Stuff you're not buying, pending PBR?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:22 AM, EliseAnne85 said:

What kind of potato?  I'm not sure exactly what potato means other than older.   Can you give a little more info on potatoes as it was rumored people will need a gaming computer to run PBR.  

It comes from the popular game "Portal2". During a fairly large portion of the game, GlaDOS, the passive-aggressive insane AI that is your chief enemy, has her position as the controller of the Aperture Science facility usurped, and is put into a child's science fair computer project powered by a potato battery.

Needless to say, she's not happy about the downgrade.

e87ed20e8c5940d8a8354e88c0c5dd68.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

the popular game "Portal2".

Total tangent, from somebody who doesn't know Portal from Portal2 from Tetris: Somehow Google News thought I'd be interested in "A hacker's introduction to DIY light guide plates" written by a guy "compelled to make a scaled-down replica of the iconic test chamber signs from the video game Portal."

(Google was right: I was inexplicably intrigued.)

5 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Total tangent, from somebody who doesn't know Portal from Portal2 from Tetris: Somehow Google News thought I'd be interested in "A hacker's introduction to DIY light guide plates" written by a guy "compelled to make a scaled-down replica of the iconic test chamber signs from the video game Portal."

(Google was right: I was inexplicably intrigued.)

Been there, done that.

Portal-Blank.thumb.png.19b997a14bf84dddd6326305c2b54dd6.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.