What if two PPlus choose the same Linden home?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, so coastal Victorians are hard to come by. I am looking at the new land with Victorians, and I have a question:

What if 2 PPlus members request the same house? I assume it is the first one who get it. But what happens to the second? Will they be notified "Sorry, that house is taken. You must try another".

If it was a sign-up on the website, we would get that message at once. Now it is handled by LL employees, do they notify us, and how soon can we expect it? @Abnor Mole

Or others who have tried this feature, what is your experience?

29 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Hi, so coastal Victorians are hard to come by. I am looking at the new land with Victorians, and I have a question:

What if 2 PPlus members request the same house? I assume it is the first one who get it. But what happens to the second? Will they be notified "Sorry, that house is taken. You must try another".

If it was a sign-up on the website, we would get that message at once. Now it is handled by LL employees, do they notify us, and how soon can we expect it? @Abnor Mole

Or others who have tried this feature, what is your experience?

This was my thought - I expect it to be whichever ticket was received first but then they do assign them to different agents before they are answered, (it seems! but correct if incorrect). I expect the agent who answers will tell you it is taken if that is so. I only have experience of requesting an SSP when that was not an option. 

31 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

This was my thought - I expect it to be whichever ticket was received first but then they do assign them to different agents before they are answered, (it seems! but correct if incorrect). I expect the agent who answers will tell you it is taken if that is so. I only have experience of requesting an SSP when that was not an option. 

It is tricky. I am certain all the coastal ones are already taken before release.

And that's okay, those who pay for that service get it. I understand. What would make me livid, was if I paid PPlus, put in a ticket and heard nothing. I would assume I got that house, right? And on release, I didn't get it.

If we are notified that it's taken, we can put in a request again. We can do that again, if it's taken? It is not try once, and hope you are first?

I I have always gotten a response to my ticket if the desired spot I put in for has been requested before me.  I have learnt since to always add the SLurl of my second choice when I put in a ticket. If you don't get your first dream spot - at least you will get your 2nd choice. They will also let you know if they put you in your 2nd desired spot. At least this was my experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Would you not expect all the new coastal Vickie’s to be put in the queue and consumed by random selection the moment each region is released?

That's how it worked before PPlus.

It is not so many coastal houses. If PPlus want them, they will be taken before release. I am not saying that I will go PPlus, I am still counting my money, haha. I am not sure how much I will spend on virtual houses.

I really wish it was possible to pick from the website. See it on a map: Here are the houses PP can select.

1 hour ago, Missbehavin Neva said:

I I have always gotten a response to my ticket if the desired spot I put in for has been requested before me.  I have learnt since to always add the SLurl of my second choice when I put in a ticket. If you don't get your first dream spot - at least you will get your 2nd choice. They will also let you know if they put you in your 2nd desired spot. At least this was my experience.

It's good to know that LL keep it under control. And to put in a 2nd choice, I had not thought about that.

9 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

If true, this is a huge change to the original policy. 

The PPlus perk to select a unreleased Linden home is part of the PPlus membership. https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000167487-premium-plus-faq#Can-I-have-a-second-Linden-Home-with-Premium-Plus?

So it is meant to work this way. PPlus cost more than Premium and offer more. I have never done it, but as I understand it, is it working well.

pplus.png

Edited by Marianne Little

10 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So it is meant to work this way. PPlus cost more than Premium and offer more. I have never done it, but as I understand it, is it working well.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/486501-premium-plus-and-linden-homes/?do=findComment&comment=2492139

Derrick Linden post on aug 8 2022 made it clear that they are not setting aside homes to be claimed by P+ residents. 

Edited by diamond Marchant

English isn't my # language, so the "released region" is a bit confusing for me. I understand it to be the period after "SSP" is removed from the region name, and the region is "really" in the queque.

I do not know the time between a region has "SSP" removed and it is released.

How long is the time to claim a home? I don't understand it. Is it days, hours?

It must be more than minutes, or else it can't be possible to use PPlus.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

It is so difficult to understand.We submit a ticket that a LL employee reads, look up the slurl, and assign the house. And in the time it takes for the LL employee to read it, the house can already have been taken?

