Make Second Life Great Again.

P14Y3R

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

To the OP: Will you be selling red hats printed with "MSLGA"?

I'd buy that hat.

18 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You haven't been able to use bots to buy land with for years. Maybe try catching up on all the changes over the past 10 years.

17 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Its not bots, its reserved bids. All you have to do to win an auction is to place a reserve bid so high that a land flipper won't be able to make any profit when he buys it and relists it to flip it. Of course, generally flippers have deeper pockets than you, so yes, you will lose almost every time. That's why auctions are a waste of time. Its much better to use the inworld land search and find parcels that desperate owners are trying to dump for pennies before next months tier is due.

But you gotta be fast, because flippers search the land listings every day too, and that nice roadside parcel that someone sold at a loss for $1L per sqm  yesterday will be back on the market for $5 L per sq m tomorrow.

And someone will buy it. 😁

There's definitely bots involved in some form.

17 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Just aybe 2 or 3 weeks ago I got rid of a small 480m plot by setting it to below $1l/m Within seconds it was in someone else's name and an orange cloud was standing next to me.

If they're not using bots - they're using something equally useful.

Exactly. Any time I want to dump land quick I set it the same and instantly someone shows up. It's not always a bot looking avatar, but they're definitely using some tool. 

• Like 4

To each their own. I see this as a fun place to enter and explore. I'm not personally interested in owning land, but when I have looked into it, the upfront cost of owning it seems to be nominal in comparison to ongoing tier fees.

Plenty of options to enjoy land that others have created, developed and maintained.

Yes it can be expensive to buy things inworld, but thats a choice. One can find plenty to enjoy without spending a dime. Its really your experience to curate.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Anthony McGregor said:

Oh, I like the sound of being part of a herd and anyway, I think Second Life is enjoyable, exciting, fun so is great already. You should hear me screaming in RL when I am trying to stop my plane in SL from crashing. Totally immersed.

You better hope no one in your house caught it on video and make you into a TikTok viral sensation.

• Haha 2

Don't feed the crypto trolls, people.

14 hours ago, Randall Ahren said:

If this was a troll, the OP would have replied a few times already to lure in more people.

I think they're too busy getting filthy rich in [insert trendy metaverse du jour - as seen on TwitterX].

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.