Happening Now: "Designing Worlds" marks the passing of the Queen in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is NOT an SL Event. It is sponsored by private residents in SL writing in a web blog, Designing Worlds.

"Second Life Blogger Network! SLBN is a curated showcase of posts from Second Life Bloggers (and vloggers) in our community."

And as we know, this discussion would not be allowed on this forum.

https://primperfect.net/2022/10/03/designing-worlds-marks-the-passing-of-the-queen/

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

This is NOT an SL Event. It is sponsored by private residents in SL writing in a web blog, Designing Worlds.

"Second Life Blogger Network! SLBN is a curated showcase of posts from Second Life Bloggers (and vloggers) in our community."

And as we know, this discussion would not be allowed on this forum.

https://primperfect.net/2022/10/03/designing-worlds-marks-the-passing-of-the-queen/

Totally agree. Maybe the OP meant "an event in SL", thereby ok to post about? Not sure if she meant to indicate it was mentioned in the "official blog", which I gave the link to. I was very confused until I saw the official blog post.

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe the OP meant "an event in SL", thereby ok to post about? Not sure if she meant to indicate it was mentioned in the "official blog", which I gave the link to. I was very confused until I saw the official blog post.

I didn't mean posting about it in this forum was wrong. Maybe it is, but was thinking of all the closed topics about the Queen here when she died.  

In any case it is not an SL Event, and just because you can watch a professionally made video show on  Vimeo,  shown inworld, does not make it an SL Event.  The show is still worth watching, and in the Studio of Dreams in SL if you like watch parties.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
Added stuff for clarity
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I didn't mean posting about it in this forum was wrong. Maybe it is, but was thinking of all the closed topics about the Queen here when she died.  

In any case it is not an SL Event, and just because you can watch a professionally made video show on You Tube inworld, does not make it an SL Event.

Agreed, agree.

But since the OP doesn't care, not sure I should either. Interesting way to start a post. Like a "passive-aggressive warning".

Just now, Jaylinbridges said:

Given LL's aversion to the RL, I am sure LL does not want this video to be called an SL Event.  SL Events are listed in... SL Events section.

Surely, ( I know that you aren't called Shirley just in case ;) ), surely though if I were to create an event in the SL event system for a showing of such a video to get people to gather around and I did that for my SL business, it could still legitimately be called an SL Event - because it was put into the SL events system.  I don't know whether the gathering in the OP was added there but I don't see much if any difference.

I was not able to attend the inworld watch party event, but I did watch the video later in the day. 

It may have been about a RL person, but it was filmed in SL, in a beautiful re-creation of Buckingham Palace.  Additionally, it highlighted some of the tributes and memorials that had occurred within SL for the Queen, and I found that part of the video very moving. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

SL event system for a showing of such a video to get people to gather around and I did that for my SL business, it could still legitimately be called an SL Event - because it was put into the SL events system.  I don't know whether the gathering in the OP was added there but I don't see much if any difference.

An SL Event is not something in their Community Blogs section:

Community News

A group blog by Second Life in General

You may think it was an SL Event, but it was a Community Resident Event.  SL Events are owned and administrated by Lindens and Moles,  like the SL sponsored shopping events, on Linden owned land.

It was a legitimate Blog posting because it was "filmed" in SL with SL avatars, and in the Community Blog.  But it had nothing to do with the Lindens or Moles or their plans and projects.  Admittedly the LL Blog (BLOGS) is a confusing mix of seven distinctive sections, some for only LL sponsored events and some by only private SL residents.  So it's easy for the web reader to get confused. 

Edited by Jaylinbridges

4 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Community News

You may think it was an SL Event, but it was a Community Resident Event.  SL Events are owned and administrated by Lindens and Moles,  like the SL sponsored shopping events, on Linden owned land.

It was a legitimate Blog posting because it was "filmed" in SL with SL avatars, and in the Community Blog.  But it had nothing to do with the Lindens or Moles or their plans and projects.  Admittedly the LL Blog (BLOGS) is a confusing mix of seven distinctive sections, some for only LL sponsored events and some by only private SL residents.  So it's easy for the web reader to get confused. 

But what is your actual grievance?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Community News

Yeah, I don't think it matters at all.  People were calling events on the SL events calendar "SL Events" long before that blog existed.  I think it would serve your argument better to show where LL backs up what you are saying explicitly.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

14 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I think it would serve your argument better to show where LL backs up what you are saying explicitly.