No region is released until the employee checks the tickets and decides that it's time to release the region. Example, they'll usually name a few regions at once or a bunch, as we've seen recently on the houseboats. Then they start fulfilling the tickets and flip them all to Linden Home = release. So in a way, Premium Plus members do have first dibs.

Edited by AzureWaves
  • Like 1

Just now, AzureWaves said:

When they remove SSP (a region is named), submit your ticket. They'll assign homes to Premium Plus members (if any) then release at the same time.

But in the past, regions without SSP has had houses named "Linden Homes" a long period before they are released?

Just now, AzureWaves said:

No region is released until the employee checks the tickets and decides that it's time to release the region. Example, they'll usually name a few regions at once or a bunch, as we've seen recently on the houseboats. Then they start fulfilling the tickets and flip them all to Linden Home = release.

This goes against what Diamond posts? If a region has 5 coastal homes, and it is 5 tickets, then all coastal houses is taken by PPlus?

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

How long is the time to claim a home? I don't understand it. Is it days, hours?

We do not know but because an actual person has to process the request, it could be hours or days. The P+ selection process works best for themes that have high availability where the algorithm is not likely to assign the home you select. 
I was able to get a choice Stilt in Swashbuckle by noticing that it had just released and doing several acquire/abandon cycles. P+ would not have helped me.

With the recent houseboat releases, when SSP dropped off of the region names, the parcels were named "Protected Land" for a while,  then they switched to "Linden Home". This happened over a course of DAYS, not minutes, and during that time, P+ members picked their spots.

Finally, the regions were released (as in, put into the queue where they could be claimed by others). Even then, there were instances of hiccups where a "claimed" parcel wound up in the queue and was claimed by someone other than the P+ person who had put in a ticket for it. It happened to me, as I rolled a parcel that someone had already requested via ticket. The house was taken back and given to her. So it is not an exact process but generally speaking, it does seem that P+ has plenty of time to claim before the parcels are released for the rest of us to try for.

Short answer: Unless you are P+, expect all good spots to already be claimed by ticket before you start rolling, and in small releases, expect to get nothing. It is what it is!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Uff, I think this will lead to many angry posts when the new Victorians are released... 😩

Quote: Short answer: Unless you are P+, expect all good spots to already be claimed by ticket before you start rolling, and in small releases, expect to get nothing. It is what it is!

I can imagine that these regions will go fast.

I think, honestly, that I will not buy P+ and do this. It will be so much anger directed to the P+ who claims the best houses. I will not touch this hornet's nest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Uff, I think this will lead to many angry posts when the new Victorians are released... 😩

Quote: Short answer: Unless you are P+, expect all good spots to already be claimed by ticket before you start rolling, and in small releases, expect to get nothing. It is what it is!

I can imagine that these regions will go fast.

I think, honestly, that I will not buy P+ and do this. It will be so much anger directed to the P+ who claims the best houses. I will not touch this hornet's nest.

It's a service, you can use it to your advantage or don't use it. Go PPlus for a month or less and have the house of your dreams vs. rolling for nothing?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

With the recent houseboat releases, when SSP dropped off of the region names, the parcels were named "Protected Land" for a while,  then they switched to "Linden Home". This happened over a course of DAYS, not minutes, and during that time, P+ members picked their spots.

This is absolutely not the process described by @Derrick Linden and quoted above. Is this really the new policy that will always happen? Where is this documented?

20 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

This is absolutely not the process described by @Derrick Linden and quoted above. Is this really the new policy that will always happen? Where is this documented?

I am telling you what I observed and experienced myself just a couple of weeks ago, not what was said in the forums six months ago before the P+ homes program started. You may of course believe whichever you choose. :)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I am telling you what I observed and experienced myself just a couple of weeks ago, not what was said in the forums six months ago before the P+ homes program started. You may of course believe whichever you choose. :)

I believe you 100 percent. I am concerned about the policy changing in a very significant way without notification. Perhaps I just missed it. I am looking for an official statement of the policy they are currently using.

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

It's a service, you can use it to your advantage or don't use it. Go PPlus for a month or less and have the house of your dreams vs. rolling for nothing?

I am just anxious, the disappointed people will start complaining about greedy P+.

It is fine places, but my dream? I don't think I would go so far. I did not feel sure of how this P+ works, so it was best to ask first, then decide if I should try.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.