Error on login

clarissanargi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, clarissanargi said:

I get this error when i try to login, never happened to me before ... any idea ? 

899832edea71d4bd7eda94ea4822b984.png

I just got this, too.  I was in and was having trouble changing clothes so I logged out and got this exact message when trying to log back in.

Investigating - Some Second Life services are currently experiencing an outage. During this time, some Second Life services may be unavailable including, but not limited to: logging in, building, chatting, web services and object rezzing. Please refrain from rezzing in-world, in addition to transacting in-world, on the Marketplace, or on the Lindex during this time.

Please monitor this blog for additional updates.

Feb 22, 2023 - 07:28 PST

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/

Edited by Rick Daylight

I shouldn't have spoken so soon. Right after posting the message yesterday, the viewer crashed and I have not been able to log in since

Is anyone having this issue also? Message "Log failed. Due to our best effort, ect. I thought it might  be our internet but they say it isn't.  

Anyone else having this issue this morning?

Edited by Nikilei

You say "the viewer crashed": did it just close (straight to your computer's desktop) or was it via the grey screen "quit or view IM" logout, which is most often due to Internet disconnection?

If it was the latter, you need to; firstly reboot your net hardware ( modem/router etc), then check with your ISP for issues.

SL needs a really good connection, so a speed test to the SL servers is worth a check. A good connection to a local server means almost nothing, nor does the ability to browse the net in general.

Edited by Aishagain

Thank  you for the response.  It was when the message "you have been logged off" shows up on the screen,  I have been having trouble trying to load inventory to the MP window and sometimes it quits responding, flashes a few times and will either take the new inventory or log me out with the " you have been logged out" message.  It was that kind of logout.

I have seen others talk about this issue throughout the forums.  Also, there was an issue with logins several days ago, which I wasn't affected, until yesterday. 

I submitted a ticket finally as I don't know what else to do. 

Yes, internet is very important. We have a very strong signal but we reset the modem anyway since I had been wanting to move it and we had to unplug it to do so so it was a good time to do so. Unfortunately, no help at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.