If everyone is happy, how can it be a bad thing?

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The they I refer to is people in this very forum that have suggested those very things to eliminate the "scourge" of micro parcels and networked advertising, oh and rounding tier up to 128 for each micro parcel

I'm a longstanding member of the Arbor Project, but I have come around to the more radical view that parcels less than 144m² (the floor condition for Places Search) should only be transferrable through the Linden land team, not directly resident-to-resident. In an ideal world this wouldn't be necessary but there's just too much microparcel activity again for Governance to stop the damage and the Land team to repair it, unless equipped with better enforcement tools.

I'd also favor every microparcel with a violating build be immediately swapped with a corresponding parcel on an "adfarmer cornfield" region containing nothing but tightly packed microparcels. (They, too, didn't buy the view, and they don't pay enough tier to matter.)

But fortunately for Arbor, Xerxes has always been more patient and diplomatic than some of us.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm a longstanding member of the Arbor Project, but I have come around to the more radical view that parcels less than 144m² (the floor condition for Places Search) should only be transferrable through the Linden land team, not directly resident-to-resident. In an ideal world this wouldn't be necessary but there's just too much microparcel activity again for Governance to stop the damage and the Land team to repair it, unless equipped with better enforcement tools.

I'd also favor every microparcel with a violating build be immediately swapped with a corresponding parcel on an "adfarmer cornfield" region containing nothing but tightly packed microparcels. (They, too, didn't buy the view, and they don't pay enough tier to matter.)

But fortunately for Arbor, Xerxes has always been more patient and diplomatic than some of us.

No idea what search you are using, but all land sales show up on the inworld search.

Annnd once again, you are confusing ad farming with networked advertising.

Do you even understand the difference? Thank fully Linden Lab does.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

No idea what search you are using, but all land sales show up on the inworld search.

Read my post before you reply. It's not mysterious, secret knowledge. I even provided a link.

Also, I'm not confusing adfarming and network advertising. There's one Mainland policy that deals with everything from ad  hoarding specs to landsplitting. Thankfully the Lab recognized it's all one big, self-feeding problem and all participants contribute—even if they feign obliviousness.

• Like 4

what was always sounded/looked unfair to my senses was the fact that people who are named landlords - or middle men - are/have been accused for... whatever and everything... while all they earn is like 10% or at the best senario 20% and they spend endless hours INSIDE SL to SERVE their clients....  and from the other hand,  those merchants who simply buy and sell lands make 100% or way more sometimes and nobody ever blame them...
Its because:  Nobody SEE them, while "everybody" see the landlords..
Easy target!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Wow, so advertising on microparcels made them a millionaire? And naysayers in here say no one pays attention to micro parcel ads.

Looks like it was a donut cutout too, and a terrible location, at the base of that slope.

How much you know! 🙀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We know there are that many because we have identified that many specific locations in SL. There are probably more.

And who would buy a 512 with a 16 sq m piece cut out of the middle? No one on purpose. The are usually disguised with some sort of build so that the missing plot isn't visible when you get the parcel outline.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Read my post before you reply. It's not mysterious, secret knowledge. I even provided a link.

Also, I'm not confusing adfarming and network advertising. There's one Mainland policy that deals with everything from ad  hoarding specs to landsplitting. Thankfully the Lab recognized it's all one big, self-feeding problem and all participants contribute—even if they feign obliviousness.

I'm not interested in using your search engine, I was simply stating that by using the inworld search (in firestorm anyway) you can find parcels for sale all the way down to 16 sq m.

As for ad farming vs networked advertising, ad farming is always banned, networked advertising is allowed as long as the rules are followed.

I see no problem with my networked advertising, but some people like to see problems wherever they look

10 hours ago, Xerses Goff said:

We know there are that many because we have identified that many specific locations in SL. There are probably more.

And who would buy a 512 with a 16 sq m piece cut out of the middle? No one on purpose. The are usually disguised with some sort of build so that the missing plot isn't visible when you get the parcel outline.

I assume you and your associates have ARed all of them. I would think it's only a matter of time before LL takes care of them.

I suppose noobs can be deceived by hidden donut holes.

Specifically, this part...

Land parcels

Warning: There is a L$30 per week fee to show your parcel in search. Parcels must be at least 128 square meters in order to appear in the All Results or Places search. Do not spend L$30 to list parcels smaller than 128 square meters, since they won't be listed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm sure no one cares, but the 80 sq m parcel i listed for $500 L sold. Someone bought it and left it empty, perhaps just wanting the prims for another parcel on the same sim

I did notice that one of the neighbors abandoned their land a few days after I put up my ad, but, it might have just been a coincidence... maybe they downgraded to basic,  or maybe they didn't like the 100 ft tall microwave tower right in front of their front door.

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Specifically, this part...

Land parcels

Warning: There is a L$30 per week fee to show your parcel in search. Parcels must be at least 128 square meters in order to appear in the All Results or Places search. Do not spend L$30 to list parcels smaller than 128 square meters, since they won't be listed!

oic, its the web based search on the SL homepage. I have never used it. 😁

18 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm sure no one cares, but the 80 sq m parcel i listed for $500 L sold.

I hope YOU care! There are people who actually post, "I don't really care about this topic but maybe someone else does, so I'm writing this post."

• Haha 1

The newest tactic is to create microparcels and call them "stores", even if you cannot complete a transaction at that location. Hundreds have recently popped up across the mainland and LL must be buying it because they aren't doing anything to slow it down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I see no problem with my networked advertising, but some people like to see problems wherever they look

It must take a great deal of effort not to see where ad-hosting microparcels come from, and stupefying niavety to see no problem with creating a market for creating them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xerses Goff said:

The newest tactic is to create microparcels and call them "stores", even if you cannot complete a transaction at that location. Hundreds have recently popped up across the mainland and LL must be buying it because they aren't doing anything to slow it down.

I've never seen one, I guess I need to get out more. 😁

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just wondering if it's a General rated business or service.  I'm curious like that.

I think I said earlier in the thread that my ad boards conform to all the rules regarding networked advertising. One of the rules is that the adverts must be rated General.

22 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

It must take a great deal of effort not to see where ad-hosting microparcels come from, and stupefying niavety to see no problem with creating a market for creating them.

I travel the mainland in those hover car things sometimes. I see ad parcels all the time, I'm like whatever, its not in front of my house.

And it would never be in front of my house because I won't buy a parcel with a micro parcel in front of it. Simple isn't it?

This whole practice needs banning.

There is no legitimate business here.

It's trolling and baiting people, all the while staying a hair inside the letter of the rules. Just like this thread.

It's a child chanting "shut the front door" at the dinner table.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.