Maitreya Lara mesh body and body skin

Dexsey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi..I wear Maitreya mesh body Lara. Do I need to apply Glam Affair's body skin presets in the hud to the tattoo layer? I'm having problems with my system avi Elizabeth poking thru my mesh body. Are the presets just coloring the system avi or are they real new skins? I wear a mesh head Sasha Letlutka evo or evox. And head skin Nina Glam Affair. Will my head skin work on both evo and evox? Thanks so much guys....Dexsey

Hello Dexsey,

You dont need the tattoo layer at all for now.
If im not wrong, the glam affair skins are BOM skins (just rightlick and ADD to apply it to your lara body).
But first hit the BOM button in the lara HUD. Then you will see the glam affair BOM skin on your body you are going to apply, and additionally it will make the system avatar disappear. 

The presets in the lara hud tint the lara mesh body,  but they will turn off BOM and your glam affair skin will vanish too, so make sure not to click it.
Evo and EvoX dont mix. You need a skin made for the head version you use.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo
  • Like 1

The skins in the Maitreya hud are applier skins for the mesh body.. The reason your body bleeds through is because if you use the applier skins in the hud, you need to wear the body Alpha layer in the Maitreya folder which will be listed as this, Maitreya Mesh Body - Alpha.. The Alpha layer will hid the system body from bleeding though.

If you are wanting to use the Bakes on Mesh option, where you are using a system body skin from your inventory, you won't need the  Alpha layer and only need to wear the system body skin while having the Bakes on Mesh option turned on in your Maitreya hud..

If you are in Bakes on Mesh and  go to use an Applier skin, it will kick you out of bakes on mesh..you can just click the Bakes on Mesh option again to return to BOM/ Bakes on mesh..

As far as your mesh head being able to wear the Glam Affair skins, the only way that would be possible is if, the skin was made for the head and body and only with the system skins or  Bakes on mesh skins.. An applier wouldn't cover both.. Most times you would need a body skin and a head skin..

Although there are skin makers like 7 deadly S{K}ins that do have the Bakes on mesh full body and head skins in one.

Also, a skin for the evoX mode, would have to be made for the Evox mode and would not work on Evo mode because it uses a different Map than the SLUV maps.. Evo will work with  SLUV maps and EvoX will work with EvoX maps..

If it is an Evox skin, the creator will most times say it is made for EvoX.. If not  then you can use the evo mode for it..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

I am a bit tired so I will not log in, but is it not full body tattoo versions of Glam Affair skins boxed with Maitreya? A separate box that you find in the Maitreya folder with the body, HUD, add-on layers and other things?

Or is it maybe only for the Petite add-on? I have both Maitreya and Petite, but I do not use Glam Affair skin. I hope my mind is not playing tricks on me. 😳

But I am almost sure, I got such Glam Affair tattoos with Maitreya.

EDIT: Yes, in the instruction for Maitreya it says:

We have included the Lara skins on tattoo system layers (wearables) for this reason.

https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/skin.html

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am a bit tired so I will not log in, but is it not full body tattoo versions of Glam Affair skins boxed with Maitreya? A separate box that you find in the Maitreya folder with the body, HUD, add-on layers and other things?

Or is it maybe only for the Petite add-on? I have both Maitreya and Petite, but I do not use Glam Affair skin. I hope my mind is not playing tricks on me. 😳

But I am almost sure, I got such Glam Affair tattoos with Maitreya.

EDIT: Yes, in the instruction for Maitreya it says:

https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/skin.html

Damn, All this time and I never noticed them skins down there.. LOL

I can be so unobservant sometimes I swear.. hehehe

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Damn, All this time and I never noticed them skins down there.. LOL

I can be so unobservant sometimes I swear.. hehehe

Don't feel bad. I had no idea we had those, either. Also, took me years to learn what a toe cap is and find out that Maitreya has that whole BOM Hud.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Don't feel bad. I had no idea we had those, either. Also, took me years to learn what a toe cap is and find out that Maitreya has that whole BOM Hud.

I probably went and bought  those same skins from the store too..lol

I'll have to look.. it might have only been the reborn ones that I got, but I'll see I guess.. hehehe

• Haha 1

GA has their older skins boxed with Maitreya, not the newest line. They are on their 3rd line now since Maitreya is out.

Older line that was included with Maitreya at the start has names like Artic, Europe, Asia, Tropic etc, 2nd line is numbered 01 to 12, and the current line that has been out for a few years already are Milk, Fair, Ivory etc, ending with Cocoa.

They are not exactly compatible between each other either. Although I'm not sure if their 3rd line head skins has blended neck for comptability or not, I've stopped using their skins when they've created 2nd line, because somehow they were far lower quality than 1st line (body skin wise), and pale tones were way worse as well. 3rd line is better, but sadly still far below some other choices as far as face/body details go.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

GA has their older skins boxed with Maitreya, not the newest line. They are on their 3rd line now since Maitreya is out.

Older line that was included with Maitreya at the start has names like Artic, Europe, Asia, Tropic etc, 2nd line is numbered 01 to 12, and the current line that has been out for a few years already are Milk, Fair, Ivory etc, ending with Cocoa.

They are not exactly compatible between each other either. Although I'm not sure if their 3rd line head skins has blended neck for comptability or not, I've stopped using their skins when they've created 2nd line, because somehow they were far lower quality than 1st line (body skin wise), and pale tones were way worse as well. 3rd line is better, but sadly still far below some other choices as far as face/body details go.

Yes, their new head skins have a neck fade. I had thought my Glam Affair Fair head skin just matched my Velour Icy body skin really well by coincidence, until one time I was trying on a more tan body skin and saw the Fair neck fade still all over my neck and decolletage. No wonder I didn't have a neck line!

• Like 1

Oh my gosh...thanks so much for all of your info. It really helped me to understand what was what. I bought a new body skin Velour Ipanema body in Porcelain and I love it. I went all evo x and no more system avi clawing it's way out. Thank..Dexsey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.