Maitreya or eBody Reborn??

SVEKA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is the best body?  I'm back from a short break in SL... and notice most new things ate eBody, eBody, eBody everywhere.

Is Maitreya outdated? Is more product being made for eBody Reborn?

Is there another body?

Before I upgrade my avi.... curious what the community thoughts are.

There are a fair few bodies around, Maitreya and eBody Reborn are both quite well supported - Maitreya has been around for longer and so has a much larger pool of items on the market in comparison; it's certainly not outdated, and remains the most popular body on the grid.

Which one you choose is all up to personal preferences. Reborn is curvier by default, Maitreya is very versatile in its range of achievable shapes. 

• Like 5

Right now those are the two most trending bodies.. really it will come down to what you really are looking for  in a body..

Do you want a more curvy body  or one that  is more middle road to slim?  Maitreya has the most content made for it , but Reborn  is always having new content made for it..

Reborn is the younger of the two and just had it's first birthday back in October.. Maitreya has been around for years.. 

It's really more a preference of what you want your body to shape like really.. they are both really good bodies.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

I have both and I use them interchangeably. My Maitreya has the classiest dresses made for it but it looks boxy when I sit down ( flat knees when sitting etc) and my Reborn is beautiful soft and feminine and the ass can be scaled down to a more natural size. The clothing for Reborn is.....unfortunate. (prostitute style). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

39 minutes ago, SorachaNicEoghain said:

The clothing for Reborn is.....unfortunate. (prostitute style).

Um...every single picture in my Flickr since the spring has been with the Reborn body.  None of the outfits are prostitute style and are all made for various bodies including Maitreya.   Are you perhaps thinking of Kupra clothing?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Um...every single picture in my Flickr since the spring has been with the Reborn body.  None of the outfits are prostitute style and are all made for various bodies including Maitreya.   Are you perhaps thinking of Kupra clothing?

No! I mean reborn. Seriously? I must be looking in the wrong places

• Haha 1

I was having this conversation inworld; it seems (from where I sit) that Maitreya is the standard more or less, but my friends were saying good things about the Legacy body, and that it has a decent amount of clothing available for it.

I'm switching from Tonic (RIP) to Maitreya and considering Legacy when I have funds. I haven't begun looking into it yet, though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Han Held said:

I was having this conversation inworld; it seems (from where I sit) that Maitreya is the standard more or less, but my friends were saying good things about the Legacy body, and that it has a decent amount of clothing available for it.

I'm switching from Tonic (RIP) to Maitreya and considering Legacy when I have funds. I haven't begun looking into it yet, though.

I recently got the update for the legacy body which I wore for about a year.  Basically naked, it has almost double the triangles as my Reborn.  No way could I justify wearing it even though I still.love the look.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's going to come down to what type of clothing you want to wear first. And of course, the body shape you're going for.

All kinds of styles and alt fashion, including fantasy/sci-fi - Maitreya will be far easier to shop for. 

If you're more interested in the casual, clubwear, semi-formal, athletic/sporty side - Reborn's great, too. Reborn is slowly getting picked up more in the alt fashion and fantasy realm, also, but it's not quite everywhere yet.

• Like 1

Honestly, almost every store at most of the major events has Reborn sizing.  I've also noticed that it's hard to find more conservative looks for ANY body.  Everything seems to be too short or too low cut.  These are items made for Maitreya as well as Reborn.   Most stores don't just sell for Reborn so '*****wear'  is the norm for all bodies.  

A lot of the more recent releases from Ison, Erratic, and Dead Doll have Reborn included as well as Blueberry, Addams, Tres Blah, Fashionably Dead, etc.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I recently got the update for the legacy body which I wore for about a year.  Basically naked, it has almost double the triangles as my Reborn.  No way could I justify wearing it even though I still.love the look.  

As Beq from FS posted a long while ago already, it's the alpha cuts that have made far more performance impact than amount of triangles, so technically best "lag free" bodies are alpha cuts-free Slink, Kupra and Prima. The rest are all just more or less bad, if you care about that to begin with. Still shouldn't be as triangles heavy, though. No idea why their feet are that heavy. Body itself is around 200k triangles, hands another 180k, but feet add another 380k.

That being said, given that average (modern, so an alpha hair with a few styles included) medium to long hairstyles are around 350 to 650k triangles alone, it's really just drop in the ocean. And fluffy clothing that is so popular around this season is truly terrible in that regard. Below is the stats hoodie I have on now, from a very popular store that makes pretty things, and that's just the top part of it. Did I know it before buying it? I sure did, can't say it really matters, though. And (not directed at you, just a general comment) another note for people who think that current complexity number means anything, too.

23.PNG

Edit:

Maitreya, Legacy, Reborn. Pick any, all got a lot of support from varied clothing stores. If everyday clothing/styles, then it really doesn't matter at all, if a bit more on the historic/RP heavy side, then Reborn still lacks it quite a bit, Legacy is better, and Maitreya has it all.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

As Beq from FS posted a long while ago already, it's the alpha cuts that have made far more performance impact than amount of triangles, so technically best "lag free" bodies are alpha cuts-free Slink, Kupra and Prima. The rest are all just more or less bad, if you care about that to begin with. Still shouldn't be as triangles heavy, though. No idea why their feet are that heavy. Body itself is around 200k triangles, hands another 180k, but feet add another 380k.

