help avatar torso and legs hidden always

ashraf77

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Uninstall Meta..

Just Kidding hehehe

Seriously  though, are you using a mesh body  or a starter avatar body that you started with?  You could be wearing a body alpha.. If your body is a mesh body and set to BOM/Bakes On Mesh and had a body covering alpha layer, it would hide your body from the neck down..

It would also do the same  to a regular starter avatar as well..

If you are in the Second life viewer that you downloaded when you first started.. You can right click on your avatar and at the top of that menu click- Now Wearing.

If you see a white checkered looking T-shirt at the top of the list of things, that is an alpha layer.. You can right click on that and choose - Take off

If you are on Firestorm viewer, you can go to the menu at the top left and choose Avatar, Then scroll down in that menu to - Now Wearing to get to that same list.. That icon will also look like a white checkered T-shirt..

Hopefully that is what your problem is..

If you are in a mesh body , Also check your mesh hud to see if things aren't alphad out there.. you may have to remove and add your hud again if it's not responding.. sometimes those crash and  may look like everything is normal..plus if you have an alpha layer on, it won't show up as cut on the mesh body alpha cuts section of the hud..

I would just check to see if you are wearing an alpha layer that is covering your body first thing though..

• Like 2

Dears , i use firestorm , i did all ideas i see here , there is no alpha , i did reset male or female avatar , but didnt work ...

i see myself good when i edit outfit , or edit , and it keeps that for me , but others always see me alpha , and when i do undeform avatar , i see my self as others see , it is hidden body and legs ,   really i do not know what to do ,,,

49 minutes ago, ashraf77 said:

Dears , i use firestorm , i did all ideas i see here , there is no alpha , i did reset male or female avatar , but didnt work ...

i see myself good when i edit outfit , or edit , and it keeps that for me , but others always see me alpha , and when i do undeform avatar , i see my self as others see , it is hidden body and legs ,   really i do not know what to do ,,,

In this case I would rez a new body and hud from the box it came in when you got it..If you don't have the box it came in, then you can get a redeliver from where you got it..

The body itself could have crashed..That can happen at times, the only thing you can do then is rez a new  body and hud..

7 hours ago, ashraf77 said:

Why won't you tell us what mesh body you are using, if any?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Can you take a picture of what you're wearing?  Just a quick screen grab of the folder showing "worn."

I was going to suggest that but I only run the Second Life viewer, not sure what the Firestorm view looks like of the "Worn" items (not folder view, but "wearing")..

Maybe showing them the screen in Firestorm would help?

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Do a character test.   In official viewer, Me at the top menu, Avatar Health, Character Test.  This will take you to a base avatar and remove any alpha your can't find.that is being worn.

I did but nothing changed ,

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

In your inventory, there is a folder called current outfit.  Please.show what is in that folder.

as you see it is no alpha , i changed location , now in sandbox  pls help what to do

Open your received Items and check.each file.for a worn alpha.  I have one pair of shoes.that, when worn, doesn't show up in current outfit.  Not sure why either.  If it's not in one of those folders, check folders in the library.

Doing the character test should have removed it but who knows.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Open your received Items and check.each file.for a wore alpha.  I have one pair of shoes.that, when worn, doesn't show up in current outfit.  Not sure why either.  If it's not in one of those folders, check folders in the library.

Doing the character test should have removed it but who knows.  

By that logic, maybe create a new outfit from worn items and see what that outfit shows? 

Or, just wear a whole different avatar .. default System avatar, should replace everything..?

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

By that logic, maybe create a new outfit from worn items and see what that outfit shows? 

Or, just wear a whole different avatar .. default System avatar, should replace everything..?

That's what I would think as well.  Since there are no clothes being shown as worn, the only possibility that I know is an alpha.  Where it is and why it's not showing up is a mystery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's what I would think as well.  Since there are no clothes being shown as worn, the only possibility that I know is an alpha.  Where it is and why it's not showing up is a mystery.

I did check all folders  and i deleted most what is not important , and deleted trash too , there is something worn but not shown it is Firestorm LSL bridge v2.29  worn on center2  , that is locked and cannot de- attach ,,, what is that ? and how to stop it ???

4 minutes ago, ashraf77 said:

I did check all folders  and i deleted most what is not important , and deleted trash too , there is something worn but not shown it is Firestorm LSL bridge v2.29  worn on center2  , that is locked and cannot de- attach ,,, what is that ? and how to stop it ???

The bridge is to assist functions such as Movelock, Radar, Script count and shouldn't be effecting your avatar in this way.   

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bridge

At this point, I'd suggest trying the official viewer and see if the problem persists.

Edited by Rowan Amore

Just noted this...

The bridge will not detach when using wear or Replace Outfit.

Normally, you can detach the bridge.

You must be using Wear Outfit or Replace Outfit meaning you are putting on the same alpha from somewhere.  Perhaps in your outfit folders?

I don't know if anyone else has any ideas but to me, it's an alpha issue.  

When you do a character test, take a picture.  Then, remove each clothing item one at a time and see if your body is there.

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just noted this...

The bridge will not detach when using wear or Replace Outfit.

Normally, you can detach the bridge.

You must be using Wear Outfit or Replace Outfit meaning you are putting on the same alpha from somewhere.  Perhaps in your outfit folders?

I don't know if anyone else has any ideas but to me, it's an alpha issue.  

When you do a character test, take a picture.  Then, remove each clothing item one at a time and see if your body is there.

wow it is done , i just did clear cach as described in clear your Fartstorm inventory cache

Thank u so much for support ❤️ ❤️

best regards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.