You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am relatively still new to SL and find it hard to meet people who aren't trying to ***** everytime I step into an area; I'm seeking for genuine SL relationships and friendships that I want to feel fond about and share my SL life with without the need for drama.

Type of person I am:

* Introverted as *****! (I need an extrovert friend to adopt my loner ass lol)

* patient person and easy to talk to.

* Open-minded and barely phased by ***** anymore (trust me, there is nothing anyone can say that surprises me no more)

* Pansexual so I want someone who is also of the LGBTQ community or isn't homophobic.

* I'm black and female (so is my avatar); so please if you are in anyway offended or feel 'Particular' about that, back off. (I've only been on SL for 3 weeks and have met 2 racist idiots)

* I have ADHD so my attention span is all over (I apologise in advance)

* I love horror movies/Anime/Music (Kpop, rap, pop, rock & roll, instumentals, Nightcore)

* I love dark humor, I use it all the time (can you tell I have trauma?) 

like I said I want friends, cool and genuine friends!

If that's you, Hi! *waves*

• Like 5

You could try joining some groups for the things you are interested in.  Some groups have very active and friendly chats going, so it's a nice way to interact with people publicly without the constant approaches for sexual relations.  Go to some of the group's events to meet people in person.

I haven't checked out your inworld profile, but if it's not filled out, put some stuff in there about what you are looking for.  Make "picks" to put in more information about yourself and the things you like.  Basically, you want to put something in there that could start a conversation.  It helps others interact with you in the beginning.  If you already filled out your profile, never mind.

If you like music clubs, pick a few out that seem friendly and go to them several times.  Follow along with the local chat and toss something out occasionally.  The more you go to the same places, the more likely you will be to meet other regulars and just be accepted as part of the group.  Friendships take time, so you have to start somewhere.

Best of luck in finding your extrovert!  I am a firm believer that every introvert needs one to drag them out into the world.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I am a firm believer that every introvert needs one to drag them out into the world.

Why, though? It's full of people. Ew. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, @RosalineBambi — Depending on where you stumble into, you can meet some really great folks or some really nasty ones. Most ppl in SL are pretty kindhearted, all in all.

There's a weekly meetup at Cornbread Cafe in Ash Grove that lasts a couple/three hours. We chat about whatever. No racists. No trolls. No horndogs. Shoot me an IM if you want particulars. Visit Ash Grove if you want to check the place out: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Vile Chapel/59/28/47

And explore. Some of my best friends I've just met while I was out walking around!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, undevoted said:

Being an introvert in SL is one of the hardest parts about it haha, I want to meet people and have an amazing friend group BUT then again, I want to stay home and hide under a blanket with snacks.. usually the latter wins 

Same @undevoted. This is the usual for many of us! The most socializing I tend to do is when I'm out on business rather than pleasure, lol. 

@RosalineBambi, hi! Let's chat! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, undevoted said:

Being an introvert in SL is one of the hardest parts about it haha, I want to meet people and have an amazing friend group BUT then again, I want to stay home and hide under a blanket with snacks..

Hiding under a blanket with snacks is great. But as a vampire, I still have to go out there to find the snacks and lure them to my lair. Sighs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, undevoted said:

What if the snacks had snacks? does that count :P

Absolutely, I encourage it - as well as proper hydration. Makes them .. Last longer. 

1 minute ago, undevoted said:

of course, can't be nomming on a dusty snack now can you?

I don't think I ever met anyone who enjoyed a dusty snack! 

we all come to SL as noobs) at first I'm too lazy to read something or watch a video about the game. just wandering) dances, parties, some acquaintances, here is a vampire, here is a hero - a deer, here is a sweaty abuser)) It starts to come when someone says - it's time for you to do something with your avatar. Then you start learning something, searching, asking questions)) I am a very closed person in the sense of friends. both in RL and in SL) when you get so tired of people in RL, you come home tired from work. dead and exhausted. then you rest in SL. personally, I don't like risk, I don't like any RL. soft and fabulous, without blood. That's why many acquaintances are disappointed in me) they have missions and tasks - I have a sluggish, flowing life. Butterflies and kittens)) I have few friends. but when there is a problem - everyone writes) so we don't interfere with each other - everyone has their own SL) Learning SL is better with someone) alone is difficult).😘😀

Edited by Enola2017
added
  • Like 1

You could do some fish hunt, crystal craze maybe even a bit of lindo. Do something that you enjoy and hopefully you'll find others along the way. I know it is hard to meet friends in secondlife but best thing I can really suggest is to just get out there to the clubs and where there's crowds of random people lurking about. Personally I've met most people from doing fishing and playing games to earn lindens and from club hopping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.