That being said, given that average (modern, so an alpha hair with a few styles included) medium to long hairstyles are around 350 to 650k triangles alone, it's really just drop in the ocean. And fluffy clothing that is so popular around this season is truly terrible in that regard. Below is the stats hoodie I have on now, from a very popular store that makes pretty things, and that's just the top part of it. Did I know it before buying it? I sure did, can't say it really matters, though. And (not directed at you, just a general comment) another note for people who think that current complexity number means anything, too.

23.PNG

Edit:

Maitreya, Legacy, Reborn. Pick any, all got a lot of support from varied clothing stores. If everyday clothing/styles, then it really doesn't matter at all, if a bit more on the historic/RP heavy side, then Reborn still lacks it quite a bit, Legacy is better, and Maitreya has it all.

I'm very conscious of what I purchase as to all.that.  The 3 bodies you mentioned are a.no go for obvious reasons. Never could get the slink body to look how I wanted.  Kupra?  Just no and Prima was dead on arrival although I did like the overall look.  

Whether any of those stats make any difference,  I'll err on the side of caution and continue to keep my complexity around 50K and my trigs under 500K for an entire.look.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SorachaNicEoghain said:

No! I mean reborn. Seriously? I must be looking in the wrong places

You just have to get passed the flybynight  full permers that don't have stores that flood clutter flickrs and  events up.. There is a lot of really good creators for Reborn..

You see reborn almost as much as Maitreya now.. Most places have updated to reborn..

• Like 5

Just now, Blaise Glendevon said:

Literally no one is making clothes for Slink or Prima and Kupra's clothing selection is nothing but template, terribly textured clubwear. They can be as light on processing as you'd please. Nobody wants them.

I'm more than aware about the state of new releases from some more or less decent stores as I happen to shop a lot for all kinds of clothing. Nor do I care about complexity/triangles numbers to begin with, which should be obvious if I wear 1.4m triangles hoodie. So it was purely from the "lag-free" bodies perspective.

3 bodies (Maitreya, Legacy, Reborn) that I think are usable I've also mentioned already, too. The rest from outdated and terrible looking Slinks to the new and still more dead, than alive (and still bugged on top of it) Gen X ones, plus all others, I wouldn't recommend to anyone who is not looking for some kind of challenge in shopping for whatever reason.

26 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Whether any of those stats make any difference,  I'll err on the side of caution and continue to keep my complexity around 50K and my trigs under 500K for an entire.look.

Must be quite difficult at times. I just went through last 30-ish hairstyles I've got, and only a single one was under 200k triangles, vast majority are 350k-450k, and a few are 550k+. No short/unrigged hair, though. Those are not as heavy usually, but I rarely wear/buy them.

27 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

I'm more than aware about the state of new releases from some more or less decent stores as I happen to shop a lot for all kinds of clothing. Nor do I care about complexity/triangles numbers to begin with, which should be obvious if I wear 1.4m triangles hoodie. So it was purely from the "lag-free" bodies perspective.

3 bodies (Maitreya, Legacy, Reborn) that I think are usable I've also mentioned already, too. The rest from outdated and terrible looking Slinks to the new and still more dead, than alive (and still bugged on top of it) Gen X ones, plus all others, I wouldn't recommend to anyone who is not looking for some kind of challenge in shopping for whatever reason.

Must be quite difficult at times. I just went through last 30-ish hairstyles I've got, and only a single one was under 200k triangles, vast majority are 350k-450k, and a few are 550k+. No short/unrigged hair, though. Those are not as heavy usually, but I rarely wear/buy them.

As I mentioned earlier, I've been using Reborn since spring/summer of last year.  My outfits on Flickr are all under 1M trigs and most hover near 500-700K.  There are certain hair stores I just won't buy from because almost all the hairs are ridiculous.  One store has actually done a fairly good job recently of bringing down their numbers.  I really don't find it all that difficult to adhere to my own standards.  I'm sure I'm an outlier, though.  I think it's kind of fun!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You just have to get passed the flybynight  full permers that don't have stores that flood clutter flickrs and  events up.. There is a lot of really good creators for Reborn..

You see reborn almost as much as Maitreya now.. Most places have updated to reborn..

I usually only shop in weekend sales. That's probably what's happening 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SorachaNicEoghain said:

I usually only shop in weekend sales. That's probably what's happening 

Always make sure the things you are buying, the seller has a store..  There is a lot of fly by night sellers that have zero investment in SL and only ever have booths  at events as well as some  also only have booths during sales.. Because  if they don't have a location, they more than likely don't have a way for you to get a redeliver..

I just put them on a note card that I have when i come across  them. No presence in SL, they go on the list..

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.