Parcel, group, and rezzing abilities ... what am I missing?

Sorina Garrigus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not sure if I am over looking something but I was trying to set it so only certain members in a group can rez things. It seems like you can ... but it comes off as everyone in the group or nobody.

1: I have the parcel set so people in the group can rez items

2: I set it in the group that only certain roles can rez items. 

But they can rez items with these two settings  for any role in the group, not just the roles selected to be able to rez items. And if I turn off rezing for the group in the parcel settings they can't rez anything. 

Is there a way to set the parcel so only specific roles in a given group can rez things? And if they can't ... what is the point of this in group settings for specific roles? 
image.png.f892b87b38fa57013bf743fab7c539aa.png

image.thumb.png.3a316bcd9bd81b9955b5b324bc87c617.png

Edited by Sorina Garrigus
edited to fix wording ... its why you edit a thing.

I haven't tested this, but it would seem to me if the land tab options has allow group to build set, then that would allow any group member to build.  As you want to control rezzing by group role, I would turn off the group ability to build at the land level, and just rely on the group roles to control who can rez/build.   I think the message shown in your image above that says "Members in this role with this Ability can create objects on a group-owned parcel, even if it's turned off in About Land -> Options" supports turning it off at the group level and relying on group role abilities instead.

I think you will need to have the land deeded to the group (if it isn't already).

• Like 1

I was having this problem recently.. Mine is set to group owned..

They just need to be in the group and  I believe need to be in a certain group within the group that is given permission, to where they would need that tag..

I don't think you can just give individuals in the everyone tag,rez rights.. I think you need it to be a certain tag they would need to switch to because i think it is a tag thing rather than an individual permission...

It's been like two months since I did this.. so I'm just going off memory.. Also if it isn't working for them right away. Have them relog.. I found that they had to relog as well to get their permissions working right.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

There is a difference between Group Owned and simply Set to a specific Group. That particular setting explicitly states as part of its description that it allows those in that role to rez objects on Group Owned land.

The setting in About Land concerns a Set Group. It is also blanket permission for said Group - all roles - and will override the individual Role flag if used on a Group Owned parcel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. Make sure the land is DEEDED, not just SET to group. You will need to ensure you have enough tier to donate to the group so you may have to raise your allowed tier temporarily on the website, but you won't be charged any extra because the land in use will be removed from your own personal holdings at the same time as it's added to the group holdings.  As soon as the deeding is done, you can lower it back to where it was before.
  2. Turn group build OFF on the parcel.
  3. Make sure the people you want to have permission to rez are in an "Officer" role or similar, with "Always allow create objects" allowed.
  4. Make sure the "Everyone" role has this ability turned off.

I've just tested this on my own land and it works perfectly.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.