What if two PPlus choose the same Linden home?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

This is absolutely not the process described by @Derrick Linden and quoted above. Is this really the new policy that will always happen? Where is this documented?

Whitney already told Fay in the thread Syvia linked that we can file a ticket  as soon as a region changes from SSP to its final name.  And yes, that seems to be a change - parcels used to have to be named "Linden Home" as well to fulfill tickets.

I see one more question that it would be helpful for Derrick (or someone) to answer.

Is it now the procedure to fill all PP tickets for an new region before the homes are released to the queues? 

If so, I'll understand, it does seem like a simplification.  This was what happened with the recent houseboat regions.  There were no houseboats on the land page for over a day while tickets were filled.  This happened once before with stilts, but in that case LL said that the homes where not released to the queues because of a confusion between types of stilts due to the way they were built. 

There are now enough PP members that this change would alter people's behavior.  e.g. When a house I was planning to try for is claimed by a PP member whom I know, I would just contact them and ask that they let me know when they move on.  I probably will only refresh when I feel like hopping for fun.  I MIGHT get PP for a month occasionally to get a particular parcel, but haven't felt the need so far. 

As for it being a new policy that will always happen - possibly, until the next change happens!  I think of LH allocation not as a "policy", but a "procedure".  Procedures can be changed as conditions dictate; policies are more permanent.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 2:13 PM, Marianne Little said:

But in the past, regions without SSP has had houses named "Linden Homes" a long period before they are released?

This goes against what Diamond posts? If a region has 5 coastal homes, and it is 5 tickets, then all coastal houses is taken by PPlus?

If it says Linden Home you can ask for. Home in the region.  If it says protected Land you can’t ask until it is reset.  I’d suggest having 1 2 3 choices in the ticket listed and saves you. Whole hassle of watching region get released while you wanted a house on it.  If your first ones gone you are likely to get 2 or 3 other choices.    Have any questions pm me and I can tell you more about it as I’ve acquired all my houses the last 5 or 6 months this way with premium plus memberships 

if you want one of those coastal victorians then you have every right to engage the service OF PP to get one.  I had a look today they seem alright 

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 12:02 PM, Marianne Little said:

I am just anxious, the disappointed people will start complaining about greedy P+.

It is fine places, but my dream? I don't think I would go so far. I did not feel sure of how this P+ works, so it was best to ask first, then decide if I should try.

Why would you be anxious? As azure said, it is  service you've paid for. If the people getting mad at you had wanted first choice they could have paid for that same service themselves. And you are not greedy, none of us are, we paid a lot for this privilege so we get what we paid for. How is that greedy?

• Like 7

In life, things sell out all the time. Companies do limited edition runs and not everyone gets early access, it's like a lottery. As far as the new victorians, they're not any better than the current victorians. There are plenty of coasts to be had all over, you just have to keep using your 5 rolls daily and see what you get.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Why would you be anxious? As azure said, it is  service you've paid for. If the people getting mad at you had wanted first choice they could have paid for that same service themselves. And you are not greedy, none of us are, we paid a lot for this privilege so we get what we paid for. How is that greedy?

I am a bit fragile. I overthink things. And worry too much. 😔

Too much RL worries. Spilling over in SL.

I was walking around in the new Vic regions again. It is going to be more regions to the North. 9-10 regions, maybe?

• Like 1

Last time I talked to Whitney when asking for a premium plus house it was true, that was a couple months back, guess its time to upgrade an find out.  I've got a couple premium alts laying about I can test it with. Skips off to find out.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Haha 2

Well, when the Vics first came out it was the same people claiming the most desirable spots over and over, so PP doesn't really change anything, it just streamlines the process. Most of them know each other / are alts of each other so if somebody else gets the parcel they wanted it's usually no big deal. Everyone else can either cross their fingers that previously desirable Vics will be getting abandoned in quest of the new shiny, or wait for them all to decamp to 2024s in the summer (or whenever).

• Lindens

Hey all! I'm here to help clear up what I can.

On 2/11/2023 at 8:10 AM, AzureWaves said:

No region is released until the employee checks the tickets and decides that it's time to release the region. Example, they'll usually name a few regions at once or a bunch, as we've seen recently on the houseboats. Then they start fulfilling the tickets and flip them all to Linden Home = release. So in a way, Premium Plus members do have first dibs.

This actually isn't the case*(normally, see below). When we go to release houses, part of the process is to rename the regions to remove the SSP from the region name. This is why we will typically tell interested Premium Plus users to wait for the SSP to disappear from the unreleased region names - this means that they're now released and ready for claiming.

We do not hold parcels for Premium Plus subscribers, and we will only accept requests for parcels on newly released regions AFTER the region has been released. Any requests for a parcel on an unreleased region will be informed that they will need to wait until after the region is released and submit a new request.

*What might be causing a bit of confusion was due to a problematic Houseboat release a few weeks ago. During the course of the release of the parcels on these regions we encountered an issue that required a bit of investigation, then work from our web team to resolve, which took an additional few days. Because the regions had already been renamed in preparation that the parcels would become available within a few minutes, we made an exception on that specific batch of requests and reserved requested parcels for when the issues were resolved. However, I want to stress that this was the exception due to extenuating circumstances, not the norm. 

Hopefully this clears things up!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 14

4 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

PP members can only choose up to three different homes in a thirty day period as well which is fair because whilst I am using PP all they are doing is answering my request tickets 😊

Interesting. So if a PP member put 3 preferences in one ticket, would this use up their 3 requests for the 30 day period?

3 hours ago, Sakura Sands said:

Interesting. So if a PP member put 3 preferences in one ticket, would this use up their 3 requests for the 30 day period?

No. Your request is that ticket. You can list several choices or you can be told it's taken and pick somewhere else, but you're only getting one house from that request. Your next ticket for somewhere new is your second request. And so on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

No. Your request is that ticket. You can list several choices or you can be told it's taken and pick somewhere else, but you're only getting one house from that request. Your next ticket for somewhere new is your second request. And so on.

Ah got it. So three fulfilled requests per 30 days. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.