Name change

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't use names at all in SL. When I turn them back on temporarily it looks very unnatural to see tags above people. There should be some way to quickly zoom into people when you click on them in order to recognize them by their faces. I know we can use our cameras but I think it would be better to have an automated camera to do it. Maybe it should also bring up their profile. I mean, we all take pride in how our avatars look, and this would help people be seen in a good way.

23 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

There should be some way to quickly zoom into people when you click on them in order to recognize them by their faces.

In the 'nearby' floater, you can right-click people's names and select 'zoom in'. I find it useful when someone says something from far away. If you know where the person is though, It's not much more convenient than ctrl+alt+click on a person and move the scroll wheel up. *shrug*.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

In the 'nearby' floater, you can right-click people's names and select 'zoom in'. I find it useful when someone says something from far away. If you know where the person is though, It's not much more convenient than ctrl+alt+click on a person and move the scroll wheel up. *shrug*.

Does that end up auto-following them, like when you cam in closely? That (auto-follow) always confuses me when I don't expect it.

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Does that end up auto-following them, like when you cam in closely?

Yes, I believe so. Back when I was working with a race-car group, they used the nearby method to zoom in on drivers (who go very fast and are hard to cam onto) for filming purposes, as unfortunately, there's no good way to set your camera-follow object by script.

On 4/4/2023 at 12:11 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Wow! I should change my display name to someone popular, so I get free gifts from their admirers!

Β 

^This. Has this actually happened, though? I would hope folks would know how it worked, being that I really think (at least on MP) there is specific clarification regarding the legacy name.Β 
Β 

Additionally, if any of you see me in SL, please just call me Nora. It is my display name, but Norajulian is a mouthful and all my favorite last names keep getting snatched up by the other Noras of SL. 😬

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.