Listen in on 2 girls 1 podcast - 20 years of Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a really great time speaking with Matt Silverman, the hosts of 2 Girls 1 podcast, and Hamlet Au of New World Notes. It was a fun chat that reminded me so much of the early years of SL and what has made this such an amazing adventure. We talk about the beginnings of SL, its highs and lows, TTP, Bellasaria, and what we hope for the future of SL. Hamlet and I are

starting at the 28-minute mark, I come in at around 42 minutes. It really was a lot of fun. Check out Hamlet's book Making a Metaverse that Matters. You can listen on Spotify or Apple podcasts both links are below.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/second-life-turns-20-and-its-still-the-metaverse/id1285444706?i=1000620472875

https://www.amazon.com/Making-Metaverse-That-Matters-Fighting/dp/1394155816

Edited by Sparkely Sugar
added information
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm not paying for a subscription I can't afford just to listen to ONE podcast. You've all (corporate America) already nickel and dimed me to death and now you want my blood. Never going to happen. Yes, I'm pissed. I'm sick of being punished for being low income and female.

1. A subscription is required for the Apple Music service.

image.thumb.png.eef72f286ac23f84339417a55ef1c29e.png

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Alexa played "Two Girls, One Podcast" for me but it was two girls talking in Vietnamese!

I had to look at the Alexa device screen to make sure Alexa was attempting to play anything remotely like what I asked for.

Answer: Yep, there's a Vietnamese podcast by the same name!  (But spelled out, "Two Girls One Podcast".)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 2

I posted most of this elsewhere but it still pertains:  This is such a great podcast! I am listening now and it is interesting and refreshing to hear all the stories. Nuttin we don't already know as residents (except the definition of TTP, I had never heard that before, LOL. Guess cuz I am not a dude!)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

I had a really great time speaking with Matt Silverman, the hosts of 2 Girls 1 podcast, and Hamlet Au of New World Notes. It was a fun chat that reminded me so much of the early years of SL and what has made this such an amazing adventure. We talk about the beginnings of SL, its highs and lows, TTP, Bellasaria, and what we hope for the future of SL. Hamlet and I are on starting at the 28-minute mark, I come in at around 42 minutes. It really was a lot of fun. Check out Hamlet's book Making a Metaverse that Matters.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/second-life-turns-20-and-its-still-the-metaverse/id1285444706?i=1000620472875

https://www.amazon.com/Making-Metaverse-That-Matters-Fighting/dp/1394155816

Thank you, I've bookmarked it to listen to later.

I read Hamlet's first book, written round about the time I became a resident of Second Life, and found it really interesting, as I'm sure his current one is. 

• Like 1

I found the intro too annoying..maybe some other time I'll try to push through it.

But the link Ingrid provided worked - for free - with me with zero hassles.

5 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I don't have apple music service either and i was able to listen to it. 

image.thumb.png.06691af80437212c9ba50cba72beccbf.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 4:39 PM, Sparkely Sugar said:

Sorry I thought I had posted both links you can listen on Spotify for free 

The Guided Tour episode just landed in my Stitcher lineup so am listening now.  Thank you for posting these!  I agree that the girls can be raucous and silly but I have friends like that so I can take them and, at least in the first SL podcast, they settled down and made a great podcast.  😀

Edited to add:  this discussion rather leaned into the things we(I??) fear won't lead to growth in SL: a complicated onboarding experience for noobies and an emphasis on sex.  Maybe I am just naive and need to accept that SL will forever be a niche experience but my personal hope is that more and more folks will explore it and enjoy it.  But the folks on the podcast did sound as if they planned to come back to SL so I would like to see them explore a wider variety of clubs, some shopping events, an art gallery, some of the places that run classes for noobs and some of the libraries.  We can hope!

Edited by Leora Greenwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.