Strawberry Linden, who writes the Community Blogs section of the LL BLOGS, has already explained the LL position about Community Blogs vs SL events clearly, somewhere in this forum, explicitly.

People still call Regions as Sims too.  And the SL Events calendar is from another era, where a single DJ set is called an Event.  It's a club event.  But it is listed in the SL Events calendar along with all the hard core pron "events".  You can not list an event in Bellisseria in the SL Events calendar, even though it occurs on Linden owned land and is open to all SL residents.  So Bellisseria has non SL events, I suppose.

Yeah I might be a little bored tonight too. :)

Edited by Jaylinbridges

2 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Strawberry Linden, who writes the Community Blogs section of the LL BLOGS, has already explained the LL position Blog vs SL events clearly, somewhere in this forum.

In that case a link would be helpful.

People still call Regions as Sims too.  And the SL Events calendar is from another era, where a single DJ set is called an Event.  It's a club event.  But it is listed in the SL Events calendar along with all the hard core pron "events".

See, you just called it an "SL Events" calendar too :)

You can not list an event in Bellisseria in the SL Event calendar, even though it occurs on Linden owned land and is open to all SL residents.  So Belliseria has non SL events, I suppose.

They couldn't really allow SL events for Bellisseria because of the no-commerce rule.  I doubt there is anything stopping a resident creating an event on mainland where they have a TP to their Bellisseria location for where the party is.  Not sure what any of that has to do with what events are called.

Yeah I might be a little bored tonight too. :)

It doesn't take boredom for me to respond to a forum post. :)

44 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

In that case a link would be helpful.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/487861-meet-the-lindens-at-sl19b/?do=findComment&comment=2466148

She explained how community posts were not by her.  She did not say an SL Event is any event that occurs in SL, so perhaps it is - meaning we have thousands of SL events every day!

I guess an "SL Sponsored Event" is more accurate, so call the latest Adult rated pron spam from the "Hole In The Wall Restroom Club" an SL Event.  Works for me. 

44 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

They couldn't really allow SL events for Bellisseria because of the no-commerce rule.  I doubt there is anything stopping a resident creating an event on mainland where they have a TP to their Bellisseria location for where the party is.  Not sure what any of that has to do with what events are called.

Actually doing that is against the Belli Covenant, because you are trying to work around their no SL Events listing policy for Belli.  I actually tried that once, using my mainland to post an SL Event and redirecting them to the Belli Club.  The club owner about had a heart attack when she heard that, worried her club could get banned from Belli for breaking the rules.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

1 minute ago, Jaylinbridges said:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/487861-meet-the-lindens-at-sl19b/?do=findComment&comment=2466148

She explained how community posts were not by her.  She did not say an SL Event is any event that occurs in SL - meaning we have thousands of events every day!

Thank you, that makes sense.

I guess an "SL Sponsored Event" is more accurate, so call the latest pron spam from the "Hole In The Wall Restroom Club"an SL Event.  Works for me. 

Thank you :)

Actually doing that is against the Belli Covenant, because you are trying to work around their no SL Events listing policy for Belli.  I actually tried that once, using my mainland to post an SL Event and redirecting them to the Belli Club.  The club owner about had a heart attack when she heard that, worried her club could get banned from Belli for breaking the rules.

Sure, I could understand that though it's a bit petty if true.  However you don't say if any Mole or Linden enforcement actually happened, just that they were worried there would be.  I still have doubts over this.  The problem with interpreting rules is that you are never sure where the line is.  Are Mole/Lindens going to police sending out a group notice with a link to a Belli parcel event too?  Remember that an event can just be a party and not necessarily a business (aka club).  Even with businesses, the moles have repeatedly said that as long as no money actually changes hands on Belli, there is no problem with taking money beforehand and afterwards.  Isn't that just getting around the rules too?  Perhaps there are inconsistencies here, perhaps not.  I don't know.

Hope you're not bored now though :D

20 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Hope you're not bored now though :D

Yes, I have already conceded that an SL Event is anything that happens with more than 2 people in SL.  Well, if it's listed somewhere.

The club was non profit, no tip jars allowed, like all Belli clubs and RP businesses.  There is no way the Lindens can detect if you get tipped directly, so that's how it works.  And they know that.  I was careful to never mention Bellisseria in my event notice, since SL Events has a forbidden word editor in Moderate rated listings. I don't know if they have added all the Belli region names to the SL Events ban list - probably low on their priority list (I hope so).

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.