STILL happening in 2023..WTF SL -.-

Thiala Fuchs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

15 answers to this question

What exactly did you take off that caused the issue?  Layer order is important when using BOM.  From the picture, it looks as if you removed the actual Face layer.  Unless the skin you are using is a full body (meaning head and body) made for EvoX head, there will be a tattoo or universal BOM layer that should be first.  Any other BOM layers are placed on top of the Skin layer.  You can adjust the position of these layers in the edit window using the arrows.  Move the Face layer to the bottom.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rowan Amore my question is how is this still happening after all these years. And I took off an eyeshadow layer I had just put on, I have 4 layers on my face at all times, with the addition of eyeshadows and lipsticks, and other random things. I am very good at working with layers and have only experienced this issue with my evo x head this past week, but it sticks and I have to relog every time. Probably happened 4 times now in past few days. I haven't changed anything so I can't figure out what is causing it. Below is the usual me, 6 layers on face, no issues.

Rolig Loon I have had issues like this since I joined 15 years ago, just haven't experienced them for a long time now, so the issues coming back is kinda mind blowing in this day and age.

bef381c863bc2efc3bbd1e750e4acbad.png

Been here for about 16.5 years as well and this (multiple wearables getting detached when one is removed) is new to me.

Small thing to point out that while the eyeliner and skin are missing from the head, the lip-shine and diamonds around the eyes are still there. The blue makeup on the ears seems to be gone as well, is that supposed to be part of the eyeliner or is it separate?

And most importantly, is the skin for the head actually detached if you look at it in your inventory when this happens?

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

10 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

So, uhm, mesh head is missing so the baked textures are showing on the base body parts?  Apparently, the UV maps differ vastly.  

The base LL body's head does not look that good. We're seeing the opposite - the default skin (when no skin texture is selected) is showing up on the EvoX head, which has its own UV mapping.

Wulfie Reanimator no I was on 2 screens at same time and on my bf's laptop I was still completely rezzed properly with only the missing eyeshadow I removed, yet on my desktop it was as you see in original post.

Ardy Lay no I still had on my evo x head on the whole time, as Wulfie said it was my makeup/skin that went missing on my screen lol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thiala Fuchs said:

on my bf's laptop I was still completely rezzed properly with only the missing eyeshadow I removed, yet on my desktop it was as you see in original post.

So, it sounds like a local problem with your graphics card (or some related hard/software) messing up the image on that machine.  Otherwise, I can't begin to imagine why you would have the problem on that machine and not on your bf's laptop. 

• Like 2

It's not a graphic or SL problem it's a PEBCAK.

Problem Between Chair and Keyboard ;)

You probably chose wear instead of add when trying the eyeshadow and in this case the system replaces a layer, you are already wearing, in this case it took of your skin. 

Just remember to use add not wear. And this btw was NEVER a problem of SL, I had finny SL glitches through the years, like shoes in your bum after TPs but this one is not to blame on SL x3 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 8:20 PM, Thiala Fuchs said:

Wulfie Reanimator no I was on 2 screens at same time and on my bf's laptop I was still completely rezzed properly with only the missing eyeshadow I removed, yet on my desktop it was as you see in original post.

Ardy Lay no I still had on my evo x head on the whole time, as Wulfie said it was my makeup/skin that went missing on my screen lol

Lag. Asset problems. Sometimes I see a cuddle animation on my screen all fine for example and my husband sees our AO sits 😂 can happen just rebake in your case.

Gwin LeShelle I did not choose wear, as mentioned above, it showed 100% fine on my bf's laptop screen, while being borked on mine (if anyone has lag issues it should be the base model laptop and not the top of the line desktop). Also rebaking, and refreshing, did nothing. I have also had many issues with poses on both screen being different..i'm sitting fine on mine while on his I'm standing in ao mode. As I also mentioned I have had many many issues no one else I know has had, even when I have the very best comp and net available this kind of thing happens to me. -.-

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.