Proiles Not Opening

Ringstrue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Or a cruise line that favors ports on islands rather than on the mainland.  (Would their competition be the Antilles?)

I was thinking food because the way I would see the word, Proiles pronounced, it would rhyme with Broils, only with Proiles there is an extra e which makes it sound elegant like a French food.  Sounds delicious and like the perfect name for a cream filled desert. 

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I love how you guys can turn a simple yes/no question into a pages long discussion. Will this one make it past the first page? Will the barbs fly? Will the trolls be driven back under their bridge? Tune in tomorrow! Same bat time, same bat channel!

🤭

We try to puhleeze.

23 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Proiles, sounds like the name of a food to me.  Waits for someone to say, typical of a tiny.  If I make up a food, I will name it Proiles.  Sounds French, too. 

I agree, and I withdraw my suggestion that Proiles sounds like the opposite of Antillies.  It was a stretch. However, it could be a simple typo. The OP could have been misspelling the perfectly good French word proies, which is almost like proiles if you get the L out of it.  Proie means prey or victim. The writer could be sending a rather ghoulish message here: "For the last few days I have been unable to open my prey."   I don't want to be around when she gets the hang of it.

• Like 2

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

I agree, and I withdraw my suggestion that Proiles sounds like the opposite of Antillies.  It was a stretch. However, it could be a simple typo. The OP could have been misspelling the perfectly good French word proies, which is almost like proiles if you get the L out of it.  Proie means prey or victim. The writer could be sending a rather ghoulish message here: "For the last few days I have been unable to open my prey."   I don't want to be around when she gets the hang of it.

Easily solved with a knife or claw sharpener. (For tooth-sharpeners, see Ferengis.)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's gonna be a while. Most don't ever think to check it's plugged in. 😏

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.