Where are the April Fools themed last names this year

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm rather glad they didn't, tbh. The holiday themed names are tiring, it's about time they started including more ordinary ones.

Maybe they are hoping that people will tire of the name after the holiday is over, and pay again to change it back.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

The current name list is very poor IMHO.
I'm not even considering to shell out 40 USD for one of those.

wish i made 40 dollars to change a name, i'd be a trillionaire. that's like a dollar a keystroke..

Edited by benchthis
  • Like 1

if they want to get hype they need a random date every year people can change their names for 5 dollars. 1 time a year. that could generate lots of extra revenue, can't be gamed because will always be random. someone might be like oh i'll change my name for 5 dollar than hate it and then later can charge the 40 for them to correct their mistake, and then they will feel odd about that name and change it again and again. See I can learn from sl. 

Just now, Bree Giffen said:

I dunno @benchthis that kind of sounds like how a drug dealer operates.

I think it might be nice to have some April Fool's day names. Here's a list I found. I think a few are already last names used before.

https://myvocabulary.com/word-list/april-fools-day-vocabulary/

exactly!! usually first sample is free! with name changes is industry standard. if sl got 20,000 users to pay 5$ for a name change they would bring in 100,000USD. That could fund a 7 day disney dream cruise for a bunch of people. 

4 hours ago, benchthis said:

exactly!! usually first sample is free! with name changes is industry standard. if sl got 20,000 users to pay 5$ for a name change they would bring in 100,000USD. That could fund a 7 day disney dream cruise for a bunch of people. 

If this is executed correctly likely to yeld more earnings. Have to be a week long event. hyped up by marketing with a sad avatar with a bad name and same avatar happy with a new name for 5$. they know how to cute it up. something that will want to make people change their names is the goal. If there were a goal.. maybe every year a list of last names is given that will unlock doors for 5$ and if you do not like the new name can revert back. or something like that where the experience will seem original each time. or grants access to a team sandbox for games or something team related. Id create an alt just for that if it ever happened and happily pay 5$. each year the name evolves and grants access to extra team space, scale would be boggling but would be amazing. too many people having fun at the same time is a good problem. The Sinners & The Saints

Edited by benchthis

8 hours ago, benchthis said:

wish i made 40 dollars to change a name, i'd be a trillionaire. that's like a dollar a keystroke..

Name change is in the end nothing more than a vanity tax.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 9:51 PM, Sid Nagy said:

The current name list is very poor IMHO.
I'm not even considering to shell out 40 USD for one of those.

They are so poor I felt it well worth the money to shell out 40 USD to get rid of mine altogether (it was the change of first name that was most important for me).

Edited by Maitimo

I don't like my last name particularly. I chose it because Nagy is a respectable name in the Balkan region in Europe. Some people in SL associate it with nagging though.
When I walk trough the current list maybe only Vandervoort would be an option, but that is the last name of a relatively well known Dutch dart player so no thanks either. I don't want to look like a fan boy.

Edited by Sid Nagy

Don't temp it, whoever the cretin is who keeps picking these names will crawl out from their cupboard at linden lab with another list of ridiculous surnames rather than normal-ish interesting ones for once.

In fact, that will never happen so here's a potential (likely) list of what to expect on the next run...

Biggleswiggles

Suggypuggy

Fudgewitch

Grassflopper

Skyhooked

Leavebritneyalone

I really want the last name "Shu", its simple, effective, not at all fancy, but I can do so much with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.