How are you using Land Experiences on your Linden Home parcels?

Leora Greenwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I always add AVsitter (by Code Violet) and Caroline Planer's experiences to every parcel. There might be others depending on what I rez there, but those two are standard for me.

EDIT: Caroline is the creator behind No.59, and I like her stuff a lot. She mixes great drinks 🙂

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

We use secondlife:///app/experience/bfe25fb4-222c-11e5-85a2-fa4c4ccaa202/profile (AVsitter by Code Violet) for props to auto-attach and detach without asking permission over and over and secondlife:///app/experience/96bdaa76-6a05-11e7-810a-fa4c4ceccb2f/profile (Experience caroline Planer) for the No59 drinks to automatically be sipped, and detach when finished and a few others I can't recall without being right there to look ;-D

Great topic, by the way!  YAY!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From what I understand, Experiences are a tool to allow persistent permission consistently until revoked, in order to allow a more immersive environment without permission request nags.  The Creator of an Experience is responsible for its description and scope. Here's a link to the LSL portal https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Experience_Tools  and the Knowledge Base which has a great video (under 4 minutes) about Experiences and shows the Cornfield Experience 😃

As an example, my partner created a General rated Experience to allow seamless teleports, sometimes triggering a teleport scripted to activate on collision with an object like walking through a door or a tunnel and instantly (relatively) arriving in another location and sometimes the activation of the teleport requires an object or a face of an object to be touched to trigger the effect.  A General rated Experience won't allow permission for activity requiring higher level permissions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I've never played with experiences, but if I were a mole I would, to see if one could eliminate the appearance of an underwater tunnel being flooded.  I made this suggestion two years ago, and @Dyna Mole agreed that it was worth trying.  The basic scripting wouldn't be hard, but might require some fiddling to get the desired look.  I went through a tunnel just to see if anything like this had been done, but no.  I doubt this would involve the user setting up EEP in any special way, and I also doubt you'd have to use the region/parcel environment to see the effect.

...If you made an experience triggered when you enter the tunnel, then it could use llSetAgentEnvironment to  set water fog and blur while underwater, which I bet are what give you the underwater look.  I don't know if you'd have to use EEP to see the change, or maybe you'd have to have your viewer set to use region/parcel environment settings by default. The experience could be limited to that region (or maybe parcel?), which would probably mitigate the effect of TPing out that Matthew mentioned.  Presumably sailors and aeronauts going over the tunnel would not encounter the experience at all.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.