What to do with the other 512m

UnilWay SpiritWeaver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you have a camper, 512 Sakura, 512 Newbrooke, or even old-style linden home - what have you done with the other 512m of tier on that account?

Spent a bit of time today wandering around and thinking about this for my second alt. My own specific case is complicated by me already having a 1024m lot on mainland due to my main account being premium plus. In the end I could solve this question by cutting that account to regular premium.

But I'm still curious to see people who are on 512 lots in Belli show off what they've done with the rest of their land tier.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I've used an extra 512 mainland for many things such as an art gallery and a little place to build in private but my favourite was creating this little cottage overlooking Rosedale an renting it out 

51988434659_96ab4c3672_o.jpg

i love that cottage:) 
even more difficult to decorate as a linden camper :) 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

51988434659_96ab4c3672_o.jpg

That's a nice cottage build. I've wandered around a bit looking at spots and thinking of ideas. Hard to find a good spot at 512m that I also felt I would use. Still on the fence on taking the second alt premium too - went back to the spots I was thinking over to see if the 'bug' to get one of the 512 linden homes was still biting.

• Like 3

I made a prim copy of a Tahoe home, miniaturized it and put it on a 512 parcel of land for my fairy avatar.

Snapshot_134.thumb.png.4f3982697a4734704dca4aba39943d9d.png

It is kind of like having two linden homes, one on mainland and one in Bellisseria.  You can see my avatar standing in the grass, a bit too small for regular sized avatars.  I shrunk it down because my fairy avatar is really small and doesn't need that big of a home, and so I could have a little yard I can play around in.  Not gorgeous, but I had fun customizing it plus I still have a lot of Li left in my property.  It is right next to the road, so I can rez my vehicles and take off for a spin when I want to.

Snapshot_135.thumb.png.88c246b5650b6ce2f44951e7ccf8934e.png

A picture of my regular sized avatar in the kitchen, which is still shorter than most avatars in SL.  I imagine a lot of avatars would have their head poking through the ceiling , which would make quite a conversation piece in my bedroom above 😜 For my fairy avatar, it all is setup for the right size though, I just adjust my camera and it looks like a regular sized home.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I made a prim copy of a Tahoe home, miniaturized it and put it on a 512 parcel of land for my fairy avatar.

Snapshot_134.thumb.png.4f3982697a4734704dca4aba39943d9d.png

It is kind of like having two linden homes, one on mainland and one in Bellisseria.  You can see my avatar standing in the grass, a bit too small for regular sized avatars.  I shrunk it down because my fairy avatar is really small and doesn't need that big of a home, and so I could have a little yard I can play around in.  Not gorgeous, but I had fun customizing it plus I still have a lot of Li left in my property.  It is right next to the road, so I can rez my vehicles and take off for a spin when I want to.

Some people might turn a prim copy of an old Linden Home into a mesh version, to lower its Land Impact even more.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Some people might turn a prim copy of an old Linden Home into a mesh version, to lower its Land Impact even more.

I've thought about it, but the whole house only takes 30 Li, that includes a bunch of addons I included such as the stairwell, extra walls, and second floor.  It is a lot less than what the typical Tahoe homes are, because I did not need to use as many prims as they did and I could change the physics.  I think it is a total of 59 prims, all set to convex hull and linked together so it doesn't take very much thankfully.  I've played around with mesh a little bit, but for me to get it lower would be really difficult.  I could export it as mesh I think from firestorm, but am afraid I would never get the LOD right.  

Plus I like to occasionally make modifications to it.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.