I don't know if someone or something activated a script in me and it won't stop bowing and I don't know how to stop it.

KAYLA Spicy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The user with the name "*" in secondlife is forcing my avatar to do poses and I don't know how to stop it "THIS IS NOT RLV" "THIS IS NOT A PRODUCT OR I DOUBT IT IS A SCRIPT" Because I already tried using the Default avatar that it assigns Secondlife when you create an account that does not have any additional products added and it still continues doing the animations so I don't know what it will be, can someone help me or provide me with support in secondlife? I can pay if necessary, I am separated and I want to stop these forced animations

Edited by KAYLA Spicy

Does it happen in the SL viewer?   We all gave our best answers in your last post about the same issue.  

If it's an experience that you have allowed at one point, try this...

How to leave an experience

To leave an experience by revoking its permissions, you may either Forget or Block it:

1. Choose Me > Experiences... from the top menu bar. The Experiences window opens.
  2. Click the Allowed tab on the Experiences window.
  3. Find the name of the experience you wish to leave, and click its name. The Experience Profile window opens.
  4. In the Experience Profile window, click either Forget or Block.
Edited by Rowan Amore

Oh and remove the name of the person since it's against the forum rules to name people.  Best advice if nothing else works?  Stop standing around that person?

16 minutes ago, KAYLA Spicy said:

if I'm close to that User, it starts doing the animations again.

32 minutes ago, KAYLA Spicy said:

I'm using the default secondlife avatar, and the official secondlife viewer logs in and if I'm close to that User, it starts doing the animations again. So I suspect the problem must be caused by that person and not something else.

Once a script has permission to animate you, you can't really revoke it. The obvious solution in this situation is to stay away from that person (and file an abuse report on them).

The person needs to be in the same sim as you to play animations on you.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, KAYLA Spicy said:

Is there really no way to remove that permission? And will it stay there forever?

That is unfortunately how it works. A script keeps permissions forever (for one avatar at a time), unless they request new permissions.

The "revoke permissions" option in our viewers works only for non-attached objects, but even then, any copies of the script in the griefer's inventory will still keep their permission to animate you.

31 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

That is unfortunately how it works. A script keeps permissions forever (for one avatar at a time), unless they request new permissions.

The "revoke permissions" option in our viewers works only for non-attached objects, but even then, any copies of the script in the griefer's inventory will still keep their permission to animate you.

Would blocking the offending person not disable it? If not, this is a very poorly thought out loophole.

3 minutes ago, KAYLA Spicy said:

And seriously, not even an admin or any official SL person can disable that?

if you want answer on that question you have to contact support.
Keep the ticket brief, without emotional outbursts, and straight to the point, so they know what the problem is.
(and just one ticket please, as here multiple threads is not helping)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Is there a legit use case for having permissions persist for items in inventory?

If this really is an irrevocable situation, this is a bug.

If someone can make that happen with a simple, reproducible, example,  it would help to write it up as a JIRA. Make a scripted prim that, when sat on, makes an avatar do something once every few seconds when nearby. Demonstrate that none of the standard ways to stop it work. Make a video. Put a link to the video and the text of the script in the JIRA. Consider marking the JIRA as security-related; that's a checkbox.

Then come to Server User Group (Every Tuesday, noon, Denby) and bring it up with the developers. Do the JIRA first. Otherwise you'll be told to file a JIRA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, animats said:

Is there a legit use case for having permissions persist for items in inventory?

If this really is an irrevocable situation, this is a bug.

If someone can make that happen with a simple, reproducible, example,  it would help to write it up as a JIRA. Make a scripted prim that, when sat on, makes an avatar do something once every few seconds when nearby. Demonstrate that none of the standard ways to stop it work. Make a video. Put a link to the video and the text of the script in the JIRA. Consider marking the JIRA as security-related; that's a checkbox.

Then come to Server User Group (Every Tuesday, noon, Denby) and bring it up with the developers. Do the JIRA first. Otherwise you'll be told to file a JIRA.

It's documented on the wiki:

"For Viewer 3.6.7 and up: If the object is not attached to the permission granter but is in the same region, then Me>Movement>Stop Animating Me will revoke both PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION and PERMISSION_OVERRIDE_ANIMATIONS (other permissions will remain)."

You can only revoke permissions from objects within the same region as you, not objects grid-wide. An avatar's inventory is also not "an object in a region," so it kinda follows.

We also don't necessarily want all scripts to lose permissions once taken to inventory. There are use-cases (like rezzing) where persistent permissions are necessary. Changing this would definitely be a breaking change.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
region, not sim, damn it!
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 6:43 PM, animats said:

Well off the top of my head...

You sit on a sofa, it asks for animating permissions, end of the evening you stand up and log out.

Next day the owner of the sofa, takes the thing back to inventory, so as not to lose all the settings, while they rebuild, then they re rez the saved copy, you log in, say "wow nice rebuild" and sit on the sofa, no annoying permission popups.

That's the kind of thing that was probably in mind when it was originally made, in a time when more furniture was NO COPY, and experiences didn't exist to auto grant permissions.

Sitting on furniture that DIDN'T save permissions meant you ended up in default noob sit, every damn time till you clicked that permissions popup.

Not a 'bug' but "Working As Intended Back In Ancient Times".

On 10/28/2023 at 3:45 AM, KAYLA Spicy said:
I use Firestorm

I haven't tested it but there was some talk a while ago that Firestorm Animation Explorer now has the ability (which it never had previously) to block/black list animations which are triggered by a script another user is wearing

if so then this would be a solution to your issue

if Firestorm doesn't have this new ability then there is a LSL scripted solution for the problem of being animated by a script being worn by another person (which we can point you in the direction of if the Firestorm Animation Explore doesn't resolve the issue)

Well this thread is illuminating. Are we really saying there's no way this person can (easily) block an animation that is being triggered by another user!? I always thought the revoke permissions option was for this purpose exactly...

Edited by AmeliaJ08

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.