Help! My face/makeup is glitching or flickering?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So over the weekend my makeup (mostly lips/brows I fixed my eyes by hiding the eye socket) are either glitching or flickering. I have updated my driver, firestorm, turned off my advanced lighting I even posted in the LeL discord (which no one answered unfortunately). Has this happened to anyone else or anyone know how to fix it? Below is a gyazo of what its doing but it's constant flickering on my lips and if I zoom out then my eyebrows do too.  Any help is much appreciated! 

https://gyazo.com/105bb59adcab41f88167121a5c0b7283

Try to post again in Lel's discord, especially in the help channel. They do have nice CSRs, but obvious they are not online 24/7. You may also check Thora Charron 's profile to see the full list of CSRs to contact either in-world directly.

Aside of already suggested cache clearing you can also give LL viewer a try, don't touch any settings, just log in and check if it's the same. But before that you can try to repair transparency and materials in the Lel's hud (the cogwheel icon) and/or grab a head redelivery.

Although if you have some friend to check how it looks for them and they see you normally, you may skip redelivery/repair part as the problem will be on your end. Either viewer settings (which you can check by logging on LL viewer with default settings) or drivers most likely.

Edited by steeljane42

When you ask a tech question like this we need to see your viewer-computer specs. Click the viewer's HELP->About... and copy and paste that info with your question.

II doubt clearing the cache will do anything other than slow your viewer down. Clearing is the absolute last step in troubleshooting.

Trying an alternate viewer and reloging along with changing regions are the first steps.

This glitch is often the result of materials or layers messing up. So, clear materials in your HUD as the next step.

Be sure you have BOM set correctly, on or off, and no alphas (if BOM on) or for sure wearing alphas (if BOM off). It can be hard to see what happens if your base classic avatar is wearing the same skin as is applied to the head and/or body.

Often you can figure out the layering problem when using appliers if you temporarily apply a much darker or lighter skin. What may look like a flicker will become an obvious poke-through.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
correctionn
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Try to post again in Lel's discord, especially in the help channel. They do have nice CSRs, but obvious they are not online 24/7. You may also check Thora Charron 's profile to see the full list of CSRs to contact either in-world directly.

Aside of already suggested cache clearing you can also give LL viewer a try, don't touch any settings, just log in and check if it's the same. But before that you can try to repair transparency and materials in the Lel's hud (the cogwheel icon) and/or grab a head redelivery.

Although if you have some friend to check how it looks for them and they see you normally, you may skip redelivery/repair part as the problem will be on your end. Either viewer settings (which you can check by logging on LL viewer with default settings) or drivers most likely.

I did do a redelivery lol but I haven't had a friend check yet so I will do that too plus look inworld for the CSR, I don't know why I didn't think of that, thank you!

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

When you ask a tech question like this we need to see your viewer-computer specs. Click the viewer's HELP->About... and copy and paste that info with your question.

II doubt clearing the cache will do anything other than slow your viewer down. Clearing is the absolute last step in troubleshooting.

Trying an alternate viewer and reloging along with changing regions are the first steps.

This glitch is often the result of materials or layers messing up. So, clear materials in your HUD as the next step.

Be sure you have BOM set correctly, on or off, and no alphas (if BOM on) or for sure wearing alphas (if BOM off). It can be hard to see what happens if your base classic avatar is wearing the same skin as is applied to the head and/or body.

Often you can figure out the layering problem when using appliers if you temporarily apply a much darker or lighter skin. What may look like a flicker will become an obvious poke-through.

This is everything in my about...I did change my skin inworld, I did try a protected land and I don't use materials inworld. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor             (3194 MHz)
Memory: 16316 MB
Concurrency: 12
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19045.2965)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics
Graphics Card Memory: 11997 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 31.0.14051.5006
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 Compatibility Profile Context 23.4.3.230420

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1l zlib/1.2.11.zlib-ng nghttp2/1.40.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v8.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.02.09
Dullahan: 1.12.4.202209142021
  CEF: 91.1.21+g9dd45fe+chromium-91.0.4472.114
  Chromium: 91.0.4472.114
LibVLC Version: 3.0.16
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: MetaHarper Modern (BlackGlass)
Window size: 2560x1017 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1.15
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium (3/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: Dynamic (512 MB min / 10% Cache / 10% VRAM)
Disk cache: Max size 1920.0 MB (37.8% used)
Built with MSVC version 1934
May 22 2023 18:30:55 SLT

Just have to ask, even though you probably aren't, you couldn't possibly be wearing two of your head by accident could you? Someone else already suggested checking if others can see the same flickering. So your redelivery didn't change anything? When you use the makeup HUD to clear your layers do you still see flickering or only with makeup applied? Hope your problem fixes soon. :)

12 hours ago, Ze Helix said:

Just have to ask, even though you probably aren't, you couldn't possibly be wearing two of your head by accident could you? Someone else already suggested checking if others can see the same flickering. So your redelivery didn't change anything? When you use the makeup HUD to clear your layers do you still see flickering or only with makeup applied? Hope your problem fixes soon. :)

Even when using the LeL Hud I still see it which is so weird. I cleared everything and I don't use materials. I did make sure to delete everything and I have one alpha on but its for the eyes since I don't use BOM eyes. I'm at a complete loss. 

I mean that one lip shot does look like you have an applier or BoM, as well as using the Lelutka high res lips setting since there's obviously two things turned on. If you've confirmed in the Lel HUD that you've gone to lips (and brows) HD and cleared that, perhaps try making sure in your body HUD that all appliers/layers are also turned off? Could you have demoed something that's still on? Have you tried getting naked, saving a naked version of yourself, looking at the Worn palette and seeing if there is anything besides your BoM skin being worn? Could it partly be the BoM head skin you're wearing? Really weird.

19 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I mean that one lip shot does look like you have an applier or BoM, as well as using the Lelutka high res lips setting since there's obviously two things turned on. If you've confirmed in the Lel HUD that you've gone to lips (and brows) HD and cleared that, perhaps try making sure in your body HUD that all appliers/layers are also turned off? Could you have demoed something that's still on? Have you tried getting naked, saving a naked version of yourself, looking at the Worn palette and seeing if there is anything besides your BoM skin being worn? Could it partly be the BoM head skin you're wearing? Really weird.

it is weird! Last night I reset all my settings in my FS viewer and I think it fixed it? I don't see it happening now. So win? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OpheliaRose Ravenhurst said:

Thank you everyone for all your help! I was in my FS viewer preferences last night and I hit reset on my settings and it stopped the glitching etc. So I will take it as a win for now! 

Yay!!!!!!! Next up?

A stream will change at a venue and Firestorm will drop the new one, and no amount of toggling on/off will get it to play. You'll have to TP out and back and voila, stream playing fine. I loves my Firestorm but this glitch drives me mad.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Yay!!!!!!! Next up?

A stream will change at  avenue and Firestorm will drop the new one, and no amount of toggling on/off will get it to play. You'll have to TP out and back and voila, stream playing fine. I loves my Firestorm but this glitch drives me mad.

ooo that is good to know..thank you!

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:43 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

Yay!!!!!!! Next up?

A stream will change at a venue and Firestorm will drop the new one, and no amount of toggling on/off will get it to play. You'll have to TP out and back and voila, stream playing fine. I loves my Firestorm but this glitch drives me mad.

Do you have the media filter on? I'm not sure if it would make a difference or not.. but that little pop up window has really never let me down when they go to switching streams.. Even if they go back and forth a couple of times it will back log them and  you have to click them until you get to the most recent..

I haven't had a stream  do that on a change up, so figured i would ask if you are using the filters or not..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.