How Did Objects Mysteriously Get Placed On My Property?

BobCates

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I mysteriously found two objects that were in my building.  

I don't allow others to build or drop stuff in my building. I'm the only one allowed.

I went ahead and deleted the objects but looking at who owned the objects, it showed as me.  The creator is from a store I do shop at.  But I'm confused as to how the objects ended up rezzed there as I know that I didn't buy them and I for sure didn't rezz them there in the building.

My only thought is perhaps the store gave me free stuff and I accepted?  But if so, would that cause items to automatically rezz? I don't think so.

Hopefully, somebody can shed some light for me.  Even more, hopefully this won't be a recurring thing.

Thanks in advance!

18 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Did you accidentally rezz an unpacker hud? Sometimes when I do that, the hud is transparent on all sides but one, so I just think it didn't rezz at all, until I see the room from a different angle and there's a random rectangle just sitting there.

I don't think so but can't say 100%.  I have an adult office RP location.  What was added (rezzed) on a desk area was a sex toy and a laptop. At first I thought perhaps someone put that there as a joke.  But don't know how that's possible as I have me as only one who can rezz.    I know for sure I didn't go out and buy them but oddly when I checked the owner, it showed as me.  A  mystery.  To rule out any possibility that somehow a person got my avatar log in, I went ahead and changed my password and added 2FA (MFA) on my account. 

What Rowan says is exactly what it sounds like. If the desk has animations, it quite likely has props that rez to go with those animations. You say you have a RP location, which implies that other avatars can enter the parcel and presumably use the furniture. Check the desk's menu (or the creator of the rezzed objects) and you'll probably have your answer. My guess is that some visitors have been playing on your desk. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are they objects that are IN the desk?  As in objects that attach when specific animations in the desk are triggered?

5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What Rowan says is exactly what it sounds like. If the desk has animations, it quite likely has props that rez to go with those animations. You say you have a RP location, which implies that other avatars can enter the parcel and presumably use the furniture. Check the desk's menu (or the creator of the rezzed objects) and you'll probably have your answer. My guess is that some visitors have been playing on your desk. 

Yes,  this must be the source.  On the desk, I have a sex engine that can gives objects.  I see that both the laptop and sex toy are among the objects.  When I tried to duplicate, they disappear after I stand up.  But apparently for whatever reason, they didn't disappear after whomever used them.  At least part of the riddle is solved.    Thanks!

• Like 4

• Moles

The objects rez and ask for permission to attach (or auto attach if they are part of an experience the person has agreed to). If they cannot attach they will just sit there rezzed if the creator hasn't accounted for that possibility and made them die if not attached. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, assuming this is an AVsitter-scripted device (because most things are these days), making the items temporary would be the "belt and suspenders" approach—if you can. Many of these rezzed objects are no-mod (not just their scripts but the objects themselves) for no good reason.* But if you can make that change, go for it.

These particular items might be rezzed as static, freestanding props ("PROP" in AVsitter parlance), as opposed to temp attachments ("PROP1" items), Both are supposed to be removed by AVsitter when there's no relevant pose playing or if they fail to attach, but there are so many possible conditions it wouldn't be surprising if some aren't detected. (E.g., if an object is rezzed and told to temp-attach to an avatar that has no attachment slots remaining, that object is in a kind of limbo where it's already changed ownership to the intended recipient but it's stranded, unable to be attached. Pretty sure AVsitter handles that particular problem, but it's one example of why those scripts are so complicated and difficult to get right.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.