform and SL/forums are no different.

Why shouldn't I have the right to block any interactions with an individual I don't want to interact with in any way?  In the forums they wouldn't be able to respond to anything I post, and in-world it wouldn't affect them in any way except being not able to contact me or visit the land I own.

Why should you have the right to post here and prevent someone from seeing what you post? If you did this you could post about them, and they would not be able to defend themselves, there is nothing fair about that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.